Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Our Town OOC

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 pm

OKAY... I created this Thread to keep the ingame thread free of to much OOC.

Will update in a bit..

Q&A:
► Show Spoiler
NPC Character Bio
► Show Spoiler
Player character bio:
► Show Spoiler
[anchor=a2 goto=a2]CREATING A PC CHARACTER[/anchor]
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Our town (IIC) Open game - Year 0.1

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 am

BadgeAddict wrote:(Is the trench their response to "build an aqueduct"?
It's their response to 'build trenches'.
M0rtimer wrote:Hmmm... With the orcs we probably want to build some fortifications at the very least in their general directions. A wall is probably too much at this point, but a series of trenches could very well slow down future assaults and give easier pickings to our bowmen.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Our town (IIC) Open game - Year 0.2

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 am

(Nah, the trench is a very rudimentary defensive structure to try and slow down any attacking orcs. I figured a wall would have been even better, but don't think we have the resources to construct a proper one at this time. Blockades could work perhaps, but we already have guard towers for our archers to both provide cover and a vantage point.)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 am

So my aqueduct was ignored. :( sad face.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 am

BadgeAddict wrote:So my aqueduct was ignored. :( sad face.
LAYF wrote:"If you wish to feed the children, you must grow your crops, build an aqueduct from the river, and surely they will bring you much food" The first voice says.

Shocked, but somehow convinced that these answers are indeed from the gods the mayor replies "But, we are at the highest ground for more than a mile? It will cost us all our strength and time to build such a waterway, Will such a task be successful?" He asks, not entirely convinced.
I take it to mean he decided that such a task would NOT be successful and didn't assign anyone to it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:54 am

So that means building atom bombs and launching them at the Orcs will also be ignored. :P

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:29 am

BadgeAddict wrote:-SNIP-
Question: Do we need to tell them to continue to work on something, or will they leave it and do something else instead?
Depends from time to time, the people act on the mayors instructions, and he basically decides what to say... He can hear you guys, but is not controlled by you.
In the same way the normal folks may also choose to ignore the mayor if they wish.

Mostly if something is urgent, they will stop what they are doing to do the new thing, then return when that is done...
Otherwise they may decide to finish their current task first and then do the new thing.
Besides that, the people also do as they wish, so maybe someone will suddenly start painting or making clay pots...
Basically, if you guys say nothing, they will still live and work... Just without your guidance and influence (as said, influence points can be used as kind of low key magic...)
BadgeAddict wrote:So that means building atom bombs and launching them at the Orcs will also be ignored. :P
Well... If you spend about 12.000 influence points I'll allow it :P

Edit: oh, and spider is nearly correct... The mayor does not belive the aqueduct will be possible/fruitful with current recourses, so for now he has postponed the idea...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 am

Can you give us a vague idea of the "power level" of our IP?.

Like:
Between 1-4 = This powerful
Between 5-10 = That powerful, etc

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:46 am

HE DOUBTS THE POWER AND WISDOM OF THE GODS?!

Uses one influence point to smite him

(That was a joke btw. Don't actually use my valuable influence points)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:32 am

Okay... Since the in game thread has started to flood with of game questions, I've decided To make an OOC thread.

Any ooc questions and information i can find will be placed in here... :)

Also, I'll keep a lock of Character profiles*

Any questions? No okay... I'll just copy paste posts in here then.....
BadgeAddict wrote:Can you give us a vague idea of the "power level" of our IP?.

Like:
Between 1-4 = This powerful
Between 5-10 = That powerful, etc
Not really no, as it will depend much on task to task.
But if you wish to do things like grow crops, think of 1 point = 1 month for a small area.. so you could use one point to advance the crops growth on a single farm by one month, to two farms by half a month.
You could use a point to make it rain for some time, if its 100% drugh and not a cloud in the sky, you may be able to make a single hour of light rain. if its rain season you may start a month long raining storm with one point...
(please note, the rain wont start right away.. this magic is subtile... clouds would slowly appear, the wind maybe change a bit. could take all from minutes to days, depending on the instruction and situation
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Out Town OOC

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:01 am

Character Bio and backgrounds.
Okay Im still practicing my drawing and storytelling, and skills, and due to that I decided that I will flesh out the characters of the game here All character bios will be published and stored in the OOC intro post. Feel free to suggest/request characters, you may even form some of the remaining 16 characters (or others that will come over time)
The style may vary a bit, as I find my self in this one.

[anchor=a2]Image[/anchor]
Alton Farmhand, Mayor and founder of Our town.
Originally a chef at an inn at the capital city, two years ago Alton and his family packed their belongings, bought a wagon and some simple building and farming tools.
On their journey into the uncharted territories they had a run in with a group ofBeastmen, somehow they had angered tehm, during the battle the draft horses were killed and Alton was wounded in the leg.
This little incident did not stop the stubborn man, and he and his two oldest sons took over pulling the wagon.
When they finely came to the rocky hill they now call home, Alton and his blood were quick to build a small farm house, dig a well and plant the wheats they brought.
As time went on and more people came to the little hill, Alton grew in prestige, soon he and others took to calling him mayor. A Title that he seems more than happy to carry.
A few months back, a group of orcs attacked Our town, ever since then Alton has been a bit different, uses more time to himself and acts more protecting than before.
Never the less, he is still a beloved leader of the community.

