The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Gwen tries to take in the situation, she is pretty sure it's not the kleptomaniac they have with them, they were at the table together. She goes to the woman. "Hello, what happened exactly? Maybe I can help?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Mehriv lets out a sigh, "Perhaps I should have expected she would not be out here."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:40 pm

"Ah, but whatever makes you think I'm looking to shop?" Syli says, forcing a slight smile while mentally cursing herself out. But a small, stubborn part decided she wasn't going to give up that easily... in for a copper, in for a platinum, right? "As it so happens, I was looking for someone. A young lad I believe went this way but a few moments ago, perhaps you've seen him? I doubt I'm the only one seeking him out, albeit my intentions are significantly more benign than anyone else who might be looking for him, at least after his earlier performance..."

As she states this, she mentally runs down the motions and incantations her old mentor taught her for self-defense, preparing for a fight in case things turned ugly.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 am

Kal joins Gwen, listening with an expression of concern.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 am

Darr├╝k picks up his phase, following Korrik at ground height (no acrobatics for this dwarf!!!)
"What's ya doin' lad? See anything?"
He yells with no attempt at being silent or sneaky what so ever.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:54 am

Nioca, make me a Persuasion (if you're friendly) or Deception check (if you're lying).

Gwen, let's have a Persuasion check from you too.

------------

Korrik: you leap nimbly up a stack of crates to land softly on the canvas roof of a sturdy-looking stall and try to spot Syli. Unfortunately your efforts are somewhat interrupted by the stall owner jabbing at your feet with a pole.

"Oi!!! Geroff me shader!!! This isn't the bloody circus!!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:09 am

((Is there anywhere nearby I can spring to and try to look again? If I've blown my shot, I'll parkour down and have a chat with the vendor.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:32 am

(Kal has strong shoulders. And safe to say that he's probably had Korrik up on his shoulders at some point by now.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am

I'm going to say no... The interruption was flavour, but you still didn't see anything helpful.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:00 am

Persuasion (-): 19

(Huh. Maybe that blown stealth check wasn't so unlucky after all.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:10 am

I scurry my way back down, "Good day to you sir, I'm with Vendor Compliance Commission, just checking on everyone's roofs, you wouldn't believe what some of these other folk are pull over on us at the VCC, you simple wouldn't believe it, anyway, I'm glad to be able to tell you that this inspection went quite well, everything seems to be fully up to code, you're to be commended for your eye for detail! What is it you're seeking here by the way?

Fast talk and a smile, that's the Tallpine way...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm

The group step out of the Inn into the sweltering heat of the Market Square and look around for their missing companion. Korrik performs some deft acrobatics onto the cover of a nearby stall while Darruk follows at ground level, but there's no sign of Syli. Korrik's acrobatics almost immediately get him yelled at by the stall owner... Leaping back down to ground level, he smooth-talks the old man who's running the climbed-on shop.

"Good day to you sir, I'm with Vendor Compliance Commission, just checking on everyone's roofs, you wouldn't believe what some of these other folk are pull over on us at the VCC, you simple wouldn't believe it, anyway, I'm glad to be able to tell you that this inspection went quite well, everything seems to be fully up to code, you're to be commended for your eye for detail! What is it you're seeking here by the way?
"Well why in the Nine Hells didn't you say so boy! You damn near gave me a heart attack clambering around up there! But of course I've got a good eye for detail, it's me job! I've got only the finest hand-carved puppets and children's toys! Perhaps you've got children of your own? Nieces and nephews? It doesn't matter, everyone loves these!"

Gwen and Kal approach the upset woman and offer to help. Mehriv just kind of waits.

Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

She looks fairly uncertain, but the complete lack of official help from the city guards seems to help. Besides, you seem like a fairly competent pair.

