The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 pm

Varsk will start moving towards the way he just came from, having paid much better attention to the way this time. He will wait for a decision on what Kal is doing and who is going to the druids. He will gladly let Syli lead the way, staying silent except to point out if he thinks they are off track.

Not getting lost: 18

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Ok, just pausing to get clarification on who's going with whom and then we'll move on. So far I've got:

Team Diplomacy/Infiltration: Finding the Other Clan of Big Lizardfolk
Artho
Kal
Merric
Korrik

Team Cat: Going back to find the Druids
Syli
Varsk (and maybe find Trips group too)
Mehriv
Gwen
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 am

((Varsk would also like to find Trip's group if possible, but since as far as he knows no one is aware of where they could be he will take the druid route.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 am

Team cat for Mehr, I guess, while hoping Kal comes back one day.

((Jeez, first day back at classes and my brain is already dead. I wrote 'Varsk' instead of 'Mehr' at first because it was the last name I saw. >.>))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 am

Team cat for Gwen.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 am

Sounds good. I just need a choice from Korrik and we'll move along.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 am

As much as I am loathe to split the party (again), Korrik wouldn't want Kal to be going 'alone'.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 am

Merric likes Korrik too much and despise Gwen equally much so Merric will go with Korrik and Kal
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am

All right, cool. On a meta note, this will also help me get you guys to level 3 :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:49 pm

"We should have a plan for how to meet up, or, better yet, communicate."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 pm

"Try to return to the cabin where we just stayed? I don't think we'll be able to communicate easily. When one group's job is done they can come back and leave some sort of inconspicuous mark here, then if they feel up to it head out to do something, but come back at night. If the other group returns and sees the mark, they'll know to hunker down until the return."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

((If you guys can think of any kind of sensible plan for staying in touch or getting back in touch with each other, we can retcon it in as the plan you made.

Otherwise, we'll move ahead with split parties. I'm going to once again try and keep you guys very roughly in temporal sync with each other, but for the most part you will likely be two independent parties for a while. Is there anything you want to say / do before you all go your separate ways? Any gear / item swapping you want to do?)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Varsk will give team (Big) Lizard a wave over his shoulder as they move out.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I can't think of any trading that needs to be done.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 pm

The party pack their things together one last time and prepare to head out into the wilds as two separate groups. Only Varsk shows the remotest bit of sentimentality about the separation by offering a casal wave goodbye over his shoulder before retracing their steps towards the rainbow forest.

It is about 11am

Druid Group
Having now trekked back and forth through this part of the woods a number of times, it is easy enough for the group to follow their own trail and backtrack towards the rainbow forest.

((If you're not doing anything particular en route, you'll arrive back where you started in around two hours))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group
Artho seems pleased that a plan has been made, and says:

"I'm afraid I don't know exactly where we should expect to find these folk, save that their clan used to inhabit the lands to the south of here. We should travel as quietly as possible for now, so I recommend you leave as much behind as you can spare so we can travel lightly. Now, let us be off while there's still daylight."

Artho sets off, heading approximately SSW.

((I'll take a survival roll for anyone helping with route-finding and I'll need stealth from everyone everyone in the lizard group. If there's anything else you'd like to pay attention to / watch for etc. as you travel, just let me know :) ))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Rolls
Survival: 3+3=6
Stealth: 19+1=20
Perception: 13+1=14

Kal keeps his senses alert. Not looking for anything in particular. Just whatever might be useful, dangerous, or out of place. Unfortunately, between focusing on that and being stealthy, he isn't doing a very good at pathfinding.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:36 pm

((Just following the leaders.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 pm

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm

((The stealth/survival request was just for the lizard group - Gwen's group will get requests in their section. Unless you have your own plan mind?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 pm

(Ah sorry, I thought you meant everybody, not just the people going for the lizards.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:46 pm

((Yeah, I realise that wasn't clear! My bad!))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:38 am

Varsk will point out the carved tree shrine he saw the evening before if they pass near to it.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 am

Merric does little to remain hidden or silent compared to the rest and got the sweet nickname of bait as he follows along. He does however keep an eye out for anything the might be of interest to the true god especially if they keep moving through the ruins.

Merric stealth: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
Merric Perception: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Druid Group
The druid group backtrack along their now-familiar path back through the wet ground of the swamp. The walk is about as uneventful as it was this morning, though far hotter and muggier now that the sun has risen high into the sky, and the group are plagued by biting insects. Syli can't shake the feeling that she's still being watched, but nothing seems to come of it.

A little after midday, you have returned to the glade of rainbow trees where you spent the night, and Varsk points out the little shrine he discovered the night before. A small, bright orange orchid has been placed at the base of the carving, which he doesn't remember seeing last night.

Lizard Group
Korrik takes point with Artho at the front and manages to make impressive progress in finding them a way through the forest that keeps them hidden and on quiet ground, as they make their way towards the south. Artho seems impressed with Korrik's natural capabilities, and shows him how to balance his body movements around his breathing to move silently like a predator tracking prey. Kal keeps Merric out of a couple of patches of dry vegetation, but you don't seem to have much company right now. You only see one rope bridge as you travel in this direction, but it heads further to the west and you lose sight of it soon enough.

Kal keeps an eye out as the group travels and is pleased to find a dense patch of lemongrass, and gathers enough to last several days. A couple of hours after midday, you hear the distant sound of multiple horn-blasts again and Artho pauses. A moment later you hear four single blasts from far off in the distance. They are hard to place through the trees, but it seems that two come from the east and one from the north. Artho speaks:

"We must press onwards! They have recalled their forces... I cannot guess why, but they are moving back and we must take advantage of the reprieve. Let us hope that there are no patrols ahead of us. We must be wary... These damn beasts are almost invisible when they want to be."

You are about to move on again when Merric catches the faint stench of burnt meat on the wind... It seems to be coming from the SW.