The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:22 pm

"Would you like to get the other one?", I grin at Syli.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:43 pm

"I shall return to the tavern and inform the keeper that we will require the rooms. You may do as you see fit." Mehriv climbs up and heads for the tavern.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Gwen looks distraught and tries to get away from the allyway. She shouldn't have intervened, they would have been okay. She slinks to the shop to get supplies.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Syli unfurls her sling, plucking a bullet out of a satchel by her side and dropping it in. She has a little difficulty getting a proper swing going in the cramped quarters, though, causing her to release at an awkward moment.

Sling: 9 to-hit, 4 damage
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:47 pm

WearsHats wrote:"Looks like there are a couple of crates down here among the debris. But we can investigate them when we have more light. Darkvision isn't as useful for that sort of thing."

(I advise retreat regrouping to return with better equipment. But am willing to remain if the others want to for some reason.)
Darr├╝k agrees, he will stay as the last man, hitting anything that attacks while the others crawl up again....
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm

The basement team gather their things and return to the dusty ground floor.

Mehriv leaves the shop and heads towards the tavern

In the attic, Syli pulls out her slingshot and launches a bullet at the pigeon, but its erratic flapping around makes it a difficult target and her shot goes wide. It finally finds the broken window and escapes into the street in a bluster of feathers.

Mehriv catches up to Gwen as she hurries away from the scene she's caused, and they return to the main square. It's much quieter now than it was this morning, and many of the stalls seem to have closed. A tall, robed half-elf is standing silently on the podium, with his hands and eyes turned to the sky. A few groups of people are sitting in the shade, or by the well and seem to be taking break from the day. Raucous shouting and laughter spills from the Dancing Minstrel Inn.

Gwen heads to the General Store, and is grateful that it at least seems to be open. Heading past a beautifully-coloured bird sitting on a perch, she finds herself inside a large pioneer-style wooden building, with tall shelves lining the walls containing all manner of cured meats, seeds, dried herbs, tools, building materials, cloth, animal feed, buckets and barrels and so on. A number of animal carcasses hang from the ceiling behind the glass-fronted counter, which itself contains some more luxurious items (tobacco, quills, decorative boxes, a couple of pendants and a wand). Behind the counter are more shelves, but these appear to be filled with half-empty jars of powders and strange liquids, as well as a great many books and a door leading to the back of the shop.

There is a small bell on the counter, but otherwise the store appears to be empty.

Mehriv returns to the Dancing Minstrel where the lunchtime rush appears to be in full swing. He spots Sam dodging between customers with bowls of stew, while the sleep-looking dwarven bartender pours ales with all the care (and speed) of someone who doesn't want to waste a single drop. The tables are full, and the bar is crowded.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 pm

"Ah well, we'll get him if he comes back. Ready to check on the others?"

I'll let Syli go first, using my staff across the trapdoor if she needs something to hold onto in dropping down, before hopping down myself.

Depending on where it landed, I'll collect my dart and dead bird before or after I head to the lower floor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 pm

(Kal goes on autopilot for a while. Will help with cleanup and basement exploration.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:15 pm

The leap down is trivial and Korrik makes it without difficulty.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Gwen rings the bell. "Hello? Do you have a mop, broom, bucket, and soap?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Rather than weaving through the crowds himself, Mehriv calls out, "Sam, when there's a moment, let your brother know that we shall need the reserved rooms."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:18 pm

"Yeah, sure." Using Korrik's staff to ease herself down, she hops down to the second floor, and makes her way back downstairs.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 pm

(Syli / Korrik / Darruk- do you guys want to do anything else? You have plenty of time before Gwen and Mehriv get back).

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Darr├╝k will just use said time to explore the rest of the facilities, making sure there are no giant rats above ground level :)
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:35 pm

Before my prior post: Mehriv speaks as he catches up to Gwen, "There's a rat problem too, we'll need something to deal with them along with the cleaning supplies."
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 am

Prep the pigeon, I guess? Do a perimeter walk around, see where the boarded window lets out, if it would be climbable.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 am

"I have a cage trap. So no need to uy another one."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 am

"If you think it suitable."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 am

"They are reaaaaaaally expensive so I hope so."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Rather than try and fight his way through the crowds, Mehriv yells to Sam that his party will indeed be staying at the Inn tonight. Sam nods in acknowledgement in between handing out a bunch of bowls and shouts back,

"Ok! We'll see you tonight then!"

---------------------------------

Gwen rings the bell and an ancient, fluffy-headed halfling pops up from behind the counter, wearing a thick, bobbly, woollen cardigan, and half-shouts in welcome.

"Well well well!! Welcome to our humble store! I am Felix Mudthistle and you must be new to this town or I'd know you already! So come now lass, tell me who you are and what I can do for you? Oh! I tell you what, I just got the most delightful tea shipped in from the Halfstead Plantation! No-one knows I've got them yet or they'd already be sold out, but I can sneak you a little sample if you'd like? I'll get you some, I'll be right back!"

The old man gets up and shuffles hurriedly off towards the back room, exuberantly waving his walking stick around as he goes, completely ignoring her requests for a mop and bucket.

----------------------------------

Back at the shop, Darruk explores the rest of the small shop with Kal, and finds pretty much everything inside that the others already discovered. A check over the windows shows that they definitely need new shutters, but they otherwise look to be in good shape. The nicest surprise is right out the back door though. It would appear that this little store has it's own little plot of land around the back, which is surrounded on three sides by their shop and the walls of the two taller, neighbouring buildings. At the back of the garden, the view opens out to a beautiful vista overlooking the edge of the town and out to the jungle in the south. The garden is almost completely overgrown, but he spots the latrine, the remains of a cooking pit and what looks like an old archery target sticking out between a tangle of vines at the far end.

Syli hops easily down from the attic, and follows the others. Korrik collects his dart and the dead bird, then heads out to the back garden area to clean the pigeon. By the time he's finished, he has created a small mess of feathers, one pigeon-ready-for-cooking and has attracted the attention of at least four stray cats.

-------------------------------

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 pm

"Sure I would like to try some tea! Do you by any chance know where I can buy a mop and bucket?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 pm

I toss the guts and feathers over the back of the garden (if I'm correct in thinking there's a bit of a wall we are at the top of? And not off the side of a cliff or anything) for the cats. I check out the cooking pit and try to assess if there is any fuel nearby, and what would need to be done to cook up the bird.

"Don't suppose any of you've got a roasting spit handy, do you? I've tried cooking meat on my dagger before, but it was awful hot on the knuckles."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

His message having been acknowledged, Mehriv returns to the street and heads for the general store Gwen went to. "Girl. Shall you require assistance in carrying the supplies?"
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:57 pm

"I've got my cooking tools in my pack. You're welcome to make use of them. I'll get them for you. I was just going to grab my woodworking tools to see if I could do something with the shutters. I'm sure the practice will serve me in good stead as we go to repair the bigger things."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:53 am

"Ah, thanks Kal! Do you think you'll be able to do the repairs to the collapsed upper floor?"

If the cooking pit looks like I'll be able to use it, I'll make use of Kal's cooking utensils to make some roast pigeon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler