The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 pm

((Would I have a sense of how they'd feel about a non-member rolling up wearing one of their shields?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm

"Looks like we might have done it a favour anyways."

int: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7 Gwen does not seem to recall much about the group.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm

"Looks like we might have done it a favour anyways."

int: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7 Gwen does not seem to recall much about the group.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((Would I have a sense of how they'd feel about a non-member rolling up wearing one of their shields?))
You've never met them to know, though you suspect you might have some explaining to do if you ever ran into them.

Gwen vaguely remembers hearing of a mercenary band that used a wild pig as their motif, but she doesn't really remember. It wasn't a group she had much to do with.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Syli pants, catching her breath while the others work on cutting open the snake. When her adrenaline finally settles down, she smirks. "See? Getting better at attracting bigger snakes already!"

"...seriously, though, you can stop any time now. First the flying ones, then the python at camp last night, now this. Rate you're goin', we're going to face a tree-sized snake before we make it back to Hightown."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm

"Wait, there was a snake in camp?! Awww.... at least if they get big enough, I might be too small of a snack to bother with!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

"Oh, right. You," Mehr turns to Syli, "Where did you disappear off to, young lady?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:36 pm

((Does Syli want to study the snake? Sorry I already carved it up. But maybe that will help?))
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:43 pm

((Nah, I'm good. I think Syli's had her fill of snakes for the moment))

Syli stands there, still dripping from her time as a swimming feline. "Wait, you seriously have to ask?" She stares at Mehriv, brow furrowed. For a moment, it seems like she's actively trying to read him, as if trying to figure out what he means. "...huh."

"Well, in case me being completely soaked wasn't obvious enough, I was trying to get across this friggin' river while the rest of you were standing around just yakking about it. But yeah, I'm okay, thanks for asking."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Mehr raises an eyebrow, or an eye ridge as the case may be, "All of us are soaked, Syli, except for Korrik, and we've been a little distracted trying to deal with the giant snake planning to eat one of us, I didn't exactly have time to keep an eye on where everyone was."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Once they are done gutting the snake, Gwen gets some entrails, seaching for 'kitty'. "Here kitty kitty...I got a treat for you.~"

Survival (tracking): 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:56 pm

"I'm slightly soaked in blood.", I pipe up helpfully.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Varsk will look up from the mess that is the snake to briefly inspect the shield before returning to the corpse and trying to remove it from the armor, while also being on the lookout for a coin purse or other things of value under it.

Once the disentangling/looting work is done Varsk will wash both the armor and himself off in the stream. He isn't concerned with where Syli was and suspects he knows why she is being vague after his fall in.

Int: 1d20+3 = 21
Investigation Perception(for the corpse search if that is the right roll): 1d20+3 = 18

Edit: I guess Perception was the appropriate roll rather than investigation so it was 1d20+4 instead. Let me know if you need a re-roll.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 pm

"Well obviously, else you wouldn't have to ask where I was." Syli rolls her eyes.

((Syli will move on with the group once they're all done here))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:21 am

((Perception is usually used to notice stuff; investigation is for searching for specific things (like if you were a detective at a crime scene). It's a little subjective, but I'd take investigation when you know the sort of thing you're looking for (like traps and coin purses)))

Varsk hauls the gooey chain mail off of the dwarf and sets it to the side, barely choking down his breakfast as the smell of hot, digested meat hits him. He searches the rest of the corpse as best he can. All in all, he finds a ruined shirt, a hexagonal golden locket on a thick leather cord (around her neck) and a thick leather belt with a simple, tarnished buckle. They all look rather the worse for being eaten, but could still be useable.

He rinses them all off as best he can and sets them all to one side while he washes the snake and dwarf bits off his arms.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:02 am

Varsk will gather the cleaned up loot and put in his pack. He will move back to the group and glance at the pile of dwarf remains.

"I'm ready to go."

He will grab some snake chunks if needed.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 am

Back toward the main river if we're ready to get going again, then.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 am

((Did I miss your knowledge roll? What did you want to know about it?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 am

((An int roll on the shield.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

Gwen continues to search for kitty before leaving(roll in previous post).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:57 am

((ah! I see it!))

Varsk's knowledge of the Shields is similar to Korrik's. As far as he's concerned they are a vigilante group with pretensions of grandeur who are best avoided. It's bad for business to have too many goody two shoes running around when you're trying to make a less-than-honest living.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 am

Varsk will start back towards the main river.

((How far are we from sunset?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

((Also up for moving on.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am

Syli starts back toward the main river as well.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 am

((It's somewhere around 1pm right now.))

Now they are safely across the river, the group leave the dead snake and remains of the dwarf and return to the main channel. The smell of acid water hits their nostrils as they get closer and stings their eyes. Still, the day is characteristically hot which helps dry off the river water from your clothes a bit (if not the sweat and blood).

After a couple more hours on the trail, Syli* catches a hint of a rotten smell off to the right of the path and the sound of flies buzzing in the scrub.

(*whose passive perception is listed wrong on the summary sheet)