The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:09 am

Mehr listens to Thaqorel list the merchant families and their ships, filing away the information carefully, "My thanks, friend. Just knowing this much will prove a great benefit - Being clueless outsiders would be extremely detrimental in our appearance. Drop by our establishment once it is properly secured and supplied, and I'll do good business with you. Should we acquire any weapons or armour we don't intend to use I'll give you a good price. Perhaps magical equipment will resist melting, should you be forced to take a dip again."

Hmm, so that's half of what I want to know. Learning the actual relative influence of the houses, though... That would likely take more prying than we can manage in the time. So, I'm ready to move on.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:58 am

Healing from Kal would be appreciated but not necessary so it's up to you if you want to use your healing.

Dlover: other folk will have more understanding of the political balance in town than a bridge guard but it depends how far you want to go with the political intrigue :)

((All: I'm just following your lead as players so if you decide to drop everything and head somewhere else that's fine by me! Basically, I'll try and provide a range of things you can do; you are welcome to follow what seems most fun. Hell, if you decide to split up and do different things that's ok too (though it'll be slower!)))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 am

They would, but it would take time to find people with an accurate understanding of the current flow of things, as well as having to convince them to share that information, and doing so may also tell them that we've been investigating them.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:12 am

Gwen thanks the guy and tries to find Merh and the others to tell them of the honey robber, fully expecting Merh to shut the idea down:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:16 am

That is true :)

To the temple then? Or do you want to speak to the honey guy while you're here?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 am

Have Gwen let him know we'll investigate when we have time (If the mead doesn't make a fine gift to gain the favour of one of the families we can at least sell it), but otherwise it's time to move on to the temple.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 am

If honey guy is here I guess I can try getting more information out of him. "Has the thief or thieves left any tracks? It is possible that the culprit is not a human and just a hungry animal. Is there anything asides from the honey that is missing? And do you know why someone would try to steal your honey? I will see if we can at least investigate it."

Now to temple!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 am

"Nah miss, we don't know what's doing it. We've tried waiting up to catch it a few nights, but it always manages to avoid us. Just leaves a mess as far as I can see. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind taking a look that'd be much appreciated!"

-------------

The team head onwards to the Temple of Pelor. As they travel towards the city, those who were here yesterday notice a definite buzz in the air, and there is no shortage of riders, guardsmen and messengers rushing to and fro, presumably carrying news of the incident. It seems the Iskat is the talk of the town! More than a few people point and whisper to each other as you pass by.

((I'll take perception checks if you'd like to try and hear what they're saying))

After an hour or so walking, you eventually arrive at the Temple. The temple square is busier today than it was yesterday, as it seems many folk are keen to find out what's going on at the river.

Kal smiles at the guards as they arrive, and Thaquorel gives a stiff bow.

"Any chance you've got a place to rest?"
"Have you been swimming again Thaq?
Of course there's room for you, come in!"

Thaq nods to the group and leaves them to head inside.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 am

Apparently being crotch height makes it hard to eavesdrop...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 am

Korrik doesn't hear anything of particular interest that he doesn't already know, and blames it on the crowds for being too damn tall.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 am

Yeah, they're all talking over my head.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 am

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Gwen catches a couple of tidbits:

"Did you hear? Them there! No don't look! Gods you're useless at this! They say one of them conjured a wall of pure ice!"
"Nothing but blackmailers I bet! My cousin said he saw them shove a boy into the river...!"

"...dead! I know! If they attack the River Ships now, what will happen to the rest of us?"
"It's about time! Those rich bastards have held a monopoly on trade upriver for too long! It's time for change!"

"...must have come from the Archipelago! No decent folk have magic like that in these parts!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Gwen tries relly hard to ignore them, but she can't help it. She tries to blend in the crowd as She conjures a minor illusion near the guy talking about his cousin with a voice of an older lady. "Don't be daft child! They were on the boat! There is no way they can reach tha' far!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

The guy jumps near enough out of his skin and spins around to look for the source of the voice, speaking loudly to no-one on particular while he tries to spot whoever spoke.

"They could if it was magic!" he retorts.

((Let me know how Gwen is reacting please))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Gwen is playing ignorant of the situation. She mentally broadcasts to Merv <Hun, I think we should go inside soon, I don't like how the crowd looks st us. Many have anger in thier eyes.>

She tries to project her voice (performace) near the guy, disgusing it. "You know nothing of magic."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Updated below.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm

(The last bit was not an ilusion, she was doing ventriloquism she knew not to push luck with magic....I guess I should have been more clear)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:12 pm

(ah ok. Fair enough, give me a roll! Ventriloquism will always sound like its coming from your direction though. The minor illusion is your best bet for separating you from a voice)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Since I am pretending to be someone else I get to roll adv due to actor....(right?)

Preform: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [7, 17]+6 = 23

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Sure :)

A different, old-lady voice admonishes the pair from somewhere further up the street. They look confused and slightly concerned before dispersing.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Kal will (retroactively) give Thaqorel 2 HP to ease his journey. (I don't want to use my entire vast pool of 4 hp, but I do want to get him moving more comfortably.)

Kal keeps an ear to the crowd, but is more focused on the injured guard.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

"They'll take good care of him. So what now? Go back to fix up the shop? Or do the rest of you have anything else in mind?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:59 pm

(Pool of 4? Do you mean 5, or did you use up one point somewhere?)

"Now we listen, learn what we can, and be ready for the council. There wouldn't be time to head back to the shop and get anything done." Saying so, he drops a fist on Gwen's head, "And we stop scaring people. It works far better if you talk to them rather than make them think you've summoned ghosts... Well, it works better if I talk. I'm not sure whether you should be allowed to talk."

Perception: 19
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Thaqorel retroactively thanks Kal and walks a little easier.

"You Temple folk are a handy bunch to have around you know that?"

--------------

Kal and Mehr also listen to the gossip as they walk.

Korrik passes by a couple of gnomes and hears:
"So I says to her, I says, Mable! 3 coppers for a few metres of cotton is no bargain at all! Now silk! It's more pricey for certain but it will keep you cool in the heat and just looks so much..."

Kal overhears:
"...blood everywhere and the family is MISSING!"
"You don't say?! Who do they think did it?"
"Well! I don't know the official thinking of course, but I'll bet money on it being dragons! You know what they say about those woods!"
"Pffft!! Don't be stupid! When was the last time you heard of such a thing?!"

Mehriv spots a halfling / human pair walking by wearing travelling gear and hears:
"This'll put the wind up the old families and no mistake... We've got an opportunity here to make the most of it while they're looking for whatever did this."
"Agreed. Who do we know who's near Morley waters?"

-----------

Korrik gets a rumour cos they're fun :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Gwen gives him a slight hiss. "Ow! It wasn't a ghost! But fine if it makes you, feel better, hun, I won't make spooooooky ghost sounds. Until I feel like doing them again. That guy said we pushed a person in the river, you really think they would have believed me if I told them otherwise? Also I found something for us to do to get money, your welcome, hun."
► Show Spoiler