Agynp III - Where did we go? (open game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Agynp III - Where did we go? (open game)

Post by LAYF » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

If you donÔÇÖt know what Agynp is, see Here
I really liked this one game, but the old one seems like it have reached its limits... so here is round III...

Hay all... so I just found this new game, Called Agynp III, its awesome, much better graphics than I and II.
but i seem to have a problem, the towns fool keeps following me, so whenever i try to sneak or anything he reports me and a guard shows up... im not sure, can i just kill him off in hte woods or is he plot relevant?

P7X H8lp a n006 0ut!
-Best regards LAYF

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Agynp III - Where did we go?

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:51 pm

Ah yeah, I remember that game. If I remember correctly, (it's been a while since I've played it, the fool isn't, technically. I say technically because while the fool himself doesn't add much to the plot, the balls he carries are the only weapons that will work against one of the final bosses. (Some kinda anti-fun demon or whatever. Afraid of bright colors) Unfortunately, when I played last, there was a bug that makes it so you couldn't take them from the fool's inventory once you kill him. I don't know if they fixed it, so I would save before you kill him, just in case.

If not, then there are two ways you can proceed. One, play the game the 'honest' way. Stealing and killing will make him alert the guards, but swindling, conning, etc. seems to be fine with him. So, you don't have to be completely honest, but you can only use non-violent ways to get it from non-enemies. For the baddies of course, you can kill without consequences. (He might even tip you a bit of money if you help him out of a tight spot.

Two, you can play around with the games morality meter. It's not super complex. Every character has a few good, and a few bad things they can do. Normally relating to their character roles. For instance, if you can prevent a guard from arresting a criminal, his morality will go down. If you help him catch a criminal, his morality will go up. Things like that. So, the best way to lower the fool's morality meter is to make him not perform. This isn't easy, but I found one foolproof way to do it. There is a shop in town that serves homemade fudge. If you get a bunch of it (remember, you can't steal, so you have to figure out how to get it legally) and give it to him, he can't resist. He'll just dive in, and his hands will get sticky. When he tries to juggle, the balls stick to his hands. When he tries a balloon animal, he pops. When he tries to tell a joke, it just sounds garbled. He can't do anything! You'll know it works when nearby kids starts to cry. That's the signal that the game gives when he's failed and his morality has gone down. Eventually, if you do this enough, he'll turn into the evil fool. Not much different. His outfit is a slightly different color, and his eyes are black. Once this changes, he'll still follow you, but he won't call the guards anymore. Be careful, though. He'll still try to perform, and he can turn good again, so you better stock up on that fudge, especially if you leave town.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 am

Sure... But the crying kids will then tell their parents, last time I did that it seemed to awaken some weird "vengeful God of parenthood" my character ended in a five hour time out full of nothing but algebra lessons, and could not do anything until they were all solved...

Ah well, guess I'll just load from before I saw him...

That said, I'm the tactical mode (newest mod before they nerfed it) I saw you could get the new 8.000.000 Cal "bird Cannon" sniper rifle. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere, is it still obtainable, and is it worth paying five cherry pies for it?
-Best regards LAYF

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Ah yup, the fool. IIRC, I think what I did was wait till the fool got drunk, killed him in the alleyway behind the tavern and took his coins. He had a lucky charm or something (I think its called Fool's Talisman) which I took, but THEN I pickpocketed the bard while he was singing and put the lucky charm in his inventory! Once the guards discover the body, they go around checking everyone's inventory for the Fool's possessions and PRESTO instant framed bard! He gets arrested haha. Just make sure you don't do what I did the first time and take the juggling balls and then try and frame the bard, because they'll just arrest you too under suspicion. I worked out you have to frame the bard and THEN go back for the juggling balls. Sometimes they are still on the body, but my mate said he had to go and pickpocket the guard who had discovered the body and picked them up. I guess don't leave it too long.

Oh, and make sure your Skullduggery is high enough, the bard has pretty good Perception.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Agynp III - Where did we go? (open game)

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:59 pm

That's smart. I never thought about that solution.

The bird cannon. I never played tactical mode, so I'm not sure. Doing some research online, it seems that it's only available for like 5 minutes on a tuesday evening. When exactly on tuesday evening, it doesn't say, so I guess you'll just have to keep looking at random times. Definitely worth 5 cherry pies, though. Heck, it might be worth 8!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett