The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 pm

((The tree is hollow? How much space inside?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:07 pm

((Enough space for a gnome to hide inside with a little extra space for hiding stuff)). Korrik could fit comfortably, the others would have to squeeze.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:09 pm

As the drops start to fall, they knock me a bit out of my funk and I'll saunter over to the tree, popping up and ducking inside.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Korrik finds the inside of the tree remarkably dry. There is soft moss and leaves on the floor as well as on the ledge the Kal found before. All in all it seems quite a nice place to hide.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 pm

While I'm in here, I poke around a bit to see if there was anything the others missed, since I've got a better perspective to find things than big folk just reaching in and rooting around.

Investigate the gnome stuff.: 1D20 = [12] = 12
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Korrik rummages around inside the tree trunk, but doesn't spot anything new. Despite their size, he thinks the others did a pretty good job of finding everything.

((I'll take a perception check please))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Syli isn't particularly bothered by rain, but does want to know how long the storm will last. She murmurs a quick incantation, holding out her hand as magic starts to flow up from it...

Druidcraft: Produces a tiny sensory effect that predicts the weather for 24 hours.

((Basically, she wants to know ahead of time if hunkering down and waiting for it to pass is an option or not, seeing as they're on a timeline on two different fronts.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Syli casts druidcraft and watches as a small thundercloud forms over the palm of her hand, which quickly dissipates, turning into a golden orb, then a silver crescent and then a golden orb again.

Given how the weather has been for the last couple of weeks, she suspects that this storm will likely pass in an hour or so.

--------

A trail of ants crawl over Korrik's foot, tickling him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Forking ants. I smudge them out with my foot.

Nature: What do I know about ants?: 1D20 = [6] = 6
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:41 pm

If you leave food out near ants they will usually swarm it en masse, they live in the ground, sometimes they bite and it hurts, sometimes they bite and it REALLY hurts.

The ants are smudged, but more quickly appear to replace them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Are they swarming after anything in particular that I can tell?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm

"The rain makes no difference to me, but it seems to bother some city folk. Also, I believe we're planning to make an early start in the morning. If we want to wait out the rain under this tree, I can study this statue a little more in depth. Otherwise, we can head home. Unless, that is, you learned anything important while separated from the group, Korrik?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I pop my head out.

"Hmmm? No, nothing much. The half-orc's gnome friend is sick, not sure if she was the cause or not.", I jerk my thumb over my shoulder in reference to the tree's former occupant.

"I suppose since things have been... resolved... that we ought to go report back to the honey farmer? Think we can make it before it really starts raining hard?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Korrik watches the ants meander over his foot and up the side of the stump and outside to the back of the stump.

((If today is like every other day of the past 2 weeks, you have about 10 seconds to find shelter or get very, very wet.

It's about 3pm))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:41 pm

"Hey Syli... can you talk to ants too? These little guys might know what that old gnome was up to?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Syli takes a swig of her waterskin, before glancing up. "I could, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I barely got useful information out of those bees, and if you consider how much bigger they and their brains are, I'd be lucky to get anything coherent out of things that small."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:06 am

Mehr sighs, then invokes Mage Hand, "Fitting weather for the mood... Everyone group up, I'll provide a little shelter... Does anyone know how nasty the rain will be? In a place where the river flows with acid, I don't like the thought of what the rain will have."

With his upbringing, Mehr's interest in the bird is the cultural and magical significance.
History: 1d20+2=20
Arcana: 1d20+2=22
(Nat 20)

((Well, if there is any cultural or magical significance, the noble sorcerer knows.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:21 am

((You going to catch raindrops? :) ))

I shrug at Syli's assessment of ants and hop down. "Yeah, suppose they might be thinking a lot about the butt of the ant in front of them. They certainly seem focused on wherever they're going."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:30 am

((I picture Mage Hand as a comically large, glowy blue hand-shaped cluster of force. Is that not accurate?))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 am

((You may be thinking of Bigby's Hand. Mage hand is a roughly humanoid sized hand that can do simple tasks. Might be big enough to keep the rain off your favorite halfling's head... o:) ))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 am

Mehriv offers everyone a little shelter under his mage hand, which ultimately protects an area just a little smaller than his own head and does absolutely nothing to keep the others dry. Fortunately, the rain seems to be perfectly ordinary water and doesn't melt the party into soup.

While the warm rain starts to seep into their clothes, Mehriv turns his attention to the bird statue. As he turns the object over in his hands, he smiles as he recognises a familiar pattern of runes that mark this as a messenger statue. If it's anything like the one his family owned, the statuette can be commanded to come to life and carry short messages, but he will need to spend some time studying the runes to understand how to activate it. This could be quite valuable.

The bird itself looks like the type of highly-plumed, long-tailed bird that is typically popular amongst nobility for demonstrating wealth and taste, but he doesn't recall ever seeing this particular type before.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 am

I'll traipse along next to Darr├╝k, making sure he doesn't wander off the path to puke and get left behind. "Well... at least I won't have a wet shirt to deal with..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 am

((Where are you traipsing to? I thought you guys were staying put until the rain stops, but may have missed something...))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:56 am

Gwen does not attempt to find shelter or make any, just letting the rain soak her as she stands there.