Post by askstoomuch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:22 pm

get the cart and its contents, raise a storage barn
celebrate the departed orcs
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.5 & INTERLUDE

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:55 am

If whoever we send to retrieve items from the caravan runs into the beast men, we should be calm and friendly towards them, and give them the message, "We wish to live in peace with your tribe. If you wish to trade goods on occasion, we would like that. We would be willing to work up to allies, in case a large threat presents itself to both of our tribes.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:01 am

it would be verry good to have allies,maby us the riders to esteblish some trade , we could us some farmanimals

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Ok, we know the orcs are hostile. While I want to give the armor and gear to the middle-strength of our group (and save the physically strongest for labor to get more fortifications built), we should probably give the armor and weapons to those who are best at combat (right tool for the job and all). The wheat can be used to make more beer, but is probably more useful as actual food for baking bread. A city moves on its stomachs. The beer and wine could be used to bribe the orcs, but I fear that's a stopgap measure. We need to deal with them once and for all.

We should at least try to get a better glimpse of the Goldfurs. "Did not tend the sick" does not bode well. If they're falling to corruption, we can bait the orcs to them and pick up the pieces when they're done fighting each other. If the Goldfurs are fine, we bring them in and bolster the city's population.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Note, Fahra did tend to the sick all other days. Only on the dance/rain night did he not.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 pm

"Hey, Alton- About that little present I just mentioned... Turns out it'll be coming around a lot sooner than I expected. As in, this will likely be the last time I address you in this manner..."

"Don't want to spoil the surprise just yet, but just be aware that if you see a traveler arrive from the south, there will be nothing to fear of her. You should wait with the expedition until that moment comes."

"Oh, and... See you soon."

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.6

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Our town
Year 0.

It is early summer, babies becomes kids, kids becomes young adults and young adults becomes adults

Okay, due to the large amount of suggestions, IÔÇÖm going to summarize more than talk.
The things suggested to the mayor are:

-Make traps in the nearby woods, to gain game and skin.
-Scout to make sure the orcs are not near by (use horses and good riders)
-Make the riders full members of the town, send them after the supplies, if they need it, send extra guards with them
-Go for the caravan, but duck away at any sing of trouble.
-get the cart and its contents, raise a storage barn
-Consider talking to the beastmen in the future
-if beastmen is encounter, act nice, propose trade and maybe later alliance.
-look into the goldfurs, if they are good try and bring them in, if they are bad, pit the orcs against them for easy battle later.
-look/trade for farm animals
-give armor and weapons to the best soldiers because of orcs.
-need to stop the orcs
-Block the moat with a good net, no reason is given.
-You inform the mayor that one of you are arriving soon!
-Have the teacher teach everyone to read and write. Start some sort of record of our town.
-Hold a funeral for the dead person
-celebrate the departed orcs
-make bread more than brew

The mayor thinks for a long time, then he answers ÔÇØTrapping animals for meat and fur is a good idea, And I know my son is working to make us a few extra bows, so that should be a thing we can do! I would also love if we can find some farm animals, sheep or chicken if possible, maybe some oxen.

I would also like to gain the riders goods, not only do I consider the riders to be part of our town, but also surely the items could come in handy, but IÔÇÖm not sure we can spare the manpower right now. But if we gain the weapons and armor, the guards will be the first to receive it, then their equipment can be redistributed.

I do not think blocking the moat is a good idea, Fish swim in and out of it, and it gives us good opportunity to fish, should we be under attack!

IÔÇÖll ask my wife to teach the adults, and the two kids seem to be old enough now, so they should also learn the written word!

At the first full moon, we will hold a ceremony for poor dead Jonson, he deserves it!

A storage for our wheat, flour and other goods is a great idea, and now the moat is ready, I believe we can do it!

IÔÇÖll not celebrate the orcs are gone before IÔÇÖm sure, IÔÇÖll not bring my people false hope, just to have it shattered!

I believe, that with the moat done, the millers will have time to make flour, and with that, we can finealy make bread!

I also agree we should stop the orcs as soon as we can but I do not believe we have the power to do so now! Anyways, Ill have Magnus and one of the watch guards scout around for the orcs, we must know what they are up to!

