The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:17 pm

*Nixed some previous stuff.

"Hey Darr├╝k, Kal... I'm thinking I do a bit of recon up Temple district way. Any of you care to join me? Figure it might be good to get a sense of the religious temperament of our new home."

If either the cleric or paladin... or anyone else is interested in tagging along, I'll wait for them before heading out, otherwise taking my weapons and coin with me and leaving the rest of my pack in the shop.

**If Darr and Kal are busy and not joining me, I promise to inquire into whether their respective deities have formal places of worship in the city.

***If my path takes me past him, is the unconscious guy still there?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Mehriv tracks down any of the party still around the building, announcing "We have some amount of wood yet to bring back. Cleaning and repairs can wait until we have collected all the purchased materials properly," before setting out to collect more himself.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:12 pm

((Kal is on autopilot until wears checks back in so feel free to vote for where he goes for now))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:51 pm

((I feel like Wears would probably rather Kal stick around and be helpful to the group than tag along on an information gathering session that he is not reliably here to benefit from. So even though I invited him, I vote he stay and help haul lumber and the like.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Gwen makes a triumphant sound when they pick up the items using minor illusion. (think legend of zelda).

She helps Merhiv gather the remaining of the purchased items. "If any of you strong men would like to help, that would be great!"

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 pm

(Kal did want to go check in at the temple of his deity. But he also wants to be helpful here. Either way is fine. I'm kind of broken right now.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:27 am

Darr├╝k looks at Kal, "Ay mate, You tag along. See if that tempel of yours is here in town. Besides, that lad need a someone looking after him from time to time. I'll be tha beast o' burden, dragging what needs be dragged back here ."
He says, and then starts helping Mehriv with lumber duty and whatever needs to be moved.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 am

Korrik and Kal walk to the end of the street with Mehriv, Gwen and Darruk.

The group of three heads back downhill towards the Market Square to collect the rest of their lumber. Before turning uphill towards the temple, Korrik notices that the unconscious man is still lying in the street, pretty much exactly where they saw him earlier. The street is still relatively quiet, though Korrik suspects that this part of town may well liven up later in the day.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 am

I head over and check on the unconscious guy.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:42 am

let's make that a medicine check please.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:56 am

(( Do you want to add the +2 from my Medicine skill to that roll, or prefer that I roll fresh?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 pm

((no i just wanted the modifier and was being lazy :) ))

Korrik decides to check on the unconscious man and is somewhat surprised and alarmed to discover that the face-down drunk is not just not moving, but also not breathing. He in fact appears to be utterly deceased.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:23 pm

I back up and look around to see if anyone is watching or paying particular attention to Kal, me, or our dead friend.

((What does he look like?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:35 pm

The street is not particularly busy, although there are people occasionally popping in and out of shops, and the cleaning business dumping dirty water out into the street. Looking around, Korrik doesn't see anyone paying much attention.

The human man is lying on his front, with his face buried in his outstretched left arm. He is wearing common cloth clothes (white shirt, scruffy dark waistcoat, dark trousers) and a pair of scuffed leather boots and is clutching an empty bottle in his hand. His dark brown hair is plastered to his skull either from rain or laundry water. Despite that, the smell of alcohol is strong on him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

((Any coin purse visible?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 pm

not on his back, no.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I'll roll him over and see if we can get him to a seated position against a wall or something.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Whenever we are done with the lumber hauling Darr├╝k will look to the fireplace, see if it's safe to use, and if not, try to fix it up. (insert relevant roll?)
If it's nice and good, he will continue to work on the machete, hoping to one day have a fully functional one.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:54 pm

((you'll be a while fetching the lumber, since korrik is doing detail stuff. but theres no fireplace in your building - the weather is too hot to need heating and you can cook outdoors.))

Korrik rolls the man over onto his back and recoils in disgust as a rat runs out from underneath his body. The sudden stench of rotting, hot meat and guts and whisky makes him gag, but he manages to drag the corpse a bit more upright. The man's face is bruised and bloodied and you can see broken teeth in his bloody mouth. You don't see a belt pouch or anything on him, but you do spot the top of what looks like a tattoo near the neckline of his shirt. Kal looks a little pale.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Just a-hauling lumber.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I pull the shirt down enough to get a look at the tattoo, then let him slump to the ground, wiping my fingers on the cleanest part of his clothes.

Standing up, I turn to Kal and mutter in a soft voice. "We'd best move along, there's nothing more we can do for him. The watch should take care of him eventually." And head off, trying not to attract attention.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Korrik pulls down the shirt to get a better look at the tattoo on the corpse.

It appears to be a a pair of intertwined serpents that snake their way down the left side of his torso. It looks a bit like this:
► Show Spoiler
As you go to move away, both of you catch a glimpse of something shiny in the closed fist (the one without the bottle in it).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 pm

((Sleight of Hand to relieve him of it as inconspicuously as I can?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Go for it. I doubt he'll notice at least :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Not my best work... not used to having to fight rigor mortis...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler