The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:18 pm

"Surely the price could be reduced for such a large-scale purchase, in the name of friendship? Perhaps twenty gold would be acceptable?"

Persuasion: 23

Time for haggling. Dropping to twenty is a bit excessive, but that's to be expected with bartering. I'm hoping to cut the price by three or four gold, though, less than a fifth of the overall price.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:53 pm

"Pffft! For goods of this quality? I don't think so! But you're new in town and I like you, so I'd be willing to go to 26GP."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 pm

"Come now, I'm certain that we shall be doing business in the future. In the interest of a prosperous future, Could you not manage 22GP?"
Persuasion: 18
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Gwen will aid another Meriv (roll anoter check dlover)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Not certain how aid works, so I'll take your word for it. 10. So it's still the 18.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:20 pm

((Aiding a teammate gives you advantage on your check, so yeah, Burns' advice is good!))

"Sir, if I didn't know better I would say you were trying to offend me! 25 GP for the lot is the very best I can do unless you're willing to put something back."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

"Hm... Add in a simple hammer to go with the nails and I can accept the 25GP. On top of that, you'll be doing a service to a highly influential clan among the dragonborn. The Turajin always remember who their friends are."

My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Gwen helps again.

"Hmmm....Well, you'd need help, right? Perhaps one of us can help you for a bit?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Dunno if it counts as giving advantage when she's making her own point, but I'll roll just in case.

My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 am

"Hmmm....Well, you'd need help, right? Perhaps one of us can help you for a bit?"

((Are you asking for a job? Make a persuasion check for Gwen please))

"Hm... Add in a simple hammer to go with the nails and I can accept the 25GP. On top of that, you'll be doing a service to a highly influential clan among the dragonborn. The Turajin always remember who their friends are."
"All right! You have yourself a deal sir! Let me package these up for you. The lumber is in the yard round the back - I expect you'll be bringing a cart to pick that up?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 am

"I suppose it may make me something of a miser, but I'm loathe to pay the cost of hiring a cart. We'll take what we can now and bring some of my employees to help carry the lumber." Mehr hands over 20GP, "Girl, you cover the other five."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:16 am

Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18 Gwen hands over 5 gp to the man, grumbling under her breath

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 am

Felix scoops up the gold and raises an eyebrow at Gwen's grumbling.

"Hah! Looking for a new job already are you? Well, I don't need anyone to work in the shop, but I occassionally have odd-jobs that needs doing, like re-hanging my noticeboard! If you're serious about looking for work, I know Thwip is wanting a new runner. He runs a messaging service at the Long Bend ferry and is always looking for fast folk who don't get lost easy."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 am

Syli heads out of the shop and back towards the town square in search of a mapmakers. While she passes a number of small shops on the way (and the unconscious man, who still hasn't moved), the only thing that even comes close is a small store displaying a variety of cheap novellas in the window for sale. She wonders if she might have more luck at the docks.

The rest of the group continue cooking and working in the shop's garden. By the time Gwen and Mehriv get back from their shopping trip there will be a usable latrine, cooking pit and a cooked pigeon waiting for them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 am

"Sure! I'll need to make money someho. Though I think Thwip will have to wait until I know the city better."

Gwen helps out the halfling hoping to make some money.

Yea I will edit it latter:p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:59 pm

"I see no reason not to provide assistance in hanging the board." As he said, Mehr will help with setting up the noticeboard.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:22 pm

You grab your new hammer and nails and have the noticeboard rehung outside the shop in a matter of moments.

Ah that's a wonderful job! Thank you both kindly! Let me know if there's ever anything special you're looking for and I'll see if I can't help you out. Us traders have to stick together after all!

