The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:26 pm

"They know it was one of us, though. If you want to use it against enemies now that it's know it would have to be done when they aren't aware of any of us, else they would assume it's an illusion by whoever is present. If they know it's one person in particular they'll only recognise it if they see you."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 am

Kal keeps an eye on the rescue, but he expects the guard can handle it and doesn't see a good way to help.

"You see what happened? You want to get burned? You want to lose everything you're carrying and have to pay for that guard's equipment, too? Back off. Move along. The ship is secure. There's nothing left to see. I can hear the owners riding this way from downstream, and they're coming pretty fast. You're going to want to get out of their way. They're going to want to get to the ship, they're not going to be happy seeing people trying to get to it, and as fast as they're coming someone might get bumped into the river. Please, everyone, step back. There's nothing to gain, and much to lose."
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 am

While he finds the crate really fascinating, Darr├╝k reminds himself that this is not a dungeon crawl, and things are not just up for grasps.

instead, he thinks to himself that the ship is now more or less explored, so he heads up on top deck and starts talking to the dragon born in a low voice:
"Oi Mehriv!, Me an Syli have looked trough tha lower deck and cargo hold... There don't seem to be any danger, but... well, there is two things that A think you might want to cast a look on down there...
There are... how do A put it... there are some figurines, wooden, and covered in symbols, A'm near sure they are Arcane. That tha one thing, tha other thing is in a big crate in tha cargo stern of tha cargo hold. A've not looked into it, but it does radiate both light an arcane energy, not much... but its there.... If ya want to take a look A'll stay up here, keeping people away... "

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:59 am

Mehriv looks to Darruk with some concern, "Does Syli not have any ideas? A sorcerer I may be, but she should be more versed in matters of the arcane than I. Well, I will have a look regardless." (Since Syli only has +1 better than me on Arcana anyway, I might as well.)

Descending into the cargo bay, Mehr asks for Syli to direct him to the curious artifacts, and examines first the figurines, then the crate.

Arcana: 8, 9
I doubt I'm finding anything with those rolls. -.-
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:12 am

((are you going to open the crate or just try and sense stuff from the outside?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 am

Just sense stuff. Don't open strange magic things unless you want to unleash abyssal horrors.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:37 am

I'm shouting across to the people on the riverbank. Would my companions below deck have heard?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:51 am

I'll take perception checks for Darruk and Syli to find out. They'll hear you shouting for sure, the check is just to determine if they hear what you're saying.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:09 am

Darr├╝k is to much in a hurry up the stairs and ladders to hear what Kal yell.
Perception : 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10
-Best regards LAYF

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:17 am

"Hey boss," Syli says as Mehriv comes down to the hold. "Got a crowbar? I'm thinking of popping this thing open and seeing what's inside."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:48 pm

"No, Syli, I don't have a crowbar. I also think it rather unwise to open something containing unknown magical items without a great deal of care."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Kal shouts to the crowd, who finally seem to have got the message and move back from the water's edge. Thaquorel is about 30 feet away from the boat. As Korrik watches, he makes it out of the river, dragging a screaming man behind him. With practiced efficiency, he hauls the man to a water trough by the edge of the bridge and dunks him bodily into it, before jamming a small bottle of something in his mouth before slumping to his knees and making a clumsy attempt to strip off his own smouldering uniform. A couple of townsfolk rush to help, offering their own travelling cloaks or shirts to clean the river water off, but he's clearly hurt and no-one seems to want to get too close.

Darruk takes a longing look at the crate before deciding to leave it be and head back upstairs to report to his employer who takes his turn heading downstairs. He examines the statues, but can't tell much about them beyond the fact that they are are infused with some kind of magic. Syli is down below, waiting by the glowing crate and hoping that Mehriv might have a crowbar. He does not. Unfortunately, Mehriv is once again unable to determine much beyond the fact that the crate contains something magical.

Up on deck, everyone is now able to hear the sounds of approaching hooves. You probably have a few seconds left before they arrive. The men in the boats curse and let the current carry them back downstream and away from the ship.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Shrugging at his lack of recognition, Mehr heads back above deck.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 pm

To Merv: <I thought you said we weren't to fight off some bandits.> She gives off a smug emotion.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:30 pm

I thump the deck with my staff again to alert those below.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Kal waits. Nothing he can do. He continues scanning around to keep an eye on the crowd and see what he can make of the approaching party.
► Show Spoiler
This, he can do. Just like in the forest. Listen for the approaching sounds. Decipher them. Watch as they come into view. Look for any small signs. All while remaining mindful of the myriad things happening closer by. What is charging at you, and what must you be wary of in your immediate surroundings? Yes, at last, a taste of home...

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:26 am

"Thaqorel! You alright?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 am

The ship's moored to the bridge pylon, not the bridge, right? Can Mehr use Mage Hand to try turning the thing to close the bridge?
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 am

*not sure when I'll have time to reply.
Hopefully later tonight.. If anything happens, have daruk follow Mehr's instructions, or generally be well behaved...
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:36 am

Dlover wrote:The ship's moored to the bridge pylon, not the bridge, right? Can Mehr use Mage Hand to try turning the thing to close the bridge?
The ship is moored to the swing bridge itself. You could try closing the bridge anyway, but it'd be heavy and unbalanced and you think it might damage the mechanism. Or it might be totally fine. I'm not sure how much mehr knows about bridge mechanics (I know nothing!) :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 am

Mehr's not particularly well versed in engineering, but he's wise enough to not do the thing.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 am

Ok :)

Thaquorel doesn't respond to Korrik's shout, but he appears to he moving slowly and breathing hard. Korrik gets the definite impression that he's not ok. The man in he trough is hanging over the side of it trying to climb out.

Kal can hear at least half a dozen riders approaching on the north bank (the side where the Merchant quarter is; not the side where Thaquorel is).

Korrik thumps a warning to the others below decks to alert them to the approaching riders... Mehr acknowledges the warning and heads back up.

((When I know where Syli is going to be, the riders will probably arrive))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 am

"Darr├╝k, Thaq's not looking too good, anything you can do for him from here?", I call out when I see my dwarven friend appear, pointing to the injured dragonborn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:51 am

Gaen panics a bit and then decides on what to do. "Get Sylv to cast goodberries and mage hand one of them to Theo."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:58 am

Thaquorel is on the river bank. I could lay hands on him if I could get there. But how difficult would it be? Is it close enough to jump from the ship across?

► Show Spoiler