Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:10 pm

It should be possible for me :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:38 am

JUST TO GET THE GAME BACK HERE
(So we can use Ooc for ooc) my bad, sorry
LAYF wrote:Okay, Corval and Bob moves up the stairs while Elara, Thedor and Imarial discusses future actions and plans.

I'd still like a respond from Thedor and Imarial, along with it, all 3 in the deep cellar, please make a perception roll.

Reaching the First cellar level Bob and Corval has the options to explore this room(s) and its content, or move up to the first floor!
Either way, please describe what you examine, a bit on how you do it and give me a perception roll.

Bob and Corval: you are here:

Elara, Imarial and Thedor: you are here:
Theis2 wrote:Corval will move around on the floor, opening crates and barrels and move them around.

If I can use investigation instead, then it will be 20 :p
Corval perception: 1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
LAYF wrote:
Theis2 wrote: If I can use investigation instead, then it will be 20
If you know what you are looking fore and are trying to reach a logical conclusion as to where it is yes ;)
Theis2 wrote:Valuables and hidden in the cellar, most likely the various containers o:)
spiderwrangler wrote:"As much as I am loathe to admit it, I am at a bit of a loss. All of my research has been in the abstract... tales of gods walking the land long ago, ancient civilizations long since crumbled to dust. Do you realize how hard I have had to work to convince people that my research was worthwhile? That it was worth the effort and expense of me traveling to conduct it? And now to find out that it may be connected to cults and bandits, and that the artifacts still exist within the world?!

I did not get a chance to study the other items they had, but this pyramid I am certain is one of the artifacts of Mystryl. Thedor... does the... does the 'key of hiding' sound familiar to you?"

The last bit is spoken quite reluctantly, as it asking for the other fellow's input is... uncomfortable.

((I'm assuming since you were calling for it that I wouldn't know to cast Guidance on myself... Perception: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20 ... eh, that should be just fine without...))
Quarg wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:"As much as I am loathe to admit it, I am at a bit of a loss. All of my research has been in the abstract... tales of gods walking the land long ago, ancient civilizations long since crumbled to dust. Do you realize how hard I have had to work to convince people that my research was worthwhile? That it was worth the effort and expense of me traveling to conduct it? And now to find out that it may be connected to cults and bandits, and that the artifacts still exist within the world?!

I did not get a chance to study the other items they had, but this pyramid I am certain is one of the artifacts of Mystryl. Thedor... does the... does the 'key of hiding' sound familiar to you?"

The last bit is spoken quite reluctantly, as it asking for the other fellow's input is... uncomfortable.

((I'm assuming since you were calling for it that I wouldn't know to cast Guidance on myself... Perception: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20 ... eh, that should be just fine without...))
Thedor looks at it for a moment and then begins to hum for a moment, "Hold on...there is an old ballad about Mystral....what are the words again?" He starts to hum softly to himself scouring his memory.

_: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18 (Yeah, I though in character the best way for him to remember would be via some song from an old elvish ballad...)
thinkslogically wrote:Elara waits and listens, hoping the two men will explain.
LAYF wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:((Can I assist in Thedor's check to give him advantage? Partly remembering some of his lyrics or something?))
Hmm... Yeah why not, there could be a chance that you've heard it to...
Quart, please roll another d20, if that one is better than the first, use that.

Also, remember the perception roll :)
askstoomuch wrote:Open the containers and look where Corval doesnt look _: 1D20 = [12] = 12
LAYF wrote:

@Thedor, Elara and Imarial

The song, that Imarial tries to help with, is a rewritten version, Sadly neither he or Imarial remembers the original lyrics.
The new lyrics goes one and on, but the intresting part tels you this: (if you wish to write a song about it you are welcome ;) )

The key is not one of Mystral own items.
It was made by a pair of lovers as a gift to the god,
They had had many children, but none of them could use magic as the lovers could.
So they made the key to Mystral, in return they wanted their next child to be born with magic.
This was granted, but the child proved to be corrupted by the magic rather than blessed as they hoped.
So they had to turn to Mystral again, who used the key to lock the child up in a cage.
to make sure the child did not escape, a pair of magic cackles, strong enough to hold a god, were placed om the child.
The key was then hidden within other magic objects, the Pyramid being one of them.
It is said that the key can be retrieved only near a magic door, that it will disappear again when used, and will not show up in the same magic item for a week after it has been used.
thinkslogically wrote:((for clarity, is that any magic door, or a specific magic door?))
LAYF wrote:The song does not specify anything.. Imarial may know something different, but has not said. (Roll first on the page vs what spider said...)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:51 am

@Ask & Theis:

Corval and Bob starts to search the various crates.
In their search they disturb more than a few rats, four in fact. but at first, the rats just runs away, a bit agitated, but not out right hostile yet.
In their search they find the following:
2 crates of wine (low quality)
some crates of random items, such as table ware, mugs and kitchen supplies
a sack made of silk (corval notes that the opening of the bag has silver thread sewed into it)
multiple lengths or hempen rope
canvases, mostly unused
furniture

rats are marked red
-Best regards LAYF