[anchor=a3]Image[/anchor]
Jacob Farmhand, Blacksmith and second son to Mayor Alton Farmhand.
Jacob is as strong as they come, back at the capital he was a blacksmiths apprentice. So when his father moved them he took some tools of the trade with him.
For this reason it came as no surprise that he quickly asked for the job when his father suggested the town created a blacksmiths workshop.
Currently two of the towns young adults are helping out at the workshop, learning the trade from Jacob.
Jacob is a patient man, loving and caring, if a bit naïve.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:03 pm

How tall are the trees to the north east of the town? Enough that they provide a possible way of getting into the village if they were scaled or dropped to lean against the cliff?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:31 pm

some of them yes. the trees range from 2 to 15m tall. and the cliffs are 3-3,5m tall.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Clear out the trees to the northeast of the village.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Pst... This is the ooc thread...

Don't worry, I got the suggestion :)
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Susie Farmhand - Mayor's wife
Magnus Klinge - Town Guard --> promote to captain
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:56 am

[anchor=a4]Image[/anchor]
Susie Farmhand.
Out aging her husband by twelve years, Susie is the towns oldest woman, but she shows no signs of slowing down.
while her husband was a chef at an inn, she was a teacher of history, a sharp brain and even sharper tongue on this one.
when she was younger she was taken in by the clergy of the city, thought how to read and write at an early age. she showed great interest in history, and so she was allowed to study that.
when her husband decided their family should move everything they got, she at first was furious, but with time she has come to love the life on the hill of Our town, taking time to teach the children what she find to be important, History.
lately she has also taken up study of engineering, not that she has an affinity for it, but her reading skills are those most suited for the more advanced scripts.

[anchor=a5]Image[/anchor]
Tari Klinge
A woman in her late forties and the mother of Magnus Klinge.
Twice widowed before she moved to Our town, Tari is a quiet woman, short of size and temper. but she is a hard working and an honest woman.
When she came to Our town she found a new husband, the two of them are now the main workforce of the flour mill in Our town.
Tari loves her only son, Magnus more than anything, and she prides herself with his new status as captain of the guard.

[anchor=a6]Image[/anchor]
Magnus Klinge.
only in his early twenties, Magnus is one ot only two with any military training in Our town.
back at his old home he was in the town guard, witch is also why he gladly took up the sword as town guard when offered so by the mayor.
Best friends with Jacob Farmhand, Magnus was somewhat ambivalent taking up the mantel of Captain of the guard, faring that the other towns people would think the Mayor favored his friends and family first.
Luckily, Anton Farmhand had anticipated this, and as such, he had the town gather and hold a vote for the position, all for and none against. Magnus could not be more proud!

[anchor=a1]CREATING A PC CHARACTER[/anchor]
For the mere price of 10 Points, the gods can create a humanoid body for themselves.
Things to note:
You may chose any of the player races from the 5e SRD http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm
BUT: While you will be able to use any magic that race has, that is not normal in this world.
magic exists, but its rare and most people find it scary, how the towns people will react is not easy to say. most magic users produce only subtitle magic, to avoid execution, witch burning is not unheard of.
if you become a character, you lose your ability to talk directly to the mayor as a god, at least until you die again.
as a character, you still gain influence points, but must be "on location" to use them (at the river to effect that, the farm to effect that and so on)
as a character, you gain some advances over normal people, read below.

so, how to create a character.
2(3) ways: pay 10 influence points yourself, create a character as below. or have the other players pay 12 points for you, convince them what character you should have.
3rd way, other gods can "force" each other into a body by spending 15 points. this will force the god into a body that the "attacker" chooses. (please note, this is an RP forcing, so it can only be done if the player accepts it.
Creating a character.
The character you create will be one of the 5e SRD races. and will in addition gain two benefits of your choice. these benefits must be "described as the ability of an animal"
so you could say "I have the strength of an oxe and the sight of the hawk", and your character would gain those characteristics.
but if you say "smart as a fox" you may find yourself disappointing. because, you will then gain that... smart as a fox but lose all humanoid intilligense as a price. unless you say "The mind of a fox and a human combined" using both your animalistic descriptions to gain that.

makes sense?

oh.. and of course, you don't have to have a character, its just an option.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:04 am

This is all just a horrible setup for some of these folks to die aint it...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:06 am

M0rtimer wrote:This is all just a horrible setup for some of these folks to die aint it...
Why would i put this much time and effort into making relatable, lovable characters and then kill them? who would do such an evil thing? :paranoia: :lol:
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 am

So, do we want to draw straws and send one of us down there to assist these guys directly before they get wiped out by orcs? I suppose I'd be willing to chip in two points for that. Just have to decide who we'd send down.

Personally, I would vote to go down as a dragonborn. Clearly, I can see nothing go wrong with appearing as a giant lizard that can breathe fire among a bunch of scared civvies.

(Although tbf, we should probably give the mayor a heads up to not heat up the witch burning site)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 am

That sounds like a nice idea. Tell the mayor the gods will send some help against the orcs and that they should not let themselves be put off by the newcomer's strange appearance. :thumbsup:

I'm willing to cntribute 2 points as well. I don't want to be the one. I prefer to be a whispering voice for now. ^^
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:52 am

Any race is fair game, but magic is iffy... are some of the races more iffy? I would imagine that there may be some hesitancy to let a dragonborn back into town if they survive... tieflings are generally mistrusted.

I'm game... both for drawing straws and or chipping in if that's what we decide. An additional body or two before they take on the orcs would be good.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

I mean, I suggested a dragonborn since I'd figure their breath could be very useful for multiple purposes.

If we really want to go for the freak out factor, we should probably send a tiefling, though. ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:04 am

Depending on how superstitious the orcs are, thaumaturgy can be used to good effect.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:41 am

That's 5-7 points you've gathered (2 from m0rt and 2 from Gathers, 1-3 from spider) so you are still 5-7 points short of sending anyone down. The remaining players has 6 points (3 for badge, 1 for Tea, Ask and Aegis each)
-Best regards LAYF