Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:49 am

sounds complicated in any case.

How about you (randomly) "assign" each soul to one god, who then can choose how to use it (or NOT to use it)?
Keep track of which god got how many of which kind of soul and then, if we get new souls, take that into account when assigning those.

Also, I would like a clarification, if this "end of the year" means AFTER THIS UPDATE? That would give us incentive to spend all the forced souls before they expire...
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:55 am

Hmm...
Not sure about that, as it would leave a lot of God's without souls, vs some with... And a willing soul is quite powerful...

End of year does indeed mean after this update..
When I post the full update, the forced souls will have been dissolved, and all gods will gain 2 IP (14 divided 11, round up) and another 2 IP for having 3 true worshippers.
-Best regards LAYF

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 am

@gathers
The fertility boost would be constant all year around so while it might not affect the plants right now it would still be beneficial to any livestock and humans in the town. Granted it's a bit of a long shot hoping for a baby boom but it will be beneficial in about 12 years or so hopefully :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:04 am

uhm, yeah. In that case I would still word it slightly differently. We don't want things like... parasites, germs and the like to be super fertile, too, do we?
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:32 am

I plan on updating tomorrow :)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Update is in... A lot of text... And influence points for all...
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:59 pm

I told you all the ip i had to bless Ms. Clucky

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Yes, but you did not gain the last four before the month ended :)

All you had was put to use, and was enough :)
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Derp i just saw the initial part where you asked how much.

So I have a few ideas as to how to make chickens awesome

Phoniex branch: make nigh immortal chickens with eiether super regerative abilities or to come back from the dead as alive chickens, none are exclusive as I want a lot of this stuff eventually

Ostrich branch: large enough to be a mount and be a beast of burden, fighting capabilities will be added to make it more awesome

Cucco: swarming death chickens to our enemies faces with loyalties to our town

Dino/ansestorial branch: giant flying chickens with great nat armour

Cocktrice branch: chickens with spell like abilities, not exclusive to turning people to stone

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Well, all of that is possible... It will take time, points and trail and error, but it is possible
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Yea I figured. Not exaclly sure what I want to do first. :lol:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Just like Zelda... Never hurt a chicken.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:32 pm

uhm, so we had 2 willing souls in the last update's tab and only 1 willing soul in this update's tab. What happened to the other one?

I'm aware that all the forced souls got turned into IP and split among the gods.

A slightly related question: can we try and find where the "drifting" souls want to go/be? Find out which god they would like to "unite" with, or whatever souls do?

Also wow. Nice result on the baby. I think I'll try and make her/him my chosen one or something.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:33 pm

So how much influence would it take to have the chickens go on a manhunting rage when provoked? :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey I want to give them super regeration before that!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:21 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:uhm, so we had 2 willing souls in the last update's tab and only 1 willing soul in this update's tab. What happened to the other one?

I'm aware that all the forced souls got turned into IP and split among the gods.

A slightly related question: can we try and find where the "drifting" souls want to go/be? Find out which god they would like to "unite" with, or whatever souls do?

Also wow. Nice result on the baby. I think I'll try and make her/him my chosen one or something.
The one willing soul had been reserved to make the land magically fertile, since it had enough votes, but it has not been done yet, as no God has used any IP to make the original miracle, nor has anyone really worded how they want the miracle to work (that should be the same God as the one using IP)

About drifting souls, if you vote for it you could set one free and see where it goes, but from your understanding, chances are that it simply have no God and will just float around until it returns to your "soul bank" or dissolve by it self... Or any other options that you have no idea of...