He pauses, then shakes his head. Never commenting on anything said about the goldfurs! The finishes by saying ÔÇØanyone or anything you send to help will be more than welcome!ÔÇØ

And so the month, the first month of summer starts.
Magnus and the watch guard prepares to ride out, borrowing the riders horses. At the same time, the work on hunting and building a barn starts!

After three days, Magnus and the watch guard returns, they report that they have seen 3 orcs to the east, riding on big boar like animals! Apparently they are patrolling, slowly moving closer to the town each day. Still, they are fare away with the speed they move in.

At first sun on the fourth day, the mayor calls the town together, to discuss what to do, if they should really send out someone to get the goods the riders lost. The riders agree to go get it, and even say the town guard should get all the equipment, but also, that they do not dare go alone. The mayor decides that they must wait a little, see how fast the orcs advance, because, if they are here tomorrow, sending away guards and the riders are the last thing he wants to do!

On the fifth day, the goods gets together, it is time to intervene, using their powers and influence over the world, they start to form, from a tree to the south, the body of an elf!
Elore, The woodelven archer has risen from the mids of a deep forest to the south!
At first, she is lost! The world is different when down here in a mortal body, her senses are different, her movement is different. Luckily for her, she has the sight of a hawk and the speed of a cheetah, and quickly scouts her surrounding area. Examining herself she finds that she is naked, but the gods has not left her witout anything, from thin air she pulls first a dagger to defend herself, then cloth to cover her body, then she from the trees draw a branch that quickly turns into a great longbow, as if by magic a light but durable leather armor forms around her body, then everything changes.
The her senses change, somehow, she can no longer talk to the gods, her voice cannot reach the mayor! She is limited to the speech of the mortals!

After walking the woods for an hour, she hears chanting and voices among the trees, on closer inspection, she finds itÔÇÖs a goblin camp. She decides to investigate!
Using two days to study the little tribe, she finds that the goblins tends to themselves, they build traps to catch squirrels and rabbits, a deer if they can, the fish with spears at the river, never light any fires and do not carry any weapons, aside from those they use to hunt with. There are a total of 12 goblins that she see.
She decides it better not to attack them now and instead get to the town!

As she arrives at the town, people are at first full of wonder, some full of mistrust! One of the guards stops her, but before he can speak, Altons voice is hear ÔÇØAh! There you are! I send for you weeks ago, I thought you were lost! Come come, IÔÇÖll get you something to eat and drink!ÔÇØ He then leads her into his house.
As soon as they are inside, he looks at Elore, ÔÇØI hope you are who I believe you to be!ÔÇØ he says.
After Elore assures him she indeed is, he tells her, that only his sons, wife and Magnus knows about it, to make sure the town does not think him crazy, they have agreed that they will pretend Elore is an old friend! He then tells about all the things that has happened.

Elore suggests she can accompany the Riders to the wagon, and the mayor agrees, on condition that Magnus comes along!

Together on the 9th day, they all set out for the wagon.
The trip is more uneventful than what they fear, and after just five hours, they arrive at the site, Magnus on the back of the working horse, the riders on their own, and Elore, faster on her own two feet.
They find the wagon intact, but some of the goods destroyed. In total they gain:
3 Scale male armor, 4 long swords, 2 long bows, 8 javelins and 3 shields.
12 sacks of wheat, 2 sacks of rice, 3 barrels of beer 0 barrel of wine.
20 units of iron. 10 units of cobber. 2 sacks of raw leather.
2 crates of building tools. 1 crates of farming tools. 10 packs of nails, 1 crate of parchment, ink and pens.
4 bear traps.
8 packs of medicinal herbs.
All things that can surely be put to good use!

They do not see the goldfurs on their travel, but they can see their tents in the distance, smoke coming up from campfires.
The trip back is just as uneventful as the trip to the place. And the town seems more than relived when you all return, the mayor even folds his hands to the skies saying thank you under his breath. Then he goes and shakes Elores hand, repeating his thanks.

The armor and weapons are redistributed, so all guard members now carry both sword and bow, and two hunters are appointed, using short bows. In fact, there is now two extra short bows.

In the middle of the month, one of the gods decide it is time to try and do something active, so the god spends some of her influence and tries to contact first the monster that the other god had called earlier. This attempt is only meet by a single word ÔÇØPREY!ÔÇØ but even this is enough to give some information, the beast is not far away now, and if it continues this speed, it will arrive next month.
She then tries to entend her influence again, this time towards the orcs, looking, searching and brooding for a way into the mind of one of them. And she does find something, one of the spies there is something a way in.. a way to communicate with him but she will have to press harder to gain any real connection!

Meanwhile Elora is trying to make good friends with the towns people, building on the mayors story that they know each other back from when he worked at the inn. She also helps the men and women who have time to learn proper archery!

Three quarters into the month, the barn is done! And all recourses are moved out of the mayors house and into the barn, leaving it more available to the rest of the town and easier to patrol for the guards.

Two days later, the watch guard then comes running! ÔÇØORCS, THE ORCS ARE BACK!!!ÔÇØ he yells, and points to the other side of the river, here five tents has now been erect!
To make matters worse, the next day, the orc camp has been surrounded by a spike wall, multiple trees has been cut down during the night, and a make shift watchtower has been set up in the middle of the camp! A watchman standing there all day and night!

Elore decides to see if she can shoot the guard from one of the towns watch towers, but judging the distance, and the concerned looks in the other guards eyes, she decides its to much of a risk right now.
But the good thing, from up here, she can see all who is in the orc camp.
Orkork is back, and with him he has
4 Spying orcs
8 Adult orcs.
3 Riders

ADDED CHARACTER NONE. m0rt has added ELORE THE ARCHER

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 0 Babies, 2 Kids, 0 Young adults and 19 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 0 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler
Buildings/constructions
► Show Spoiler
Under construction
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Animals, Tools, Weapons and armor
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
16 Orcs (mostly unnamed):
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 Spying orcs
8 Adult orcs.
3 Riders
5 Tents, 1 watch tower and a spike wall.

[tabs:Gold fur tribe]
**Only the riders has seen the Gold fur tribe:**
20+ Beastmen (mostly unnamed):
1- Sharman and Weather teller named Fahra.
19+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman
[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Gathers: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Badge: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 1 Influence point. / Elore the wood elf, archer with sight of a hawk and speed of a cheetah.
Ask: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Aegis: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
NotStickFigures: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
How to make a character
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 pm

**Provided I am reading the map right**

Our western flank is now the easiest route of access, a barricaded gate that can be closed off to prevent incursion would be good, at the top of the hill so we have terrain advantage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 am

Suggestions:
Use the leather to make protective clothing for as many people as we can. Hand out the gained weapons (e.g. Javelins). Use the new iron to make a weapon (of choice, some people prefer e.g. a mace to a sword) for every person as well. I want everyone able to defend themselves, if necessary.

Save the rice (= don't eat it!) to sow next sowing season, two kinds of grain will help if stuff like droughts or other catastrophes happen.

Warn the mayor of the incoming river monster. Have all the villagers stay away from the river until we know more.

Parchment should go to the history teacher, so she can keep records.

Try to engage the goblins in a friendly way. Maybe we can trade with them.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:26 am

send a small party to the goblins, try to establish basic relations and possible trade, give them some food and brew as agift

build a small hunters hut in the forest , so the hunters can go futher and stay longer

if we want this town to prosper we need to be self relienr, we should built a workshop and appoint a carpenter

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 am

^ what is this... Are we making more than one suggestion now?

Craft a few bells with the iron and place them atop the watch towers. This will make for a better warning system.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 am

As the mayor is having his "prayer session", somewhere during the middle of hearing the torrent of advice that likely gives the poor guy a headache, Elore suddenly shows herself... Hanging upside down from a nearby window sill as she calls out: "The others nagging at you again?"

She tumbles back and lands on the ground, smiling before helping herself inside. "It's good advice, though they're putting a lot of load on your shoulders... We'll talk once they're done, okay?"

Once the mayor is free, she'll address her own issues- Giving her own stance on things. "I think with the orcs back, the threat they pose is the biggest issue... Had a good look at them earlier- That Orkork is back, with 4 spies, 8 adults and 3 riders... Ought to figure out how I can help against them."

"Now... I don't think it would be too hard to sneak into their camp during the night and... Dispose of their leader in his sleep. I don't think that'd be a solution though, to be honest- It'd probably get them to go away, but they'd probably be back with someone else to avenge their fallen brother for what they'd consider a cowardly death... We just have to show them that it's not worth trying to mess with us instead."

