The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 am

Varsk will randomly cut three or four of them in areas it looks most dangerous to fall.

Varsk knows the wrong cuts in the wrong places mean you don't get paid, and what good would that do for anyone?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:13 am

((are you sabotaging some of the bridges that you've been using so far then? Or only ones leading in other directions?))

((Burns, can you remind me what your spell save is please? Otherwise, I'm going to give the others a chance to chime in with their actions before Lizard-Gwen walks out over the bridge.

If anyone doesn't want to stay in the tree, it's a fairly easy climb down to the ground, but you'd still have to cross the open (flooded) ground))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 am

(they must use Int (investigation) action vs dc of 14)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:29 am

"Oh, Gwen, that's pretty neat! You could have me as a 'prisoner', if we think that's a good idea, then you're not all alone."
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:02 am

((I guess it depends on how many bridges there are. A few that they have been on and a few from other directions. He will try to mix it up so anyone following will have to check every bridge - that is of course after a few have fallen. If there are a lot of bridges he will need to sabotage more than the 3-4 I noted before.))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am

((Quick question, just to confirm, the flicker of light was to the southwest, right? As in, in the opposite direction most of the bridges are heading?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:37 am

Yes, that is correct :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 am

"Soooo.. Are we going to just wait for them to give us the all clear or are we all being captured by that one scaled guy?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:52 am

That would probably strain the creditability of the disguise. I would be surprised if the folks watchin', if there is anyone, aren't already gonna be wondering who the new guy is.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 am

"I might be able to just cling to your back and hide there too..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am

Syli glances around. She wasn't thrilled with the plan, but there wasn't a whole lot of other options. "I think, whatever the plan is, that we're going to need to move quick. I think we might already be watched."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:17 pm

"Isn't all of this pointless then? Unless the scaled ones are really stupid and thinks she was hiding amongst us all this time. Are we sure she didn't do just that?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Gwen gets somebodies rope to loosely tie around Korrik's wrists. "Is this okay?"

She rolls her eyes and reaches out to touch Merric's arm. "Do I feel like a lizard?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:25 pm

"Standing around waiting won't help. If you cross like this, and they just let you cross, then we'll be split up. But if it draws them out, it will give us a view of them. I'll be ready to help." Mehr provides Gwen with the specified words, then stands aside. If the lizards confront Gwen and she can't pass things off smoothly, Mehr will have a Ray of Frost ready to blast any that threaten her.
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm

"Don't tie it, just loop it about and I'll hold the end in my hands so I can drop it when I need to. Do you think you can carry my staff for me?"

I glance across the way.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Gwen nods "Of course." Gwen puts the staff on her person, easy reach for Korrik as she starts to cross the bridge with him.

Edit: per for crossing the road bridge
Per: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am

Merric shrugs and seemingly mimics Mehr as he prepares to cast spells at the lizards.
Merric will prepare an eldritch blast for anyone sneaking up behind them as he doubts he can reach the others unless they get stopped right at the end of the bridge.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Varsk peers at the jungle surrounding the pond and behind them looking for lizards and other things that may wish to kill him.

Perception: 11

((So I guess Varsk notices more when he isn't looking...))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm

As Gwen starts to cross, Syli's eyes are drawn back to where she saw that light, trying to catch another glimpse...

---Perception (+5): 14

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Gwen gets a quick primer on common Draconic phrases from Mehriv, then casts disguise self and gives herself the appearance of what she hopes will be a passable lizard-lady in a robe, casting comprehend languages to solidify the pretense.

"Tying" Korrik's hands loosely in front of him, Gwen steps out onto the bridge, holding Korrik's staff and the end of the rope in one hand and using the other for balance. With his hands tied, Korrik doesn't have quite such an easy time...

Korrik: Acrobatics check please!

-----------------------------------

Mehriv and Merric watch the pair head onto the bridge, keeping attacks readied, just in case.

Varsk worries that they might be being tailed, and watches the forest behind them. A branch cracking above makes him jump, but he can't see what broke it... Maybe it was just an animal?

Syli is more interested in the glowing light, and watches carefully in case it appears again. Sure enough, after a few moments, she sees a warm, bobbing light pass between a couple of tree trunks before it disappears from view again. It's very pretty!

Kal keeps watch. A large bird of prey breaks a branch somewhere above the group and flies off. As his watches it go, he catches a glimpse of movement from across the bridge ahead of Gwen and Korrik.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Thankfully, this is not Korrik's first rodeo. Despite the awkwardness of having his hands tied up, he manages just fine without the guide rope.

They make it about halfway across, before Gwen hears a barked command to stop! Korrik just hears a shout, but can make a fair guess as to what it means. The owner of the voice drops from the branches of the three on the opposite side, keeping a drawn bow pointed at the pair as it begins to speak. The creature looks very similar to the crested lizard form she practiced earlier in the week with the gnome druid... Its hide is a dark purplish-brown, rough and scaly, and the creature is completely naked, except for a small bag slung over one shoulder, and the large painted symbol of a blood-red claw across its torso.

Gwen hears: "Why are you wearing that dress like one of the soft skins? You're lucky we didn't shoot you!"

Korrik does not understand.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Gwen says in draconic, "I ...I don't know."
To Korrik <Crap. They asked me why I wore this and the best answer I have is 'I don't know.'>

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 pm

"Uh... it's a trophy, to show the stupid cityfolk you're the boss!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 pm

((Now say that using only these words:
Hello, Goodbye, sssssir, mam, from other camp, I do not know, Sssyline.

:lol:))