"Ohh... Any idea where I can find something like that?"

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 pm

"Unfortunately... I think we're in agreement."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Syli continues to stand at her full height for a few moments, before seeming to deflate a bit. "...you keep turning out more reasonable than I keep expecting."

With a sigh, she glances down at the jewelry again, scratching at the back of her neck so as not to make eye contact. "Kal probably knows more about the local clerics and temples and whatnot than I do, so once he gets back, we can get Darruk on his way..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 am

Otho pipes up from upstairs:

"Oh don't worry about that miss, I'll see to it that he gets to the temple in the morning if you'd like? No need to worry about that right before a big journey!

I can take care of selling that for you too if you'd like? It might take a few more days to have this place recognisable as an operating shop, but I can sell it off to other merchants if you'd rather just get some money in?"

----------------

The serving girl is already gone, leaving Gwen standing in a bustling common room. She supposed she could try and fight her way to the bar. Maybe Bren or Sam are around somewhere?" (Perception check if you want to look for them)

-----------------

In the store, the old man laughs:

"Ah yes! A girl and a dragonborn if I'm not mistaken? Very good! Very good! Yes, they helped repair my noticeboard. Mind and keep an eye on it if you're looking for odd jobs! Not much there right now that would probably interest folk like you, but you never know what will pop up!

Yes, it's quite tasty isn't it? I got it through a fellow in Blackwater who says it's an Archipelagan blend. Apparently one of the outer islands ran aground near Blackwater a few years ago and since then the local farms have been enjoying wonderful harvests!."

Korrik nods, knowing full well that Blackwater Cove had almost as many smugglers running goods through it as legitimate traders at it's worst (or best, depending on your perspective). He also knows to take news out of Blackwater with a pinch of salt....

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 am

Gwen tries to scan for people she knows from the crowd. Per: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 am

"How fortunate for the... farmers. We'll be certain to check out the job board when we return, I'm afraid we're headed off up river in the morning. I don't suppose you carry anything to deal with the mosquitoes? They seem to be quite persistent."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 am

"Yes, that's really just a part of life here I'm afraid. Let me think, let me think... Oh! You know I might have a little bit of lemonleaf left somewhere if that would do? Pop it in your campfire at night and the smoke will help keep the insects away... It's not very cheap though. I heard it grows wild in the forests to the north, but you can probably imagine that getting any from there to here is quite tricky..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:17 am

In the bar:
Gwen catches a glimpse of Sam rushing around the back of the tavern, clearing tables and trying to keep out of the way as much as possible. He's quite good at it and she loses him in the crowd a couple of times before finally spotting him ducking into the kitchen behind the bar.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:18 am

"Sam! Hello I need to get a snack for a friend, where can I get one at this time?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:37 am

"I'm pretty low on personal funds, depending on how expensive it is, would we be able to put it on the corporate account? Kal, you familiar with lemonleaf? If you or Syli can recognize it, we might be able to collect some while we're out and about..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am

((I'll take a nature check from kal, with advantage))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Kal knows it very well. When he was a child, it was one of the first plants he was taught to identify, and it was usually his job to go and collect it for the rest of the village or to sell to any travellers passing through town. It grows like a weed as long as its in the shade and the ground isn't too dry, and can be easily identified by the large diamond shaped leaves with yellow veins and the sharp citrus smell it leaves on your hands after they've been picked. It's probably not very common in the scrublands near town right enough, but should be easy enough to find once they get into denser forest.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 pm

((I'll take a persuasion check from Korrik please))

In the Inn:
((He's gone into the kitchen. If you want to get through to the bar to try and catch him when he comes out, I'll take a Dex check for you to try and weave through the crowd. If you'd rather push thru or get there some other way, I'll take your choice of check if you can explain how it'll get you to the bar :) )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 pm

dex: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Man these dice are being odd. They want me to see people but not interact with them. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Korrik:
"Hmm.... I don't know, son. You seem nice enough, but you've just told me you're heading into the wilds in the morning and that's not a safe place to be...

All right. I tell you what, if you give me half now, you can pay me the other half when you get back. But you owe me a favour!"

--------

Gwen masterfully ducks and dips her way through the crowd and emerges at entirely the wrong end of the bar. Sam rushes out, but he doesn't hear her over the noise and she's well out of his eyeline. Dammit!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 pm

"What sort of favor did you have in mind,
friend?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 pm

"We shouldn't need much, if any. I'm very familiar with the plant. We should have no trouble finding some once we're in the woods, and I know how to harvest it. We might well gather enough to bring back extra to sell."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 am

"Though, I don't think selling it retail would really fit with Turajin interests, do you Kal? Perhaps a wholesale arrangement could be made with our new friend here?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 am

Gwen sighs, trying to wave for his attention. When she doesn't find him she'll go back to the store.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 am

With the bird figures out, Mehr sits down to shift through the jewelry, "I believe a gem could be used as a focus for certain magic, but it needs to be of the right type, size, clarity, and many other factors that make it hard to identify by eye..."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:34 am

spiderwrangler wrote:"What sort of favor did you have in mind,
friend?"
"Oh nothing difficult or anything. I sometimes need help moving deliveries through town when there's something too big or out of the way for the children to handle for example. You did say you were a delivery company, no?"

Gwen tries to wave at Sam but he doesn't notice her. An old, odd-looking man at the end of the bar does though, and waves back giving her a toothless grin. She decides to cut her losses and heads back to the store, arriving just as Syli and Mehriv are finishing their investigations.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 pm

"That'd likely fall within our business model, yes. Though we are still just getting used to the layout of the city, but a bit of courier work could likely be done once we're back in town. Unless you needed something done now?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 pm

"No no, everything's fine for tonight! Besides, I'm sure you have packing to do for your big trip? Or maybe not, if you're the sort of lad to only own one shirt..."