A young couple appear at the shop while you gather your belongings and Felix welcomes them inside with a flourish. As he disappears inside, you hear him start his spiel again:

Welcome! Come in, come in! Have some tea, I've just got a new shipment in...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Whenever the bird is done cooking, I'll pull a leg off for myself, let the others know it's done and they can help themselves (making sure to put it somewhere the cats can't get at it and headinto the surrounding shops in search of:

"a small file, a set of lock picks, a small mirror mounted on a metal handle, a set of narrow-bladed scissors, and a pair of pliers."

... and perhaps a leather case to secure them in. Musing to myself, I figure that depending on where we end up exploring, having the tools necessary to detect and disable traps will be important. The connection that Syli mentioned would have easy access to lockpicks, but they might be a bit harder to come by on the open market. Giving up my kit had been one of the conditions while at the monastery, but they weren't returned to me when I left.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Mehr carries what he can heading back to the store and announces that everyone's going to have to work to do to get the floorboards there.

Montage time?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:51 pm

MONTAGE TIME OF WORK! :p Man, I was real work was a monatoge instead having to do it.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Syli meanders down toward the docks, deliberately straying from the route she took to the market square so as to improve her knowledge of the town's layout.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:11 pm

After the small meal Darr├╝k goes to the loo. When he cones out again, he asks; "okay, so anyone up for cleaning out our basement? I think it would be a good thing to get that cleaned up..."
If anyone else agrees, he will go down and start the wack a rat game...

(thinks, the machete, can I add that to my inventory after fixing it? How did that go?
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Once customers sit down Gwen comes over to them. "Hello, forgive me for asking I just arrived have you heard anything exciting or iiiiinteresting?" she asks almost purrng the last word.
Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13

Don't mind me i just kinda accidently posted this in the other game

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:50 pm

LAYF wrote:Darr├╝k starts on fixing the machete with his smiting tools.

Profency roll: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
+ either dex or str ( 0dex/3str)? Or another? Not sure when fixing tools...

After that (if more time passes or if I'm to slow posting) Darr├╝k will use his own shovel, miners pick and his new machete to fix the latrine....
For a quick-and-dirty repair, you've done a reasonable job. To get it back to weapon quality, you'd need to spend a full day smithing it though. The blade is sharp enough to be functional and the handle won't fall off. For now, it's basically usable as a low-quality tool or makeshift 1d4 weapon.

---------------------

Apologies for the delay in posting again - I thought I'd have time through the week to get you updates, but I've literally not stopped. Will get you something now though and get us moving again :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Syli heads to the docks, ducking down a couple of likely-looking sidestreets to bypass the worst of the crowds. On the way a ragged young man, who is begging for money by singing to passers by, but otherwise doesn't see much of note. The streets lead her out a little to the east of where they originally turned towards the town square. The crowds have dispersed a bit since the morning rush of arrivals, but there are still plenty of people milling around. From here she can hear rowdy sailors yelling and laughing from inside the inns that line the waterfront, and spots the ferry making its way across the river about half a mile to the east. As luck would have it, she spots a sign marked with a compass, which on further inspection turns out to be a chandlers.

Syli: Perception: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Korrik enjoys his light lunch and heads out of the store... [will edit your actions in when I get the updated ones]

Mehr and Gwen gather up their packages as best they can (with Gwen carrying the bulk of it) and drag as much of the lumber with them as they can. Gwen sidles up to the new customers and asks them if they've heard of anything unusual or interesting happening lately. They glance at each other uncomfortably, apparently unsure whether coming to this shop was a good idea or not...

"Umm... Well, not really. I mean, we're heading upriver tonight to stay at the Whitford outpost. We heard it's a good place to see the wilds without being in too much danger."

They excuse themselves and hurry over to get their tea. They'll have to go back for the rest of it (about 2/3rds of what was bought) later in the day. Eventually, sweating and hot, the pair drag themselves back to the store, only causing a minor amount of chaos with the long timber boards.

Darruk christens the outhouse, then he and Kal set to work tidying up a bit of the garden area until Gwen and Mehriv barge their way back in with their shopping.

-------------------------------------------------