"I think the best thing I can do personally is watch out for their spies, and give them a few well-trained shots. That might piss them off, but to be honest we both know they don't need to be pissed off to try something again sooner or later- Rather they'd have no intel."

"They also seem very industrious at night, so we should make sure we have people on guard duty if they try to attack during it... I suppose that's one mantle I can take up as well since I see mostly fine in the dark."

"As to what you could have your folk do... Well, others probably gave you a lot of suggestions already- Personally the riders worry me, so I would perhaps have some wooden spikes installed on the entrances to our plateau. We have more iron now too, if you want your son to get back to metal smithing."

For this month, barring protest or interventions, Elore will...
>Keep an eye out for spies, try to give them a strong warning with an arrow to the knee to the head if she spots any.
>Start sleeping a bit more day to help take part of the night guard shift. She'll try to figure out during what time the orcs seem most "active", and make it her priority to pick those hours for her night shift.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am

BadgeAddict wrote:^ what is this... Are we making more than one suggestion now?

Are we supposed to limit ourselves to one suggestion? If so I did miss that.

----------------

Continue training the people with ranged weapons so that they become more skilled in that type of combat.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Have Jacob the blacksmith make a study of the scale mail, learning armory techniques to expand on what he can produce from the smithy would be of great use in the future.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:22 pm

NotStickFigures wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:-SNIP-
Are we supposed to limit ourselves to one suggestion? If so I did miss that -SNIP-
Nope... As long as you keep it a fair amount and allow other players space to play :)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 pm

We have 6/8 players posted. While it is enough, I'll give a bit more time since it is weekend and we usually have low activity from some players there... So I guess I'll update tomorrow or the day after :)
-Best regards LAYF

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Orkork is a problem. If he feels bold he'll likely probe for weaknesses or outright attack while we're still building up, river monster be damned. Time to set up a decoy, either a fake "base" on their side of the river with "fake plans". Maybe give the appearance of fleeing our home. The orcs swoop in, trigger traps all over the budding village, we clean up the mess and loot what we can from -their- little base of operations. Either that or we delay the orcs as much as possible by making rough terrain. If their riders can't cross, that's one less thing to worry about.

Or send an assassin in the night, quick and easy. But I don't think we have anyone skilled or willing to pull that off.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:01 pm

More fortifications would be good, how about a second round of walls? It doesn't have to be too fancy for now, but It will make the town look more menacing than the orcs' fortifications, and slow down any raiders/attackers (or at least make them think about what direction to approach from).

Hmm, and while I'm at it, I think it's time to put my 2 influence to work: I'd like to convince all the trees on the orcish side of the river that it's pollen-spreading season.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:43 pm

At some point we're going to overgrow the top of the hill. We should expand west with fortifications which can later be used as either housing or safe farmland

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.7

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Our town
Year 0.

It is summer

Okay, due to the large amount of suggestions, IÔÇÖm going to summarize more than talk.
The things suggested to the mayor are:

-barricade with gate on north west slope, on top for terrain advantage
-produce more weapons
-produce leather armor
-don't eat the rice, save if for later panting
-Inform the Mayor, monster incoming!!!
-Give the teacher the parchment and ink.
-Make friendly connection with goblins if possible.
-Bring some brew as a gift to the goblins!
-Build a hunters hut
-build a carpenters workshop
-create bells, for a warning system

As the mayor is having his "prayer session", somewhere during the middle of hearing the torrent of advice that likely gives the poor guy a headache, Elore suddenly shows herself... Hanging upside down from a nearby window sill as she calls out: "The others nagging at you again?"

She tumbles back and lands on the ground, smiling before helping herself inside. "It's good advice, though they're putting a lot of load on your shoulders... We'll talk once they're done, okay?"

A bit confused, the mayor goes back to listening to the other gods suggestions

-Continue ranged training
-Study the scalemail, see if Jacob can learn something
-make a decoy or trap, either on their side or by pretneding to flee. or make rougher terrain
-send an assasin to kill Orkork, if anyone has the skill and guts!
-make a second ring of walls maybe?
-Expand west when needed...

