The rolling mountains twenty treasures (ooc)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The rolling mountains twenty treasures (ooc)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:56 am

What I have written down is:

"Pyramid of Mystryl - bag of holding, sort of?"

I'd like to spend some more time checking this out, I can't remember if I cast Identify on it or not.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am

okay.

Pyramid of Mystryl.
I cant remember if you cast identify either, but at Int check/magic/arcana/Religion whatever is better can be used.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Thedor will point at the map near the blue circles. "You know this area Perm's Ridge in notorious for being a bandit hide out. Someone willing to go pay those bastards might as well have a damn secure base, and if they are looking for these objects then looking at the sites around there might be our best chance. Of course, I'd prefer to be a bit better equipped for such a mission..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:16 am

thinkslogically wrote:Well, I believe we were mid-argument but we know pretty much where we need to go next to find these cult objects. The question is, which ones should we prioritise? We've got the choice of like 25 or something, but the cultists only needed 4 to do their ritual before so we might be on the clock... If I'm right in remembering the ritual, those 4 objects vanished back to where they came from when elara interrupted it. If that means the map locations, it might be best to go back and find those since the cultists already know they can retrieve them (but may not know about the other locations). If they went somewhere else, I guess it doesn't matter really. We know there are bandits in the hills, and the map area spans a bunch of different realms.

At any rate, Elara will say all of this to the others and ask the others their opinions.

Shell try an Int check to see if she can work anything better out IC:

Int check: 1D20 + 2 = [11]+2 = 13
INT 10)
The map spends over both Hibruun (The kingdom you are in), Eastersun (The kingdom to the right on the map)
In addition to spanning over parts of both kingdoms, it also includes both parts of the northern forest that is not really part of either kingdoms, and a huge portion of the rolling mountains, that is not really owned by anyone.
INT 12)
The two kingdoms for various reasons do not claim the mountain range between them, the reasons include, but are not limited to: Bandits, no known interesting Resources, risk of provoking the other into war, rough and hard to navigate terrain.
PROFESSION KNOWLEDGE, INT 10)
There are a total of six known major fractions of bandits hiding in the various regions of the rolling mountains.
PROFESSION KNOWLEDGE, INT 12)
Perm's Ridge, the part of rolling mountains that are in the middle of this map (vertical part) is said to be home to a den, or heaven for these bandit fractions, in fact they should have made home for a special fraction, sort of their rulers in one of these dens. Their name eludes you at this INT check.
A new roll can be made if significant knowledge is gained..
INT DC 12)
The Pyramid, known as Pyramid of Mystryl, Mystras room and/or the magic cairn.
INT DC 14)
The Pyramid is an object, 40 times bigger on the inside than the outside, in addition to working like a back of holding, the inside is also devoid of time, anything within it cannot move, age or in any other way react to time/space unless effected by an outside force.
INT DC 16)
Magical items put into the pyramid will for an unknown reason disappear, this does not include any living magical beings, only objects. in addition, there should be a way to expand the opening, but you cannot figure it out at this INT roll.
PROFESSION KNOWLEDGE INT 10)
In some of the things you mentioned in your research, this pyramid is mentioned as the fourth item Mystryl lost, it is also said to be one of the few object able to summon "The key of hiding"
PROFESSION KNOWLEDGE INT 15)
"The key of hiding" is a magical object that will reveal the entrance to any magically concealed room, if said room is containing divine magic.
A new roll can be made if significant knowledge is gained.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 am

Elara nods at Thedor's words.

"Mmm... And it may be a headquarters of sorts for different factions. We should be cautious if we do decide to travel there. Perhaps we can find some way to exploit tensions between different factions..."

She half speaks to herself and half to the others while she conveys this information.

"Imarial, what do you think?"

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Bob not caring and already being hired by Theo, floors and explores the rest of the building
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 am

Corval, much like Bob was hired to be brute strength will help with searching the keep
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 am

Okay, Corval and Bob moves up the stairs while Elara, Thedor and Imarial discusses future actions and plans.

I'd still like a respond from Thedor and Imarial, along with it, all 3 in the deep cellar, please make a perception roll.

Reaching the First cellar level Bob and Corval has the options to explore this room(s) and its content, or move up to the first floor!
Either way, please describe what you examine, a bit on how you do it and give me a perception roll.

