► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 am

Oh, right, stealth and per. Here we go.

Per: 1d20+1 = [19] + 1 = 20
Stealth: 1d20+1 = [11] + 1 = 12

"The fey. Fairy realm. Land of tricksters and magic. The place where mortals normally suffer."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 am

"So how is that different from here? Plenty of mortals are sufferin' here last I checked."

Says Varsk as he moves to the next bit of cover.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:03 am

"Mostly in that the suffering in the fey is caused by creatures which can keep you alive indefinitely to further enjoy your suffering."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am

"Not all fey are that cruel. Many are devious and tricksters, but I never heard of anything like that."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 am

"Not all, but many lack compassion, and many see beings from our plane as animals. Their tricks go too far. It is safest to stay clear of their realm."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

"Well, unfortunally, that is a likely place where they would hide out. Think of it, people would be wary to go there and unlikely to travel there. What better place to hide people from others?
What better place to hide their illicit activities to the world? Whatever their worshipping, it probably caused this."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 am

"This entire swamp seems like a good place to hide their activities. And remember there are multiple clans. The one we need may not want anything to do with the fey."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 am

"If they were buddies with the fey, wouldn't their bridges maybe go into the weird trees?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

"I've not heard of such stories. Yes, it's possible to run afoul of them, but it's also possible they'll help. Their presence does complicate things, but out here nothing is certain or without risk. And it's entirely possible that our mission leading us this way and the presence of the fey here is not a coincidence.

Whatever we choose, we should not linger here. Lizardfolk will likely come in response to all the alerts, we have other hunting groups behind us, and hopefully people to save ahead. We should move with caution along any path out here, but we should do so with all reasonable haste."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:14 am

Now that Korrik brings it up, you notice that the lizardfolk bridges don't extend into the blue forest at all. This might be good for you! ...or it could just be dangerous.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 pm

"We stay out of the fey."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

"Ha! That's like what the vampire eladirin said! 'If you know vhat's good for you, you'll stay out of my fey...'! , I say with an accent.

((That's for you, Wears! ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 am

Kal will defer to the boss.

(Ha! Thanks, Spider. :D )
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 am

(I assume that's a reference to something?)
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 am

(Not exactly. Just that someone with a stereotypical Eastern European accent - for example, Bela Lugosi - would pronounce "way" like "fey," and Spider took advantage of that to make something like a pun. Which amused me. YMMV.)

► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 am

Varsk is already on his way east, hanging to the green side.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 am

"Fey, huh? Never had the pleasure." Syli remarks. She'll follow after the group somewhat absent-mindedly, periodically nipping off to take take a look at or take a sample of some of the fey-ified plant life without the notice of the others.

Syli... [rolls]
...Perception (+5): 7
...Stealth (+5): 24
...Nature (+3): 9
...Arcana (+3): 23 (CRIT)

((Did that bow I got come with any arrows? I just realized it might not've. :lol: ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Syli hangs back a little to fiddle with something, while the others follow Mehriv's instructions and head off towards the east. None of them notice her casually straying into the blue forest and quietly picking a pretty little yellow flower and tucking it inside her shirt. It's a little cooler in the blue forest, which is a pleasant change from the baking heat of the rest of the swamp and she lingers just a moment longer, enjoying the pleasantness of the strange forest and wondering what kind of magic there might be further on...

With a jolt, she suddenly realises she doesn't need to go further into the forest at all - there's plenty of magic right here and it's luring her in! Turning back, she is alarmed to find she has come several metres further into the trees than she intended, but luckily didn't go far enough to get lost. She hurries back to the others, who are none the wiser for her mini adventure.

-------------

The party head east, starting the slow march over tangled, overgrown hummocks, through mud and tangled tree roots and trying not to slip into random pools of knee-deep water. It's rough going.

I'll take stealth and perception checks from everyone please, and a survival check from your pathfinder.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Did you need another stealth and perception from Varsk? I don't see that it came up in this update.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 pm

((nope the previous rolls are fine, I just need them from everyone)).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Per: 1d20+1 = [20] + 1 = 21 (Crit!)
Stealth: 1d20+1 = [19] + 1 = 20

(If we use all our good rolls on not being seen, we don't need them for combat! :P)
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 am

Perception: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20
Stealth: 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14

Kal is not leading, but he does keep an eye on the trail.

Survival: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

... Sort of.

► Show Spoiler