He then considers and answers:
ÔÇØThere is not a shred of doubt in my mind, Orkork is dangerous, and we will do all we can to forficate ourselves, IÔÇÖll have all able men start making both an outer ring of spike walls, and to barricade our last entrance! My son is already studying the scale mails, but ill have him also produce more assorted weapons. And! To make things better, my wife and a man for town had a break through on the plans for the ballista!ÔÇØ he proclaims proudly ÔÇØShe is a smart one, the one I chose!
Any way, I do not believe we have anyone who can make leather armor, nor do we have any carpenters. But ill put the positions up, if someone takes them, we can make a workshop for it!

Bells seems like a great idea, and ill set my son on the job right away!
Sadly I do not dare send anyone out to befriend the goblins, if they prove to be hostile we would just have two problems on our hands! In the same way, I would not like to have a hunterÔÇÖs cabin far away as long as those orc spies are roaming around! same goes for expansion, I will expand when we have people for it, but not before it is safe and needed...

We already train as much as we can with bow and arrow, but arrows are expensive, and the training arrows are breaking fast!
My wife has already taken the liberty to control all distribution of ink and parchment, even if I wanted, I would not even dare to take that from her.
IÔÇÖll try and save the rice, or as much as possible, but the people are hungry for a more variated food plan!ÔÇØ

He then pauses again, fingers in his beard thinking
Ive considered trying to assassinate Orkork, but Given the reaction to the poison brew earlier, and the fact I do not know if we have the skills amongst us, I believe it to be an unwise decision.

Once the mayor is free, Elore address her own issues- Giving her own stance on things. "I think with the orcs back, the threat they pose is the biggest issue... Had a good look at them earlier- That Orkork is back, with 4 spies, 8 adults and 3 riders... Ought to figure out how I can help against them."

"Now... I don't think it would be too hard to sneak into their camp during the night and... Dispose of their leader in his sleep. I don't think that'd be a solution though, to be honest- It'd probably get them to go away, but they'd probably be back with someone else to avenge their fallen brother for what they'd consider a cowardly death... We just have to show them that it's not worth trying to mess with us instead."

"I think the best thing I can do personally is watch out for their spies, and give them a few well-trained shots. That might piss them off, but to be honest we both know they don't need to be pissed off to try something again sooner or later- Rather they'd have no intel."

"They also seem very industrious at night, so we should make sure we have people on guard duty if they try to attack during it... I suppose that's one mantle I can take up as well since I see mostly fine in the dark."

"As to what you could have your folk do... Well, others probably gave you a lot of suggestions already- Personally the riders worry me, so I would perhaps have some wooden spikes installed on the entrances to our plateau. We have more iron now too, if you want your son to get back to metal smithing."

The mayor responds: ÔÇØI believe you are absolutely right about assassinating Orkork, even if successful, it would just end up worse!
If you can rid us of spies, now that would be great!

Oh believe me, there has been not a single hour without at least one man on watch it has been taxing for them, but they see the need and reason! But you are welcome to join them!

And yea, some of your. Friends? Suggested the barricades with spikes Ill get to it right away.

With those words, the mayor moves out to talk to his people.

-God Tea uses two months of influence to make the trees spread their pollen!

>Keep an eye out for spies, try to give them a strong warning with an arrow to the knee to the head if she spots any.
>Start sleeping a bit more day to help take part of the night guard shift. She'll try to figure out during what time the orcs seem most "active", and make it her priority to pick those hours for her night shift.

And so the month start off with air slowly thickening with pollen on the other side of the river.
While the godÔÇÖs action was a success, something else has happened that has both the mayor and the towns people a bit worried.
The monster that attacked the riders has been spotted, not more than a mile west of town.
Its a Spike tailed tunnel burrower! No one really knows much about them except some gods.
► Show Spoiler
The monster shows up multiple times during the first week, but never close enough to the town to be a real threat!

The next week, the towns people are working hard, even having produced a weapons deposit, to make it possible for anyone to gain the extra weapons if needed.