"Oh all right! A small boy grabbed me and ran off with my coinpurse... I mean of all the low-down, dirty schemes to use a CHILD in that way! Anyway, he ran off that way, and he's probably completely vanished by now! I mean honestly! You would THINK they'd put guards in this part of town since there's obviously such a high crime rate! You'll notice that the guards STILL haven't appeared, hmmm? Probably corrupt! If you see him, please get my purse back and give that boy a proper hiding! I'm staying at at the Greenvine Guesthouse on the side of the river. I would be most grateful if you could return my property."

With that, the woman strides away.

In the alley:

"Ah, but whatever makes you think I'm looking to shop? As it so happens, I was looking for someone. A young lad I believe went this way but a few moments ago, perhaps you've seen him? I doubt I'm the only one seeking him out, albeit my intentions are significantly more benign than anyone else who might be looking for him, at least after his earlier performance..."

The figure lets a tense silence hang for a moment.

"Noticed that, did you? That's... Impressive. Or lucky. Tell you what, if you ever find yourself in need of work, leave an offering at Avandra's shrine in the Poor Quarter. If the offering is suitably impressive... Well, you'll find out won't you?"

The figure steps back into the shadows and vanishes from sight.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I spend a few moments looking over his wares and making the requisite exclamations of admiration before apologizing for taking up his time and excusing myself to meet up with the others. "No luck on my end, what's going on here?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:08 pm

<This lady thinks a crime group had a boy steal something from her, and the guards are not helping on this side of town. She suspects they are corrupt, which won't surprise me. It points to a gang or ...what is most likely the group that has impunity....the thieves guild. Do not want them on our bad side>

"I will try to find the coinpurse but don't get your hopes up."

deception: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Are you thinking that first bit burns? Feel free to make an insight check before she leaves if you'd like by the way- you're welcome to make checks based on events happening during the turn.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:03 pm

"That is most distressing. A boy, you say? There seem to be many of them around. Can you be more specific? Can you describe the coin purse? "

Kal looks around, but is completely at a loss for how to even begin looking for a stolen purse in the crowded market. He sees no reason to disbelieve her story.

Insight: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Perception: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

(Both rolls line up pretty well for what I would expect of him in this situation, so I don't even have to change anything.)

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:06 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Are you thinking that first bit burns? Feel free to make an insight check before she leaves if you'd like by the way- you're welcome to make checks based on events happening during the turn.
Yep telepathy with Korrik, dhoulda specified sorry!
Insight: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 pm

The woman is clearly upset by the theft and seems to be looking for someone to pin the blame on, perhaps to make up for the embarrassment of the robbery.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:51 pm

"Is everybody done? We need to get moving soon."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Syli pauses as the figure steps away and vanishes. "Yes, I guess we will..." She says softly. Turning around with a smirk, she heads back up the alley, snagging and stowing away the coat the boy cast off in her backpack before heading back toward the inn. She attempts to make her return subtly, albeit her mind's too preoccupied with her run-in with the mysterious figure to put much effort into it.

Stealth (+5): 7

(...aaaand she steps on another cat. :lol: )

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:47 am

"Is everybody done? We need to get moving soon."
"Not sure, don't we need ta find Syli first? A know she tend ta her own ways, but it is a rough part o' town!" Darr├╝k response with a bit of concern in his voice.
"If ya guys get goin' I'll follow at a slower phase, so she can find us with more ease!"
He shrugs his shoulders and look at the others..
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 am

"That is why we need to get moving. The sooner we locate her the sooner we can move on to examine the store."
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:16 pm

(Kal really wants to help the lady, but sees no way to do so and doesn't want to agitate her further. He can probably be pulled away, but will probably need some consoling on the matter.)

"The poor boy must have been desperate to try something like that. The guards should be more vigilant. But I think you're sadly right. With so many people around and no indication of which way he went, I don't know what can be done."

(I was afraid of this...

Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8)

Kal takes one more look around, trying to spot any clues to what might have happened or where the boy might have gone.

(Investigation: 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14)

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 am

I perk up as Gwen mentions the Thieves Guild, but nod and keep quiet, ready to find our missing expert and check out the new shop before we get entangled in local matters.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler