Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:51 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Does that mean I'm bound to donating those points, as soon as there are enough people pooling their points for it? I mean I was willing to spend them at that point in time (when the suggestion was made), but as the situation changes, I might want to use them for something else in that round...
Well, you can remove them from the list now if you want, no problem in that.... but as soon at the points are used it will be to late.
even when the points are collected, the gods still need to agree on how the body will be, (but who is according to the agreement random selected)

So as it is, you still have your 4 points and can use them exactly as you wish...

right now I'm about to post an "interlude" post, due to some of the suggestions in the game thread, that needs more defining, so I guess you have a nice amount of time to decide.

also, have a beast man....
[anchor=a8 goto=a8]Image[/anchor]
Fahra, of the goldfur tribe.
A kind and frendly oldfur, at least, kind as beastmen go. Fahra was the only one that hte riders talked to while being tended to by the goldfur beastmen tribe.
He did not say much, mostly just taking care of the sick. apparently he seemed quiet good at predicting weather patterns, of course, the goldfurs says he can actually control the weather to some degree.
no matter what, it was him who ended up finding a cure for whatever illness had struck the travelers.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:23 pm

So do you wish to keep the points in Gathers, or withdraw some of them? Because if you don't, I suppose I'll use my last point to get us to the 12 points needed. I think that if we want to go and investigate this caravan, that having a "god" accompany it would be a wise choice.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 am

Well, it's been about a day, so without further adue... I'll move things along.

1. M0rtimer
2. M0rtimer
3. Gathers (donating)
4. Gathers (donating)
5. Spider
6. Spider
7. Spider
8. Kid Ryan
9. M0rtimer (donating)
10. Spider
11. NotStickFigures (donating)
12. M0rimer

SPIN THE DICE AND BEGIN THE SUMMONING RITUAL, LAYF!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:56 am

Okay...
Some time has passed, and I've rolled the dice.
This means that a god has been selected for incarnation.
But -WHAT the god should be has not been determined yet. that is a work between all gods who have added points to the pool.
I'ved looked into when people tend to be online. based on that I'll give 11 hours for the gods to discuss what the body should be,
OR since Ask and Gathers has not donated this turn, they may if they chose withdraw their points, if they do not wish to contribute this round.
after those 11 hours, I'll start talking to the new god, so we can coordinate his reactions in the first update with a body!.

So as agreed, I'd roll a d12, if it ended up being the number of a donator, i would reroll... this is the result:

God selection : 1D12 = [9] = 9 yep... thats m0rts donator point.

God selection take 2: 1D12 = [9] = 9 Ehm... m0rts donator roll again....

Damn...
God selection take 3: 1D12 = [12] = 12 You know what.. I do belive the dice gods has talked... One body for god m0rt, on the way!!!

WE need to know what Race: http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm
And we also need the two animal traits for the god, such as Hawks vision, cats agility, strength of a bull (not the spell named bulls strength, thats not the system we use ;) )
And of'course, once that is decided... we need m0rt to name himself :P
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:21 am

rat i guess and a mouse ?

b.o of an unwashed swine , and hippo butt.

just a sugesstion nick:p
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:36 am

The tenacity of a badger. :D

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:07 am

askstoomuch wrote:rat i guess and a mouse ?

b.o of an unwashed swine , and hippo butt.

just a sugesstion nick:p
Ehm.... Eh.. EM..
Dnd 5e races mate ;)
Human, elf, dwarf, halting, gnome, thiefling, dragonborn, halfelf and half orc.

Oh... And... Ehm... Usable animal traits... Thank you....
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 am

Well, apparently this is destiny.

I actually have a suggestion for how we can deal with the "Has to be a consensus of the contributing parties", because I doubt any of my fellow contributors really want to say anything along the lines of "I think you should play character X" or "I don't think you should play a character like that, try X instead."

Basically, what I am gonna do is suggest a series of "different character builds". Idea for race, traits, and my personal opinions on pro/cons of picking that particular selection. We could then once again hold a vote, (Amount of votes = amount of points put in? Would feel bad for Spider if he put in that many points and doesn't get anything worthwhile out of it.) while I takes suggestions on potential improvements and might do so if I see many agree/agree myself. (Or just outright "templates" as I'll call them, if you think you have one that seems interesting)

Does that sound like an acceptable idea? I'll get to creating some of these "templates" soon if that's the case...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:15 am

I'll just drop this here resource....which fell off the back of a truck....

https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

There are a lot of 5e races out there, some of which are kinda crazy, but if you want to go with the generic release..that makes sense.

Note, having not donated any IP, I understand if you wish to disregard my opinions.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 am

havin donated but 1 point , i would just give a suggestion, make decent all round. bloke, we need a good fighter if the orcs comeback

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:39 am

If you made a half-orc, that was friendly...maybe it would dissuade orcs from hurting them anymore.

Otherwise...maybe an Elf. Friendly, beautiful, mysterious and very good with a bow.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:12 am

How you guys do it is up to you.
Just reminding that there is a relative short dessision time, as I plan to update tomorrow (gmt time) if at all possible. Either after midnight or in the morning...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:20 am

It might be useful at some point to start setting up traps/trappers/hunters.

Pelts are typically a good commodity for trading. Plus it could be another source of food variety. There's even a chance that some animals could be trapped and tamed, at least enough that they could be bred.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37 am

i was thinking about that , maby get one of the archers too hunt ? set up a lil hunting hut deep in the woods ? breedable animals would make us much more stable

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:44 am

I changed my suggestion to Hunting/Trapping

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 am

My suggestion is that whatever race is chosen, should be something that could be good at fighting, and that once race is chosen, one of the gods explain to the mayor exactly what is going to show up in a bit more detail so it goes smoothly.
Maybe the next god-body sent down could be more magic-based themed, like an elf or a gnome with good illusion magic.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 am

mmm...but then your dude could die real quick....

Strength of a bear, Scales of a dragon?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 am

The beastman sound like gatherer/hunters to be honest- We could probably make good relations, but probably nothing too reliable. Think trading some of their furs for some weapons we made, stuff like that.

Anyways- Both suggestions sorta fit with some of the "base ideas" I already had... Let me present those now so hopefully we can get things arranged asap. :)

Also not sure if we are allowed magical creatures, because then I could probably make some adjustments to make some things fit better... :P

The brute
Red male dragonborn, the size of a bear and with the strength of a bull
My general idea for this character is a big brute. He'll probably end up ripping out a small tree for a while until we get enough iron to forge him a decent weapon...
-Pros:
  • Heavily combat oriented, his traits should make him a powerful opponent that will be a force to be reckoned with against any opposing force.
  • Could assist in heavy construction by helping haul.
-Cons:
  • Depending on exactly how effective the traits turn out to be, could turn out to rather sluggish and would probably slow down long excursions
  • Probably not best suited for other venues.
The archer
Female elf, speed of a cheetah and sight of a hawk.
A fighter variant, the archer would rely more on it's range and mobility than raw strength
Pros:
  • Should still be a strong combatant, if acting from range rather than close.
  • More flexible
Cons:
  • Regular in other aspects
The tinkerer
Male rock gnome, with the cunning of a crow and the creativity of the bower bird
Not focused on combat, this one would focus on helping innovate structures and defenses instead.
Pros:
  • Could likely help greatly in "research" and other advanced tactics, accelarting them and being a boon over the long run
  • Could create traps to help defend the village
Cons:
  • Likely not as immediately adept at combat, with the exception of magic usage.
(Extra notes: Probably wouldn't prefer this one as I'm already playing a rock gnome in Spider's game, but if we want a tinker character it pretty much has to be a rock gnome, doesn't it?

Also not sure about the creativity of a bower bird thing, because knowing LAYF he'll have me just make random structures that don't do anything and that'll be all he's still capable off... Maybe he'd atrract a rock gnome girl, though.)

The diplomat
Female tiefling, with wisdom of the owl and charm of the feline
The tiefling would use her already natural charm to arrange deals,
Pros:
  • Could hopefully serve as a means to better initiate contact with other groups out there.
  • Would hopefully/potentially have "better" access to magic, being able to achieve more powerful effects for the same amount of magic (That's how I'd figure "increased intellingence" to work, at least)
Cons:
  • With the exception of magic usage, would otherwise mostly be common in combat.
(Extra notes: Look, wikipedia suggests a cat is the best choice for a "charming" animal ok, you give me something better. :roll:

Also, tieflings are supposed to have +2 to charisma, but I'm not sure if that'd outweigh the fact people are apparently afraid of strange races and a human would be a better if more boring fit... :shifty:)

Overall, I'm guessing that either option 1 or 2 are gonna be most popular considering what it seems we want right now is a fighter of some form- But I'd want to give all the options. ;)

If any of you have other interesting suggestions, Feel free to state them. :)

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:44 am

i am sure the orcs will be back, so i vote for the fighter

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 am

The tiefling could potentially have increased chances for interacting with the beastmen too.

Another thing, LAYF never answered my question about whether or not other races are available other than base.

Because theres that one race of angelic beings...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:25 am

To answer as much as possible.
No other races for now, only the phb that I liked to.

As for thieflings and the "fear vc charisma bonus" the thieflings charisma is magical. So she/he has better chance for making the desired relations (both friendship, intimidated, love.. All that) but passions burn hot, so they also risk worse reactions, should things go wrong...

So basically: better chance of good results, worse reactions if it goes wrong.

Birds Creativity: I'll interpret that as you'd use a more chaotic approach at creating stuff, some times its garbage, and you don't always produce what you intent to, but the results can be brilliant. (eg. You decides to make a lift to get stuff up from a mine, you end up building an elaborate digging device instead) things like that.

Cat charm can be accepted, but would also make prey animals more fearful around the character (cats being intimidated predators to many prey animals) note, this only affects animals, humanoids would not be extra intimidated :)

Magical creatures: nope, traits must be from real animals, because the knowledge of dragons and strength of tarrasque is to much :p
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:32 am

How did you know that my original idea for the brute was "strength of the tarrasque and size of a dragon?" :shifty:

I mean we could have made it work! Sure, we would need to build an entire new field or two just to feed him, but we'd just swat the orcs next time they'd come by! :roll:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 am

Oh also, the character would come equipped with appropriate gear, in the form of a weapon, shield(or extra weapon), armor (or a third weapon or tool) and clothes that fits the character. These things I will let m0rt select when we pm story.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:15 am

The d20SRD only has one of the subrace variants for each race that has subraces. Does this mean that High Elf is the only option, or are other Player's Handbook subraces available as well?

High Elf does get a cantrip as a racial trait...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 am

Oh... I had not seen that about the srd.
The full list of phb races available is:
Dwarf, Hill dwarf and mountain dwarf.
Elf, High elf, Wood elf and Dark elf.
Halfling, Lightfoot and Stout.
Human
dragonborn, any of the base dragon colors.
Gnome, Forest gnome and Rock gnome.
Half-elf.
Half-Orc.
And lastly, Tiefling
-Best regards LAYF