Another option. Is to use IP to gain knowledge about drifting souls....
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Will info gained from the orc town be between updates or with the next update?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:25 am

I edited my post with my attempt at the fertility blessing

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:51 am

twistedstraka wrote:I edited my post with my attempt at the fertility blessing
In game twistedstraka wrote:- SNIP-
I will spend 1 point blessing the area on top of the hill with a slight minty smell that boosts the chance for animals to have births. (is that better LAYF?)
- SNIP-
:lol: Yep.. that is good... I'm not a fan of mint... but then again, I don't live in the town, so I guess it will be alright :P :lol:
spiderwrangler wrote:Will info gained from the orc town be between updates or with the next update?
In game spiderwrangler wrote:Spend one IP to probe the source of the power, seeking to understand it (may spend more if needed, based on info gained).
I had missed that one... of course, here is the info you gain (that IP usage locked and cannot be canceled, but more can be added)

Searching the area the god notes how it seems like natural energy is attracted to the place, slowly it moves in from all around and is sort of funneled into one more concentrated pool. this pool is what could be used to fuel a miracle.
Looking around, the god also sees how this is the same thing that happens under the sick house, by some luck, it was build right on a source just like the one in the Orc town.
This makes the god wonder, and he starts to look around to towns he knows from the memories of those that live in Our town, just as he suspected, in each of these towns, he finds such an energy pool. looking at the cursed town he even finds two!
it seems that mortals are attracted to places with these pools, somehow they feel like those places will be good to settle at!
maybe there are more of them around?
The god also feels like there is more to know... but to learn that would take all his time from the next month... he would not be able to act at all while he researches one of "the pools" more.
(That would not cost you any IP, but it would, as said, cost you your entire turn. That said, you could as always use extra IP and see if it grants even more knowledge)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:18 am

spiderwrangler wrote:This one spends another IP in addition to staying in the orc town for the duration, studying the pool of energy.
Okay, IP usage locked:

Deciding that his energy source needs more exploration, the good descends to the one in the orc town.
Sitting there he realizes a few things:
(THE NON IP FIRST)
1) The energy is all created from nature it self, be it from forced souls dissolving, emotions of living beings or even prayers directed at something that is not there (such as dead gods or fantasy beings) all these things creates minute amounts of energy. and that energy moves around the world freely.
2) The energy sometimes comes across different forms of funnels, such as these energy spots. here it is concentrated and released out into nature in a more powerful form, powerful enough to power miracles.
3) If something special happens at these places, such as the birth of a gifted individual or even animal, this energy "funnel" may move into that being, creating a stronger gifted individual, or even an animal with magic powers above those of many monsters.
(Now the IP knowledge)
1) If a miracle is performed right on the spot, the funnel will attach to the miracle, making it permanent, its strength will depend on the funnels strength.
2) A god can spend his whole month at such a place and draw IP from it, depending on the funnel strength... this will "halt" any miracle for that month. (a list of known funnels will be added to the update pages) (a list will also be in the bottom of this post)
3) A god could also decide to fully drain such a place, this will grant him 3 times the IP, but will destroy the funnel.
4) "2" can be performed, even if there is a miracle using the funnel, but doing so does carry some risk, the risk will be based on the miracle.
5) "3" cannot be done on funnels already attached to miracles.
6) Extremely strong funnels will at times create random miracles.. these can be one time miracles or in some cases be permanent miracles that take over the funnel.

The god, does not lose the used IP from this information, as he regained one by the research it self.

Know Funnels, arranged based on strength:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 am

The knowledge above is Spiders for this month, it will become "openly" avaliable to all non Avatars by the next month...
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:37 am

So if drawing IP from it, if a place is is a level 3, does that correspond to gaining 3 IP, or does one need to be left in order to avoid draining it?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:40 am

Based on the way I understood him, a level 3 would = 9 if drained

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 am

spiderwrangler wrote:So if drawing IP from it, if a place is is a level 3, does that correspond to gaining 3 IP, or does one need to be left in order to avoid draining it?
Depending, you could stay there for a month, gaining 3 IP. This will halt any miracle attached to it, but not harm it.
Or you could empty it, gaining 9 IP but destroying the Funnel.
You cannot (as far as you know) empty/destroy one with a miracle attached.
Draining it (for the 3) is safe, unless there is a miracle attached. In that case, it caries risks.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 am

Ok, thanks. If you are seeking to gain less than the max, does that still take all month?

Also, will the location of the other known funnels be added to the world map? What they are useful for might depend on how far away they are.

I'm also assuming that this is my action for the month, I can't bleed any of the IP out of it?
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler