Civilization XLCVIII

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Civilization XLCVIII

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 am

Project Fear and Madness... cause every Deep Old One needs to be able to make mortals cower.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I think I'm going to call it then, if I can't get people interested. I'm out, then. When everyone hits land I might do another "Goblins" one like the originals; we'll see.

Survival was always going to drop because evolution and survival isn't easy. If I didn't have drops it would not be challenging and there'd be no point in it.

Patdragon had it right -- there's very little going on down here in the mantle. No predators, no prey, no nothing. It's BORING! It had me fighting to make useful posts that weren't just "ok, you survive another 100K years, no real changes much..."
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm not sure if what I was saying was said correctly. I don't mind predators, that was not the issue. The issue was they they suddenly can counter just about everything we can do in spite just showing up. I feel like the main problem though is the survial drop in spite of really good rolls. As I said before oots evolution game does not have this, I don't know why we were subjected to it.

How would you feel if you rolled high but are told you accidently stab yourself? That is what the survival drops felt. If there is still intrest and you do carry this game on, please use the oots survival system instead of the current one.

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 am

:( i was enjoying it :(

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

I loved spore when it came out and I like evolution based games more than the Civ part and the evolution part gets me invested. So its a shame we went extinct this early.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 am

Me too therexare not enough of em

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 am

If you ever ..ever...go back to the old days and make a new goblins Civ game, in which you start out as goblins...in a random area of a world map... I'm totally in for the long haul. But, as with your games, I understand that typically you get bored with them...which is why they end.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:46 am

...If there's nothing in the lava, can't you just put stuff there? It's your world :P