But then something unexpected happens.
22 horsemen comes riding from the north, banner, trumpets and all. They introduce themselves as mercenaries, saying that they have seen the trouble the town is in, and offers to help out in exchange for the fair price of 150 gold, plus 5 gold per orc killed.
The mayor, who would love nothing more than say yes, must sadly say that the town does not have any coin, nothing more than a few copper and silver forgotten in the pockets and purses.
The horsemen takes some time to consider. Then, after asking some questions as to what the town do have comes with another offer. 150 sacks of wheat, 50 pieces of wild game and al 10 cobber bars.
The mayor considers briefly, but then answers ÔÇ£I would take you up on your offer, if I could, but the recourses are not just mine, they belong to the town. I cannot save them from one crises just to bring them into the horror of starvation!ÔÇØ
The mercenaries takes their leave again without any problems. Saying they will be there, should things change

Next morning, when Elore is on guard she spots the orc spies, sadly a bit too late as they are on their way back over the river!
But, the next day, she is ready!
Headshot! Elore takes aim and fires another arrow, missing its mark by a hair!

No more spies are seen that week!

First day of the third week a joyfull message is given the mayor, one of his towns women has given birth to twins! Two more inhabitants of our town!

The third day on the third week, suddenly a sound not heard before echoes over the town ÔÇôDING! DING! DING!... DING!... DING!.... DING!.... DING! DING! DING!
ÔÇ£OOORCS!!!!!ÔÇØ

All towns people storm out, looking down they see the orcs storm to the river, two by tow each carrying their own raft, 7 rafts hits the water, one of them bigger than all the others suddenly, Blood! Blood everywhere as the first raft that hit the water is split from bellow, a seven meter long sea serpent explodes trough the raft, instantly killing the two orcs and the boar that was onboard. The water foams in red and fur! The other orcs paddles for their lives, some towards their own shore, others towards yours..

Then you hear the horns! From the south the sound of galloping hooves rumbles as 22 horse riders, lances lowered comes rolling down the hills, spearing the few defenseless orcs that made it to your shore! Without pause the riders shifts direction, first directly towards your towns south-east slope entrance, then turning again, moving south-west, one of the riders fires an arrow into the wall of the south watchtower.
And with that, they ride away
A deep silence.

Then you hear a roar of anger from the other side Orkork has reached his shore! Looking at the water, his destroyed rafts and his dead men on your side he roars again! And in a show of force he takes a spear from his back, and taking just two steps hurls the spear all the way over the heads of all the towns people, pricing the wall of the town hall! With that he and all the remaining orcs start marching west, past their tents, not taking a single thing with them!

The town, deeply in shock, and at the same time relieved return to their homes, but not without leaving three men on guard at all time production may be slowed down a bit, but no one dares the risk of a sleeping guardsman!

The rest of the week goes by without any incidents. The river monster is only spotted a few times, but no one dares go close to the water.
The spike tailed tunnel burrower is spotted near daily, but it never comes closer.

Then, the first day of the last week, five people arrive from the south, they are all struck by illness and asks for refuge and treatment. The mayor does not know what to do with them, but decides to place them in the sick house, hoping maybe the gods can guide him when they speak to him again!

Not more than three days pass, and suddenly, six more people show up, showing the same symptoms. But these people do not ask to stay, they simply set up camp outside town at the eastern side. They start to bath in the water coming out of the moat, and at one night, one is even spotted inside the moat
The mayor is in distress, what should he do?

He has also neglected to tell the other towns folk what the arrow from the horse riders was about. but both he has Elore has read it:
Dear Mayor Anton.
This time, we saved your people, and we did it for free.
But know the orcs, they will be back, so is their nature!
but don't worry, our offer stands. 180 sacks of wheat, 50 pieces of wild game, 10 bars of cobber and a bar of iron for very orc killed.
by our count, that means you already owe us 5 iron bars.

If you want to contact us, hang a read long banner from one of your watchtowers.

PHEW. THAT WAS A LOOOOONG UPDATE!!!!

INFO!!!

Spider and m0rt has begun using points to learn about both the spike tail and the weird illness.

All knowledge is so far in the OOC.

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 2 Babies, 2 Kids, 0 Young adults and 19 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 2 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler
Buildings/constructions
► Show Spoiler
Under construction
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Animals, Tools, Weapons and armor
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
9 Orcs (mostly unnamed):
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 2 Spying orcs
8 4 Adult orcs.
3 2 Riders
5 Tents, 1 watch tower and a spike wall.

[tabs:Gold fur tribe]
**Only the riders has seen the Gold fur tribe:**
20+ Beastmen (mostly unnamed):
1- Sharman and Weather teller named Fahra.
19+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman
[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Gathers: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Badge: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 2 Influence point. / Elore the wood elf, archer with sight of a hawk and speed of a cheetah..
Ask: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Aegis: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
NotStickFigures: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
How to make a character
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:22 pm

"Well, onto matters again..." Elore begins, counting on her fingers. "I suppose there's three important things I want to mention... The mercenaries, the orc encampment, and this disease going around."