Bob and Corval: you are here:

Elara, Imarial and Thedor: you are here:
-Best regards LAYF

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:30 am

Corval will move around on the floor, opening crates and barrels and move them around.

If I can use investigation instead, then it will be 20 :p
Corval perception: 1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 am

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 am

Theis2 wrote: If I can use investigation instead, then it will be 20
If you know what you are looking fore and are trying to reach a logical conclusion as to where it is yes ;)
-Best regards LAYF

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 am

Valuables and hidden in the cellar, most likely the various containers o:)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 pm

"As much as I am loathe to admit it, I am at a bit of a loss. All of my research has been in the abstract... tales of gods walking the land long ago, ancient civilizations long since crumbled to dust. Do you realize how hard I have had to work to convince people that my research was worthwhile? That it was worth the effort and expense of me traveling to conduct it? And now to find out that it may be connected to cults and bandits, and that the artifacts still exist within the world?!

I did not get a chance to study the other items they had, but this pyramid I am certain is one of the artifacts of Mystryl. Thedor... does the... does the 'key of hiding' sound familiar to you?"

The last bit is spoken quite reluctantly, as it asking for the other fellow's input is... uncomfortable.

((I'm assuming since you were calling for it that I wouldn't know to cast Guidance on myself... Perception: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20 ... eh, that should be just fine without...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:23 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:"As much as I am loathe to admit it, I am at a bit of a loss. All of my research has been in the abstract... tales of gods walking the land long ago, ancient civilizations long since crumbled to dust. Do you realize how hard I have had to work to convince people that my research was worthwhile? That it was worth the effort and expense of me traveling to conduct it? And now to find out that it may be connected to cults and bandits, and that the artifacts still exist within the world?!

I did not get a chance to study the other items they had, but this pyramid I am certain is one of the artifacts of Mystryl. Thedor... does the... does the 'key of hiding' sound familiar to you?"

The last bit is spoken quite reluctantly, as it asking for the other fellow's input is... uncomfortable.

((I'm assuming since you were calling for it that I wouldn't know to cast Guidance on myself... Perception: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20 ... eh, that should be just fine without...))
Thedor looks at it for a moment and then begins to hum for a moment, "Hold on...there is an old ballad about Mystral....what are the words again?" He starts to hum softly to himself scouring his memory.

_: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18 (Yeah, I though in character the best way for him to remember would be via some song from an old elvish ballad...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Elara waits and listens, hoping the two men will explain.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm

((Can I assist in Thedor's check to give him advantage? Partly remembering some of his lyrics or something?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((Can I assist in Thedor's check to give him advantage? Partly remembering some of his lyrics or something?))
Hmm... Yeah why not, there could be a chance that you've heard it to...
Quart, please roll another d20, if that one is better than the first, use that.

Also, remember the perception roll :)
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Last edited by LAYF on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed url

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:46 am

Open the containers and look where Corval doesnt look
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 pm

okay, Bob, I'll also need a perception roll from you. after that ill give you and Corval a reply

@Thedor, Elara and Imarial

The song, that Imarial tries to help with, is a rewritten version, Sadly neither he or Imarial remembers the original lyrics.
The new lyrics goes one and on, but the intresting part tels you this: (if you wish to write a song about it you are welcome ;) )

The key is not one of Mystral own items.
It was made by a pair of lovers as a gift to the god,
They had had many children, but none of them could use magic as the lovers could.
So they made the key to Mystral, in return they wanted their next child to be born with magic.
This was granted, but the child proved to be corrupted by the magic rather than blessed as they hoped.
So they had to turn to Mystral again, who used the key to lock the child up in a cage.
to make sure the child did not escape, a pair of magic cackles, strong enough to hold a god, were placed om the child.
The key was then hidden within other magic objects, the Pyramid being one of them.
It is said that the key can be retrieved only near a magic door, that it will disappear again when used, and will not show up in the same magic item for a week after it has been used.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:53 pm

((for clarity, is that any magic door, or a specific magic door?))

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm

The song does not specify anything.. Imarial may know something different, but has not said. (Roll first on the page vs what spider said...)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 am

Okay, Thinks got a game tomorrow... But how does the 16th look for everyone?
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 am

Actually, I'm away that weekend. Should be around on he 23rd, but then I'm going to sea for 2 weeks (back on the 13th May). The 14th May might be possible, but it depends if kevs ok with it.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.