The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Syli also spots the alligator. "I mean, I only got a brief glimpse of it, but..."

She pauses, thinking for a few moments as she continues her slow approach to Varsk's position. "...no, I don't think it was. Alligators are low to the ground, I've been seeing them all night. This... I dunno, it seemed like it was taller than that. More standing amongst the trees than flat against the ground."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm

The pair make it safely to the tree Varsk is in. Illuminated by the torchlight, Varsk is able to get a clear view of the women and recognises them as his search-and-rescue team.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

((I think it was Mehr, Merric, Kal, Korrik.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm

"Alright, you go up the tree first. I'll follow." Syli stands ready for a surprise attack, bowstring taut as Gwen climbs the tree.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:35 pm

((Cool, I'll let dlover post how he wants to handle the watch-change))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Mehr shakes Merric awake, "Our host has arrived... Please don't disturb him as you do everyone else."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Merric wakes up and hears a quiet humming tune from a dark corner of the room. A male voice speaks in a low voice.

"Good evening. Your friend is too generous - I am hardly your host! I am simply another traveller seeking some rest from the swamp and it's inhabitants. I hope I have not disturbed your rest?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:03 pm

"Haha...Okay I will try but I do not expect results."

athletics: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm

It's an easy enough climb up the huge tree, and Gwen joins Varsk in the broad, lower branches.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 pm

Once Gwen's clear, Syli goes feline and darts up the tree in cat form.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

((oh- what did you guys do with the torch?))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm

((Er, Gwen was the last one with it. Syli needed both hands for her bow.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:26 pm

She'd probably put it out before she got up and put it in her bag.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Cool. Then it's dark again and the tree isn't on fire.

Syli cat-forms up to Varsk and Gwen. The shadows shift in the dim light, but there are no more monster eyes to be seen.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:56 pm

"Okay are we going to stay here for the night?" Gwen looks at the 'kitty'.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 pm

Syli-cat nods and starts licking her paw.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm

All right, if you're going to take a long rest in a tree, you're going to need to work out how to make sure you don't fall out while you're asleep. Or stay awake. Either or is fine :)

Assuming you decide to take watches, let me know the plan and who's going when.

No matter what you decide, I'll take night-watch perception rolls for each of you. I'm going to bed now though, so will catch up in the morning.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 pm

Gwen pulls out the statuete that Mehriv gave her. "Torei" Gwen gives a description of the area where the others are. The recepient is: "Brass dragonborn in noble clothes" Gwen uses her fingers to count out the message. "Found Varsk. In feylands. Will rest for the night here. Stay put, if not back in 12 hours, head southeast. See you soon."

per: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3 Gwen is so tired and exhausted she can barely keep her eyes open!

Vision/nightmare: 1D20 = [8] = 8
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 pm

Syli relents and lets her cat form drop after a few moments. As much as she felt like not letting her guard down, she also knew that not resting properly would cause more issues down the road; issues they didn't need.

Finding one of the larger branches on the tree, she sits down on top of it. Letting her legs dangle to either side, she tested the balance on it a bit, before leaning back against the trunk of the tree. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but that was the nice thing about being an elf. Sleep wasn't really a necessity. Her adrenaline was running a bit too high right now to rest, causing her to instead watch for immediate threats and dangers; once she was convinced that whatever had spooked her had decided to move on, she leans back, letting her eyes fall upon the moon barely visible through the higher branches. Staring up, she let her mind slowly drain of the worries and cares of the day, getting whisked away until all she was was the sounds of the world around her, the buzzing of insectile wings mixed with frogs and small animals chirping into the night.

As the moon started to fall to the horizon, a gentle nudge would rouse her back into a more aware state, once again taking a more intellectual stock of her surroundings. She still focused on the sounds and air of nature around her, her thoughts slowly churning back up the trials of the previous day. More than ever, she felt like she had been lacking... Sure, they had survived, but it felt like the tides had turned against her, that where she had once mocked that elderly gnome for acting as prey, that she herself had been no better. Worse, perhaps; at least the gnome's feline form had proper fangs.

...actually... aside from being bigger, how did that panther differ from her own feline form? Her mind played it back over in her head, trying to focus on the minutae and grace of the darting panther, comparing it to her own, far inferior feline form as she felt nature's power slowly trickle back into her mind and soul. Maybe... maybe she'd have a new trick up her sleeve by the time they made it back to the group.

Syli... [rolls]
--Long Rest w/ Trance: Remain semiconscious in a meditative state for 4 hours to gain benefits of 8 hours of sleep.
--Perception (+5) for Watch 1: 16
--Perception (+5) for Watch 3: 13
--Nature (+3) on pondering scaling a cat into a panther: 19

((And then something happens on watch 1 which completely interrupts this unexpected novel. :lol: ))

((Mind, she still needs a full 8-hour long rest, but she only needs to actually be asleep for 4 hours of it [if my interpretation's correct]. As for the Panther thing, I had mentioned trying to scale a cat up into a panther back during the lizard fight. Figured I could give it a shot here; worst that could happen is that Thinks says no. Well, no, actually worst thing that could happen is getting stuck as a half-cat quarter-panther third-elf abomination, but I suspect a simple veto would be more likely. :P ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:00 am

Varsk watches as the two women slop through the swamp towards him and climb up his tree (one turning into a cat) and having a conversation without saying a word to him. I wonders if he is so well hidden they don't see him but overhears Gwen's message to the bird. The fey? Shit.

"'Ello to you too. Guess I've got second watch. You up for fourth red?"

Since it seems like he might get some rest tonight after all he goes about getting some rope from his bag and tying it around the trunk of the tree and his chest so he won't fall off the branch and making sure the knot he tied is by his hand and ready to be pulled out quickly should the need arise. (What type of roll here?)

-Perception (+4) for Watch 2: 12
-A d20 for whatever type the rope tying is for use with the applicable modifier: 19 ((so minimum of 20+))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:21 am

Merric rubs his eyes awake, slightly confused at what Mehr is telling him.

"I do what?.."

Assuming Mehr ignores Merric's wondering, he will stretch and yawn as he gets up.

"Hello to you, no worries, I've slept like a baby.. Or actually.. I've not woken up crying for milk so I guess I haven't slept like a baby.."

Merric will move closer to the stranger, squinting to get a better look.

"You don't appear to have scales so I guess you are fine."

Merric will keep a poor watch

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 am

"Disturb. Unsettle. As in the thing your god does to mortal minds."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 am

"Hello, sorry about that, we did not want to alert the forest to our presense. I will watch the last shift."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 am

"Great."

Varsk will toss Gwen a bit of rope to tie herself to the tree with. He will not show how glad he is not be alone in the jungle and will fall asleep as quickly as possible.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 am

Gwen is glad to have the extra security and ties herself to the tree so she won't fall out.