"Mercenaries... We could pay them. We have the resources, should work towards making more than we consume anyways, and if we're not selling it we might as well use it to get hired protection... I'm hesitant though, since their contract seemed a bit doubtful..? Is it truly just a one time price for their eternal protection, or will they eventually ask the same again? Not to mention we only have a limited supply of iron, even if it is..."

"I'd say offer them the 5 bars of iron as a sign of good will and a good meal should they ever come around again- And try to arrange the deal as to help us kill OrkOrk and hopefully stop this stupid game he's trying to play."

"Next up, the orc encampment. It still stands and they probably left a lot of things... But I think it's probably too dangerous to cross the river what with that... Thing I have no idea how it got there being in there."

"Still, if it's still standing by the time they come back, they'll probably use it all over again... Ideally I'd have that area trapped as they seem so fond of it... But with your permission, for now I would take care of it by lighting some arrows on fire and burning it all down from afar."

"Finally, the sick... It's pretty obvious there's a pandemic going around- And it's probably gonna be inevitable at least some of us are gonna catch it, too. Well, you guys at least- Hopefully I'm immune." she says... Mostly jesting, and trying to let that show.

"Sadly, I don't know enough about medicine to really help with that, besides the obvious... Keep the sick isolated from the healthy, and make sure the sick don't come into direct contact with our water or food supply..."

"But while I don't know anything about how to treat them myself, we know that the goldfurs have taken care of some, and they came out fine... I offer to go visit them, with some help if you can spare it. I propose to bring a gift in the form of some game, maybe some brew, and try to converse with their shaman to see if he has any insights as to how the disease can best be treated."

Done with talking to the mayor,

Summary for mayor:
>Advice concerning mercenaries
>Offer to burn down orc encampment
>Ask for permission to take resources, potentially help towards the goldfurs and try to find out what she can, potentially with help from others. She proposes taking 20 game, and three brew, but curious to hear if the mayor might have any idea what they could like (We don't have any pelts?)

Elore will:
>Move up the river until she finds a place she finds suitable enough to try crossing, either wading through or jumping it, then doubling back to the orc camp. She'll only pick up things that aren't too heavy and valuable enough for her way back. If she spots anything that seems of real value but is too big to properly take across the river, she'll try and hide it before burning the encampment.
>Go visit the goldfurs. (potentially with help/gift) Primary plan will be to ask what information their shaman has about the disease, what he did to cure it, though potentially also lay the groundwork for future potentially friendly contacts.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

We. Need. Allies.

Send a scout to watch the goblins if possible. That way we know if they're potentially friendly, or bloodthirsty. If the latter, herd 'em to the orcs...

Moat water was historically toxic, being the toilets of those who lived inside the fort before the advent of proper toilets... this illness reeks of plague to me. Could someone have poisoned the water supply upriver? That'd drive away -everyone-, orc, goblin and otherwise... and right into the Spike Tail. And it might have friends...

By "cobber" I take it you mean "Copper"? Heh.

We can afford the mercenaries, but that means we need to hunt for new supplies or a mine to replenish, unless we can get the mercs to act as go betweens for a potential trade route with someone/something?

(I like the way you're running this, LAYF. I may... steal it. I've been toying with returning again...)

Biggest threats right now are the illness/new arrivals (so as to not poison the rest of us) and the orcs. Focus on guards until we can get a surprise ready for 'em, and research/find a way to heal the sick. Meanwhile, scout the goblins to see if there's -any- hope for friendship. If not, keep clear. Goblins can be MEAN when they get set up right.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 am

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 am

>burn down the orc encampment after propper looting a task for the elf
>focus on the sick, we need there numbers, expand the house of the sick with there tents, feed and cloth them take care of them, be super carefull not to get the people sick

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 am

OOC: (Since I don't know what you guys are talking about unless you have the message directly relayed to me)

Elore is NOT crossing that river with the monster in there. ;)

I mean, maybe she could just jump over, but I think that's a tall task even with cheetah speed...

Either that, or taking a significant detour to make sure the trip stays "safe".