The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Gwen if she has time 'summons' an ilusionary 5' cat like beast with tendrils and multiple eyes and mouths. A scorpion like tail and appears to be a horror. (i am making an illuson of 'kitty') right in front of the rats.
Init: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Darr├╝k, not sure if the illusion will work moves over to stand between the rats and Gwen, reading an attack for the first critter that dares to move to close!
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:05 am

((Sorry, should have said in the update, but I need initiative rolls for Gwen and Darruk and we'll go from there))

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 am

-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 pm

((Ok, well we all got 8s for initiative. That's a first... :lol:))

I rerolled for all of us to break the tie:
Rats: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
Gwen: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
Darruk: 1D20+0 = [6]+0 = 6

Gwen casts the illusion of a horror-kitty in front of the big rats. They sniff uncertainly at the strange shape, but don't seem to be even a little concerned by it as the move to surround Gwen and attack her! The rats dart around her ankles, making it difficult to avoid them both at the same time ((OOC: they have advantage)):

The first rat misses (ATT: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
), but the second rat takes advantage of Gwen's distraction and sinks its teeth deep into the flesh of her leg!

The rat crits for 6 damage.

Darruk strides forward to stand beside Gwen and is welcome to make an attack / damage roll with whichever weapon you prefer.. The rats are on either side of Gwen, so you can make a melee attack on the nearest, or a ranged attack on the one slightly further away.

----------------------------------------

Korrik and Kal make their way back to the shop, taking the long way around by the bridge.

When you get back to the bridge, you spot your friendly guard leaning casually on the rail. He grins as you approach.

"Back again, huh? Well you'll probably be amazed to hear that I've seen a grand total of 3 other people today. I hope your afternoon was better?"

Korrik enquires as to the price of the ferry for future information and discovers that it's 5SP for a return.

Unless there's anything else you want to do en route back to the shop, I'm going to resolve the combat at least before you'll make it back. You guys will be back at the shop in the early evening. Everyone else is roughly in the mid afternoon.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:15 pm

I never said kitty was glowing! I dont think minor illusion can produce light anyways.

EDIT: Does flanking make attacks with advantage? I thought we weren't useing that. Weren't you the one that argued against that in sundered way because it took away the rogues skill set?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm

((I've edited it so it's not glowing :) And you're right, we're not using flanking rules. However, this is not flanking.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 pm

I feign surprise. "Three?! Three whole people! Why Thaqorel, your voice must be tired from talking to all of those people today!"

((Exchange pleasantries, tell him I intend to be back in the morning, and then continue on towards the shop. I'd like to keep an eye out for a tavern or shop that might be a good place to grab breakfast in the morning.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Mehr's Employer Sense is tingling! That and he can hear Gwen cursing downstairs after being bitten.

Initiative: 7
So he'll join when he gets around to it.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Hmm, apparently The dice roller still don't like my fine, I don't get any links...

I rolled 11 for attack and for damage the same.
I'll link to it when I get home, else it's named darruk for user and warhammer attack and warhammer damage.
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am

To save some time for LAYF, Links: Attack, Damage, Hyap
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 am

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 am

Darruk swings at the closest rat, but it darts to one side at the last second and his hammer thunders into the floor instead.

Mehriv is suspicious that his employees are up to something in the basement and heads down to check on them. He reaches the ground floor this turn and can enter the basement and probably within range for a ranged attack next turn.

Gwen's turn

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 am

Ah crap I forgot I have hellish rebuke. Don't suppose i could have used it against the rat that critted me?

Anyways my turn Gwen tries to eldrich blast one.
eldrich blast: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D10 = [8] = 8

If Hellish Rebuke is allowed:
hellish rebuke: 2D10 = [4, 3] = 7 Dex dc: 14

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 am

[removed because I got it wrong]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:11 am

Huh? It's a spell I have. A lv 1 spell? Did...I pick it wrong?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:32 am

Ah sorry - I'm a little distracted today by some RL stuff that's going on. Google kept showing up tiefling results, not the spell and I forgot that's nothing to do with you! Apologies.

Yes, you can then cast Hellish Rebuke using a L1 spell slot if you like, but the rat dodges nimbly out of the way, avoiding the full burst of the damage:
DEX save: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

It squeaks angrily, looking decidedly more singed than before.

On her actual turn, Gwen sends a bolt of Eldritch energy flying towards the singed rat, but these things are apparently experts at avoiding trouble and it dodges easily out of the way.

----------------------------------------------------

Apparently angered by the strange magic, the rats continue to attack Gwen, seemingly working together to keep her distracted.

ATT (with advantage): 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11

ATT (with advantage): 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

This time both rats manage to hit, sinking their yellow teeth deep into Gwen's flesh and rendering her unconscious...

DAM: 1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6

...well that went worse than I expected...!

Darruk you're next, then Mehriv

Darruk is currently adjacent to one rat and to Gwen, and within ranged-reach of the other rat.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 am

Do'h Warhammer attack: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

Darruk keeps swinging at the small pests, but misses..
His current lack of success in fighting even vermin has him considering if Mehriv may have a point...
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 am

Darruk swings at the singed rat again and misses as it dodges out of the way of his warhammer. These are proving to be quite the challenge...

Mehriv, you move to the basement and can take an action. You can are in ranged reach of both rats, but because of all the clutter down here I'm going to give them half cover (+2 AC). You can see Darruk swinging at something, and spot Gwen's feet sticking out from behind a box

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:13 pm

"Anything to keep those polished chips of metal in their pockets, right?" Syli replies with a smile that comes across a bit strained. "Eesh. Mehriv's gonna have a field day with this. But since we're on the topic of bad news anyway..." Syli flicks her eyes across the map again, "Any areas around here you'd recommend giving a pass on? Not as in areas that don't have anything in them, I mean more like 'don't go here or undead dire owlbears will eat your face' kinda thing."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Ray of Frost at... Whichever one got hit before.

AC: 18-2=16, Damage: 3
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm

*If i do not respond, or if you just want to haste things up, Darr├╝k, feeling a bit behind will Cast Cure wounds on Gwen:
Cure wounds, 3 wis and 2 + for healing spells: 1D8+3+2 = [8]+3+2 = 13

Then if you still continue he will cast Sacred flame the following 5 rounds unless someone else goes down, attacking the nearest rat each time:
Sacred flame 5 rounds, DC 13 DEX each.: 5D8 = [2, 4, 7, 3, 1] = 17

(i did this simply because of my phones lack of interest in the dice roller, saves some time :)

Darr├╝k will come with multiple battle cries and words of support :P
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Mehriv wastes no time at all in casting Ray of Frost at the singed rat, who screeches loudly in pain as the cold shards jam into its body. It looks like it's hanging on to life purely out of spite.

Burns, I would need a Death Save for Gwen here, but LAYF has made it redundant by healing you.

The pair of rats scurry at Darruk and scurry around his boots trying to find a weak spot in his armour. They are irritatingly successful and Darruk bellows in pain and annoyance as they find a way through his armour, doing 11 HP of damage and knocking him unconscious.
Gritting his teeth, Darruk ignores the squirming animals and casts Cure Wounds on Gwen, restoring her to 13 HP (or her max HP limit, whichever is lower).

Mehriv is up next, then Gwen
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah, if they're dealing that much damage I'm just blasting them.

Magic Missile. One on the badly injured one, two on the other.

Damage: 2, 4, 3
So 2 to the weak one, 7 to the other.
My game:

My characters: