Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:42 pm

"I expect nobody to leave the bridge unnecessarily. So long as this position and surrounding civilians are secure we stand our ground."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:52 pm

"Well... our options are jumping off the bridge at the moment, so I'd be inclined to agree."

((In case anyone present missed Thinks description of the bridge before, this is what we are dealing with.))

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 am

Well, I was thinking more "Don't you dare go jumping onto the ship without knowing what's going on."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:40 am

((oh yeah - how are you guys dressed & equipped?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:53 am

Gwen has a yellow-green-blue dress that covers her armour. A green crystal necklace on her (her focus). She has a bag on one side of her body with her pouch behind it. She has her weapons on her other side. She has brown leggings and flat black shoes
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:21 am

Well Mehr's not going to leave any of his possessions in the tavern or unguarded in the rundown store, so he's got everything on him. (That will actually change if we have a secure place to store things, in which case he'd have only his clothing, wand, signet ring, and purse). If it matters, his clothing is fine, but not ostentatious, consisting of yellows and dashes of browns for a pair of trousers, a sturdy undershirt, and a silk doublet, all coloured to balance with the brass of his scales. Well made, suitable for a lower noble or upper merchant (Though in this city I guess upper merchants are basically mid to upper nobles), but meant to be worn outside of formal events.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:38 am

I probably would have left a lot of my stuff at the store, if it is possible to have done that retroactively, tucked up into the attic.

Left Behind:
Crowbar
Dark hooded clothes
Backpack
bedroll
messkit
tinderbox
torches (10)
rations (10 day)
waterskin
rope (hemp)

With Me:
belt pouch (2gp)
dagger
darts (10)
quarterstaff
lockpicks

Korrik pretty much is rocking this look.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:02 am

Darr├╝k, as always has his weapons on him, (Warhammer and crossbow)
While he does indeed ware his armor (Scale mail) He has opted to have his clothes over (A robe like this but without the hood and in a dull blue)
► Show Spoiler
with his holy symbol painted on his shield, that he wears on his back, and another holy symbol around his neck.
Leather boots, lite wool pants, no hood and braided beard.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 am

((Ok cool, thanks! I'll wait to hear back re. Syli, but that's helpful))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24 am

Syli has her entire inventory on her... which is to say, not much. While I did actually work out her appearance and such, I don't think I ever actually posted it, so...
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 am

((ok, thats fair enough. Korrik can absolutely leave his things in the shop; everyone else looks like they're off on a camping trip. I'll assume Kal has brought most of his gear with him too.

Syli's spells are fine for the day; does anyone else need / want to change their prepared spell list for the day? I think only Kal and Darruk have that option)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Dlover wrote:Well, I was thinking more "Don't you dare go jumping onto the ship without knowing what's going on."
If it weren't floating down Acid River, maybe... How far down to would the fall be?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:13 pm

thinkslogically wrote:; does anyone else need / want to change their prepared spell list for the day? I think only Kal and Darruk have that option)).
I'm good
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:If it weren't floating down Acid River, maybe... How far down to would the fall be?
There are people who were planning on getting involved in a 'gang war' (As Gwen called it), going against both sides. You think the people considering that would consider the height before jumping to the ship? >.>
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm

You watch the boat approach. It is a wide, shallow-bottomed wood vessel with a high prow carved in the shape of some kind of beast. You can see a broken oar hanging limply from one side, but otherwise the hull seems to be unscathed. A wide wooden shelter covers the deck, obscuring your view of the deck. As the boat drifts closer, you can make out a figure leaning against the rudder.

The crowd is getting agitated. People are shouting and running back to the city and dragging children away or trying to get closer.

Mehriv shouts to the guard to keep the crowd under control and keep them back, but there's only one of him and although he's trying his best, there are a lot of people all trying to see what's happened or find a way onto the boat.

Kal spots two young men trying to climb out along a tree branch that they don't seem to realise is dead and cracking...

Korrik squints but doesn't see anything else on the boat.

Thaquorel looks uncertain, his hands still clutching the bridge mechanism.

The boat is drifting more or less straight to you. The bridge is only about 5 feet above the water line, so the jump would be more or less straight across if you wanted to leap into the deck near the wheel / rudder. If you wanted to jump onto the deck cover, you'd have to jump up about another 5 feet and climb You estimate you have about 10 seconds to choose a course of action before it reaches you.
Last edited by WearsHats on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed glow tag

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm

How far away are the kids on the branch? Can he reach them? Call out to them? Call out to people near them?

Also, what would likely happen if the ship crashes into the bridge?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:26 pm

The kids are out of arm's reach, probably 20-30 feet away on the left as you look upriver. They'd probably hear you if you yelled.

As for what would happen if it hit the bridge, I'll take an int check please.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Time to scare some kids away!

Gwen conjures a minor illusion of a nasty looking very large spider thing with pus and ooze at it's skin, it's back houses many tentacles and it's face is a mixture between a human screaming and something from alien. Gwen conjures it close to where he boat is heading and says this in a deep voice near where her illusion is.

"I am Klocktrg the feared, run bow and I might not rip your face off while you are helpless at doing nothing! Flanger! Asunum anizik roonikalpik! Em raef! Run! Mukajina!"

Roll for me? Not sure what is appropriate.

Nevermind, doing the same thing as Meriv, cause dlover is a killjoy.

"Sorry I paniced" Gwen whispers Edit: and totally runs from the boat. Then getting out of the way
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edits

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Don't! Don't goddamn do that! You will literally THROW THEM INTO THE RIVER if you do that! Did you not learn from those roof kids that suddenly doing weird things makes people fall?
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Kal turns to the kids and shouts. "Hey, you kids in the tree! Be careful! That old dead branch won't hold your weight!"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Dlover wrote:Don't! Don't goddamn do that! You will literally THROW THEM INTO THE RIVER if you do that! Did you not learn from those roof kids that suddenly doing weird things makes people fall?
Wait wut?? I thought we were trying to get people out of the pathvof the boat or did I read it wrong?

Edit: ooh you mean kal's thing? Not sure gwen can even see them.

Edit edit: there I edited it. :meh:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:16 pm

... Wait, you were planning to chase off people on the docks? I thought you were wanting to get the people on the tree to back off. If it's the docks I guess it's less awful, but creating panic in a city is never really a thing you should want to do.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Yea we are at the docks about to be smashed via boat. With many otherbpeople in the way. Gwen would rather have small panic over tragety but since you'd rather me not I guess I will be boring

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm

... Okay, are the docks not stone? Or sturdy wood? Is a boat carried by the current really going to do so much damage that it would smash a dock? If that were the case the dock would just fall apart from having a crowd stand on it.
My game:

My characters: