The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

"No, no! Only catch bad hunters who shoot me. Make them not come here! Make them leave me alone! Tell them big story or take their things or... or... I don't know! Just want space for small time. Then I go home when lizards stop being stupid.

... oh. Maybe I will never go home..."

Gwen can't get a read on the gnome. She has a weird feeling about it, but can't tell if it's just because she's a weird old lady, or is actively trying to trick them.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 pm

"Wait, they simply just started shooting at you? Why? And aren't you versed in the gxdmgbxz* enough to take care of it yourself?" Syli asks, switching to common. By all rights, this was as it seemed, but life on the streets had taught her to be paranoid, and something wasn't quite adding up... was she everything she seemed, a simple naive druid from the wilds, or was there something more to it?

*Druidic Arts

Insight (+3): 18
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:35 pm

"I don't know! Maybe they don't like bears? Besides, there are too many of them and I am old. You are young and strong. You go! Fix problem!"

Syli's street senses start tingling. There's certainly something odd about the gnome and while she seems more mischevious than malicious, you suspect she might be up to something. Either way, she doesn't seem trustworthy in her request...
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm

"Hmph." Syli snorts, crossing her arms as her eyes narrow with suspicion. "Young, strong, and stupid, right? Stupid enough to not realize someone of your presumable talent should be more than capable of feeding themselves out here?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 am

At Syli's accusations, she looks slightly offended and a little confused.

"You are mean! Is harder to hunt when you are old!

So, you make hunters go away now?"

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:34 pm

"Y'know, the sad part is, is that I have no qualms about kicking around some jackass hunters. But I can also tell when someone's playing games, and you aren't telling us the truth. Not all of it. So no. No we're not. We extended good will, and you just spat on it."
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:38 pm

"What?! No! I tell truth! But if you won't stop hunters, I keep eating honey, and you can't stop me!"

She puts her hands on her hips and draws herself up to her full 3 foot height to stick her tongue out at Syli. If she wasn't so old and saggy you'd think she was a petulant child.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:08 pm

"...Do you think the fact that you were a bear was a reason hunters shot you? Because that seems like a decent reason to, they wouldn't know it wasn't hostile. We can't go kill hunters or run hem off for simple misunderstandings."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:13 pm

She rolls her eyes.

"You ask them! I don't know! Tired of talking. Go or don't go. Save special honey or don't. But you go away now. Is too hot for so much talk!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Gwen gives her a devious grin. "I know of a way for you both to benefit wothout any deaths and you can get food. If I get the hunters to agree would you be willing to stop eatting honey and give information about being a bear?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:55 pm

"You make them go away and we make deal!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

"Sorry hon but that is not on the table. What I am asking for is for is very simple. I am pretty sure it was a misunderstanding that they shot you, and we can make amends. However nothing in this world is free my dear, you will have to do some work for food. I can convince them for you to work with them, to hunt for an entire city and I am certian they will be goad to give you a share of food. What do you say, hun?"

Persuade: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11

(A bit help here?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 pm

((what are you offering her exactly? To become a hunter?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:44 pm

Ummm...I guess? At least hunt with them so she gets food for the city as well.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm

"She's right for once. If you can work with the hunters you're not going to get shot again and you can get part of the food, and they don't have to go into unfamiliar territory. If we convince them, can you agree to that?"

Persuasion: 1d20+5=10
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 pm

The gnome explodes into peals of laughter again.

"Yes, yes! You ask them! You see what they say!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:00 pm

"Then you come too. Less walking back and forth that way."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 pm

"You are very bossy lizard man!"

((Roll persuasion please))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:14 pm

"It's important that we resolve this as quickly as possible. We need to start work on getting rid of the lizardmen too."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:22 am

"Hmmm... Ok! Want to see faces when you ask! But you have to promise I not get hurt."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

"Excellent. You shouldn't be attacked provided you aren't an animal, and that you haven't done anything to upset the hunters. Does anyone have cloth to spare?"
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Looking up from tending to Dar, I respond to Mehr's query.

"Not spare... but we are of about the same size."

I shrug out of my shirt, and offer it to the elderly gnome.

"Negotiations of this sort tend to work better while at least partially clothed."

((I'm picturing my "dark hooded clothes" as something akin in shape to a martial arts gi with a hood, so hopefully that comes down low enough to cover her lower bits...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm

The gnome looks unimpressed at the offer of clothing and rolls her eyes.

Still, she accepts it and ties it ineffectively around her waist so as it covers virtually nothing and still drags on the ground a bit.

((When you guys are ready to leave, I'll take a perception or insight check from each of you please))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm distracted the slightly worrying thought of old lady parts rubbing around under my shirt... but shake my head and try to refocus.

((You mean the ties are dragging, or the shirt itself? How tall is she compared to Korrik at 2 ft, 10 in? (0.86m) Gnomes would be on average a few inches taller than Korrik.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 pm

She's about three feet tall, but she's deliberately tied it so's it's dragging on the ground. It would fit fine if she wore it like a normal person, but it's almost impressive how ineffectively she's managed to 'wear' the garment.