The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 am

Gwen nods. "Alright, I will be back soon." Gwen heads to the marketplace looking for a broom, a mop, soap, and a bucket (hopefully there is a well in town)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 am

I jam my staff against the wall under the gap in the ceiling and sprinting up its length, kick off to grab hold and pull myself into the attic space.

Acrobatics: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:24 am

"Right then, with her handling that... Well, there are other things to do." Mehriv casts Light on a torch, causing it to glow a steady white, and climbs down to the cellar with it, "Anything of interest, Darruk?"

If I need to add my own perception roll: 4+1=5
Mehriv is slightly less blind than Darruk, but still blind.
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:36 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:39 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:47 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 am

Kal helps when whatever needs helping. (Too tired to be more specific.)
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:16 am

Kal goes to see if he can lend his darkvision to the crew assessing the basement.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 am

spiderwrangler wrote:I jam my staff against the wall under the gap in the ceiling and sprinting up its length, kick off to grab hold and pull myself into the attic space.

Acrobatics: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
Totally fine, but are you leaping up through the collapsed part or through the (currently closed) trapdoor? Imagine the collapsed part is mostly on the street side, and the trapdoor is in a larger bit of ceiling towards the back.

(I might even make you guys a map at the weekend if you're lucky!)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:32 am

((The collapsed part. If I pictured it correctly, it's sort of like a loft currently since a bit of the second floor ceiling is missing? Trapdoor by the stairs, but the front of the room we are currently in has no ceiling, and we can see the roof above? Trying to get up through the missing ceiling (or floor of the attic space) the the next floor.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

Yup, that's totally fine. Just making sure I've got this right is all :)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 am

In lieu of fancy acrobatics, Syli instead opts to try the hatch at the back of the room, checking whether its still in good condition (not likely) and whether its safe to climb up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Korrik throws himself across the room, leaps off the far wall and throws himself towards a cross-beam, catching it easily and flipping up and onto the thick wooden bar. The birds explode up towards the rafters in the steeply-sloping roof, leaving a gentle flurry of feathers and dust floating down on Korrik. They coo at him disapprovingly from above. A small, broken circular window in the front wall seems to be how they got in here.

Syli takes a less enthusiastic approach to getting upstairs and decides to use the hatch, using a torch to prod the latch until it opens. Unfortunately, without a ladder she's going to have to find some way to climb up there if she wants to look around (you can give me either an athletics or acrobatics check depending on how you want to try this).

Gwen decides to go shopping for supplies. She remembers seeing a large General Store at Market Square, though there might be other places closer by.

It will take about 20 minutes to reach the square. If you'd rather look / ask around for other places you're welcome to make the checks

Darruk sticks his head down into the cellar as Mehriv climbs down and casts enough light to apparently blind both of them. Still, it seems that they have bought themselves a building with a cellar. A slightly smelly, junk-filled cellar, but a cellar nonetheless.

While those two nod appreciatively and pretend they can totally see fine, Kal climbs down and stops short. Sidling up to the others, he whispers in a hiss, "This is a nice building, but... do they always come with so many rats?"

Basement team, please roll initiative!

-------------------------
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm

:lol: rats in the cellar as first quest. Classic.

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Grinning up at the birds, I take a look around the attic area for anything of interest or anything to help Syli up.

Perception:: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Shrugging, I head to the trapdoor, and if Syli would like to try to join me, I'll set my quarterstaff across the opening to give her something to grab hold of if she jumps for it, and/or do what I can to help pull her up.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Korrik sees pigeon poop, dust and a frayed piece of old rope.

He goes to reach down with quarterstaff and realises he just ran up it and left it on the floor below.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:09 pm

How long is the rope? If it's got any length to it, I'll tie it off for Syli to climb.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Mehriv Initiative: 12+1=13

So, what do you guys think, I should just go with Ray of Frost for something small scale like this, so I don't use any spell slots, right?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Gwen is fine for the general store and looking for the supplies needed to clean the place.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Syli pauses for a moment, glancing at the quarterstaff Korrik left behind. Walking over to it, she grabs it and tosses it up to the halfling. "You know, you shouldn't just leave your things lying about," she calls up after it. "Place is messy enough as it is."

Pondering how best to get up to the attic, Syli recalled the acrobatic antics she would sometimes witness back in Rhul. She wasn't bad at it herself, although she was no match for some of the runners who could clear obstacles like they didn't exist. Korrik's leap reminded her of it; if she could just get a good kick off the wall...

Acrobatics (+3): 5
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

Initiative roll in basement : 1D20+0 = [13]+0 = 13

Darr├╝k mumbles something along the lines of "blinded by the light!!!" at an odd melody... Then shakes it off and pulls his Warhammer. Ready to attack...
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:46 am

spiderwrangler wrote:How long is the rope? If it's got any length to it, I'll tie it off for Syli to climb.
It's just a scrappy bit, like 2-3 feet.