The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Mehriv ends the rats' reign of terror with three decisively-placed bolts of glowing energy.

Both rats die under his assault and the basement falls silent.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Gwen sets up her trap by the opening and throws some jerky in there before getting out of there.

"I would have prefered bandits."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:53 pm

"You were knocked out by two rats. Don't even start thinking you could take on bandits, girl."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Meanwhile, back in town...
Nioca wrote:"Anything to keep those polished chips of metal in their pockets, right? Eesh. Mehriv's gonna have a field day with this. But since we're on the topic of bad news anyway..." Syli flicks her eyes across the map again, "Any areas around here you'd recommend giving a pass on? Not as in areas that don't have anything in them, I mean more like 'don't go here or undead dire owlbears will eat your face' kinda thing."
"Well, I captain the Riverboat Gloriana so I can't say I've stayed at the camps recently. The Trading Posts are also a bit off my usual route upriver. The last I heard they were still safe enough places to rest though. Shit, we've even had tourists going upriver this past season if you can believe it. Some folk have more money than sense... Listen, if you're going upriver just make sure you're prepared. Mostly it's just wild animals and the like, but we've had rumours about occasional strays and scouts moving further west than usual. So take care if you do go, I expect to see you again so you can tell me all about your travels!", Raini replies with a mischievous smile.

----------------------------

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:00 am

((LAYF has just informed me that the rats should have knocked him out too... Check out the OOC for details, but I'm going to retcon the last 6 seconds to correct the error unless there are any major complaints. LAYF / Burns seem ok with the correction.))

Correcting for Darruk's unconsciousness leaves us in the current situation:

Last round:
Gwen is unconscious and dying, but succeeded on her death save (0 fails : 1 success).
Darruk is unconscious and dying.
Mehriv killed the rats.

This round:
Darruk has failed his death save (1 fail : 0 successes)
Gwen has crit failed her death save and will be Properly Dead if she fails another (2 fails : 1 success).

So... Mehriv is up. As a Wild-Magic Sorceror, he can use Tides of Chaos to get advantage on an attack / saving throw / ability check if he wants it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Okay. Okay, I can handle this. There's a Stabilise action, right? Uh... Wisdom (Medicine). Okay. Okay, that's a +1. That's fine. Stabilise Gwen first, since she's one off death.
Turn 1: 15

LAYF, don't you dare roll a critical failure on that save, you hear me? Don't you dare. Because you're next up after her.
Turn 2: 4
Tides of Chaos: Wait, shit, Tides is Advantage, not reroll. Uh... That was really dumb. But I would have used it on Gwen anyway. Hold in there, LAYF.

Turn 3: 13

Okay, Gwen's safe, and so long as LAYF makes one successful death save he's good too.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Ehm...
Ehmmm..

Well....

Second death save: 1D20 = [2] = 2
That.... That's way to close for comfort....
Let's... Let's try again shall we...

Third death save: 1D20 = [12] = 12

Okay. 2 vs 1

Guess that makes it Your or gwens turn...
No.. Wait... Am. I counting your actions right?
It's gwens I guess, 3Rd round where you failed right?
And then me again.... Damn....

That means I may as well roll the fourth.. Because if that fails it does not matter...

Fourth death save: 1D20 = [10] = 10

:shudder: :o_O:
Okay.. 2 vs 2 and your turns...

Ooc: hope it was not to much... But I guessing that those multiple 6 seconds goes faster this way :p
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:27 pm

OK, Gwen is stabilised by the tides of chaos roll (15 and 4)

Burns, please roll 1d4.

LAYF, you cut that bloody fine but you can roll me a 1d4 as well

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Nah, you should have only had to make two rolls?
You're at 1:0, I stabilise Gwen.
You make one roll, I fail the stabilise.
You make a second roll, I stabilise you.

Actually, if that 4 were counted as the advantage on Gwen's stabilising, then you'd only make one roll. I hadn't counted it that way.
Last edited by Dlover on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Okay.
Thinks roll: 1D4 = [2] = 2

May I ask for what? (a bit confused, should really sleep right now)
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Guessing it's the time to recover to 1hp, which takes 1d4 hours.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Exactly. Darruk will be back on his feet in a couple of hours, Gwen in 4.

Mehriv may act freely, we're off turns now they're both ok.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Mehr looks around the room in irritation before using Mage Hand to try to block the rat hole with a box as he drags his employees to the ladder, before realising he actually won't be able to carry the dwarf out of the basement. Cursing the fools, he hits a large box with Light to keep the room lit clearly and settles down to guard them.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Cool.

Nioca - will you be staying in town for longer or heading back? This seems like a natural point for regrouping at the shop, but I don't want to rush you if you've got more to say to Raining

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:03 pm

(I'm going to be heading back. I was just trying to think if there was anything else I wanted to ask her, but nothing comes to mind.)

(...also, Raining?)

Syli looks over the maps for a few more moments. "Ha, we'll see. Doesn't matter how well prepared I am if the others aren't..."

Once she's satisfied with the information she's gathered, Syli thanks Raina for her hospitality again and bids adieu, heading back to the shop.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:31 pm

((new phone, new autocorrect! You'll probably see a few of those for a few days...))

Of course! It was a pleasure to run into you, Syli. Don't be a stranger.

Raini casually leans on the doorframe a with an amused smile on her face as she watches Syli leave.

Syli takes her leave and heads back to the shop. It seems that she's missed a rain shower while she was chatting and the streets steam with evaporating rain. An uneventful ferry ride and short walk bring her back to the store, a few moments before Korrik and Kal return.

The store seems quiet.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 pm

"...Oh." She murmurs, pulling the sling from her belt as she steps into the empty store, the stillness of it setting her on edge. "No way my luck can be this bad today... where is everyone?" She debates with herself for a moment, weighing the pros and cons of calling out for her wayward employer. "Eh, probably is, but what the hell. MEHRIV, YOU HERE?!?" She calls out.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

"In the basement! Two fools have managed to get themselves injured."
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:08 pm

"Which ones? You're going to have to be more specific!" Feeling a bit more at ease, Syli stows her sling and heads downstairs. "So how exactly did they manage to injure them- whoa," the elf stops short, catching sight of Gwen and Darruk's mangled bodies. "Was there a badger or something down here?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

By the time Korrik and Kal arrive, Darruk will be stirring back into consciousness.

It is now early evening for all of you.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:19 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:... I'd like to keep an eye out for a tavern or shop that might be a good place to grab breakfast in the morning.))

Food places between bridge and shop: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
Did I notice anything on the way back?

"Hello? Where did you all get to? What do we want to do for dinner?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 pm

"Rats. Two of them. The fool girl was already out on the floor when I came to see what the noise was about, with Darruk flailing about madly. I dealt with the rats, and have managed to stabilise them, but am unable to carry Darruk out to the main floor and do not wish to leave either unattended."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Oh yeah...

Korrik keeps an eye out for nice places to eat along the waterfront that look like they sell decent food. Most of the places he passes seem to be either really expensive or catering to a clientele of rowdy sailors (i.e. mostly drink and heavy carbohydrates). The street food vendors actually smell the most appetising, and more of them seem to be setting up now the day is wearing on.

The pair return to the shop.

Darruk groans and begins to stir.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Mehr gently tries to wake Darruk, speaking only once the dwarf has fully regained consciousness, "I should hope this has convinced you and the girl that you aren't prepared to play at being heroes."
My game:

My characters: