The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 am

thinkslogically wrote:[

It's just a scrappy bit, like 2-3 feet.
Enough to help on her 5, out did that already happen?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 am

You started with your own rope regardless, didn't you Spider? It's listed in your inventory?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:50 am

:roll: Uh, yeah, I do that thing. With my own rope that I have 50 ft of...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 am

spiderwrangler wrote::roll: Uh, yeah, I do that thing. With my own rope that I have 50 ft of...
That wouldn't happen to be in the pack you left downstairs would it? :P

The scrappy bit of rope doesn't help Syli enough to stop her just bouncing off the wall. If you wanted to help her climb up (e.g. grab and pull her up, like a movie), I'll probably take strength checks from both of you.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:58 am

LAYF wrote:Initiative roll in basement : 1D20+0 = [13]+0 = 13

Darr├╝k mumbles something along the lines of "blinded by the light!!!" at an odd melody... Then shakes it off and pulls his Warhammer. Ready to attack...
Just noted that I need to define condition for my readied action:

Condition: if any rat moves within Darr├╝ks reach, he will attack with his Warhammer:
Rolls for action:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:59 am

► Show Spoiler
Using my staff across the hole for support, I place one hand on it and extend the other down for Syli.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Hey folks, I'll catch you guys up tomorrow. Today has just been one of Those Days at work and I'm going to spend the rest of the evening switching my brain off. Will update in the morning.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:22 pm

No worries. Take care. Have a good weekend, I hope. :)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 am

Gwen enjoys her walk back towards the bordello.

Syli tosses Korrik his quarterstaff and then, in a dazzling display of acrobatic prowess, leaps onto the window ledge and back onto the floor. Luckily Korrik is ready to help pull her up using his incredibly hulky halfling strength.

Down in the basement, the others consider the rats. Two of them seem startled by the light, but the larger one screeches angrily and bristles its fur. It doesn't look like it will back down easily... Darruk readies his warhammer.

Ok, we have Darruk and Mehriv up first (you guys decide who's going first), then The Rats then Kal.

----------------------------

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:54 am

"I'm no expert on roofing, but I think this is going to need a bit of repair. What do you think?"

I prod at the roof with my staff, trying to help Syli in determining if this is something that can be patched, or needs a whole renovation/re-roofing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Accepting Korrik's hand, Syli boosts herself up into the attic. "Can't really say, other than I'm fairly certain it doesn't have too much in the way of leaks, if the fact there's settled dust is any indication. Normally with torn up roofs, you'd see water staining and warping of the wood, too."

"...say, Korrik. You know anything about criminal groups? Or what our employer's stance on them might be?" Syli says, changing gears rather abruptly.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't mind the acting order.

As Mehriv begins a quiet chant he raises one hand, index and middle fingers pointed, then thrusts the hand toward the southernmost rat, firing a Ray of Frost at the vermin.
Attack: 12, Damage: 4 And -10' to its speed. No effect/damage on a miss.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:10 am

Seeing as Mehriv goes into sniper mode, Dar├╝k decides the best action for him is none..
Or that is, he continues to stand ready, smacking any Rat that decides to attack!

(do you need new rolls each round or will you use the one from my former readied action until it's triggered?)
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:13 am

I'll hold that one until it's needed. I'm also out today, but will update for you guys tonight.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:15 am

Gwen continues shopping.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:32 am

"...say, Korrik. You know anything about criminal groups? Or what our employer's stance on them might be?"

"Hmmm...? I do... it was rather necessary in my last job. I think Mehr has a practical approach, he'd rather not have to work with them, but isn't above working with someone with a less than pristine history...

Korrik: Insight: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:13 pm

"Ah. I wondered, because I seem to have accidentally gotten a job offer from one such group. Or, rather, an offer to get a job offer. While you and Mehriv were getting the deed to this place, I got waylaid attempting to develop a contact with this town's homeless population, and it went a bit astray. That woman who got robbed outside the bar? I had actually spotted the kid who did it just before he found his mark. I figured he was just some urchin like I was myself, trying to keep himself fed, but as it turned out, he was working for someone else." Syli replies as she examines the roof for leaks.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:17 pm

► Show Spoiler
Basement:
Mehriv fires a Ray of Frost at the large, angry rat, but it is too fast for him and his shot blasts off the floor.

The two smaller rats scurry away from the blast and flee through the collapsed wall (bottom left) squeaking noisily. The large rat is not so timid though and lunges at Mehriv in a miniature frenzy of yellow teeth and black fur. Luckily Darruk is ready for it and crushes it completely beneath his warhammer.

You can all hear more squeaking coming from the bottom left.

Kal is up.

Attic:
Korrik and Syli check over the roof while discussing their experiences with "alternative" business practices.

In town:
Gwen reaches the Bordello and turns downhill towards the square. The unconscious man is still lying in the gutter.

----------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:24 pm

"Oh? I might ask for an introduction. As partners in a legitimate business, it wouldn't hurt to get a feel for what the underground of this town is like. If they're the sort to try shaking us down for 'protection' money, I'd rather know that before they come knocking, you know?"

Is the broken circular window on the side with or without a floor? If the former, I'd like to go check it out, poking my head through and seeing if there are any nearby handholds, rooftops, etc. that might allow for easy exit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 pm

It's on the front, but there's a boarded up window on the back wall.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 pm

I'll go check out the boarded up window then, a window out the back would be better suited to my plans anyway. Let me know if you want any checks, or if I'd need tools to unboard it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Okay time buy a mop, soap, bucket, and cleaning supplies. How much?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:56 pm

sorry burns, time is a little slow with the basement fight. You'll get there, but it'll take a couple of turns. If you want to mess about on the way, you're very welcome though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Okay asides the drunken man what do i see?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Well, you are on the corner with the Bordello. The place is shut at the moment, but you're not too surprised by that given that it's still early in the day. Lining the street on either side are a number of two and three-storey shuttered buildings, some of which appear to be residential homes and others look like small businesses (at first glance you a pawn shop, a couple of food shops, and a small shop advertising a clothes cleaning and mending service. The pawn shop has a "Help Wanted" sign in the window).

The street is relatively quiet, aside from a burly woman sloshing a pail of water out of the cleaners. She tuts at the unconscious bloke and shakes her head.

That's all for passive. If you want to look at or for anything else give me a perception roll. Otherwise, you'll continue on your way.