The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Ah, don't know if I've outright said it, so Mehr's just heading back to HQ for now, nothing special. Unless Syli wants help examining things.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

I thought we are sleeping on the boat? Anyways, Gwen has nothing planned.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 pm

I assumed so. Mehriv is currently looking at a rat on the counter in his store.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 am

Gwen points at the counter and says glumly. "Do you want me to kill that as well? It seems like the only thing I'm good at."

(I vote to sell it ourselves but not the obvious magic items yet until we get them identified)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 am

((Someone with can spend a short rest (1 hour) to identify a magical item rather than forcing you to be reliant on the identify spell. I will say that if you aren't a caster class, you'll only be able to identify items you can use (e.g. you won't be able to ID a +1 greatsword if you're not proficient with greatsword).

That shouldn't be a problem for you guys right now though since most of you are magical anyway.

Syli didn't find anything magical in the bag of trinkets))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 am

Syli fixes Gwen with an unamused gaze, a frown prying at the corner of her mouth. "...how about you do something useful and get some cheese or bread for this little guy instead?"

((I'm for pawning the treasure, but not before we have a fix on what we can expect for it. I don't want to be taken for a ride, here.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am

Well, it's nighttime now so you won't be able to go and haggle yourselves. Otho can go for you, but he'll need to know what your instructions are. When Korrik gets back, he might have a better idea of the likely value.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 am

((I take it Darruk's examinations didn't pan out either?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 am

He helped ID which gemstones we're authentic, but he's "sick" and basically not here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

"...how about you do something useful and get some cheese or bread for this little guy instead?"

Gwen nods. "Better than killing something else." She goes to the pantry, looking for any food.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

((What pantry? You're in a mostly empty shop. If you have rations you can use those, but all you have is what you started with or bought))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:08 pm

(None apparently. I guess it's time to go outside to go get some cheap bread/berries.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm

While Syli sorts the gnome's loot, Mehriv spends his time studying the silver bird statuette. The runes are not particularly familiar to him, and it takes him a while to perfect the pronunciation, but eventually, he has it! Tossing the statuette onto the floor (for the ninth or tenth time) he speaks the command word, "Touri", and the statuette bursts into life, squawking loudly as it lifts itself off the floor and onto a more comfortable perch. The rat almost falls off the table in fright and sprints back under the floor with a frantic scrabbling of claws.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 pm

How is gwen's search for cheap food going?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:03 pm

((Well, where are you going? There aren't any inns or anything nearby except for the Dancing Minstrel Inn at the Market Square, and that was a silver or two for a full meal (I'd have to check). Otherwise, the market itself has closed for the night so the next place to check would be the riverside where the rowdier bars, brothels etc. are.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Mehr looks a little sheepish, holding his hand out for the bird, "Sorry about that, Syli."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm

I guess dancing minstrel and see where i go from there.

Per: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16

I hope we can keep the Silver Statue of Message Summoning: The Bird

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 pm

"Do you think the old fellow got lost? Maybe I should go look for him..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Ok, while the others are doing their thing, Gwen heads off to the Dancing Minstrel by herself. The streets are dark, but she gets there without incident and heads inside. It's hot, and the smell of rich stew, and stale beer reminds her that she's already had a few drinks this afternoon...

The inn is characteristically busy for this time of night and patrons jostle for seats and space at the bar.

--------------------------------------

((WTF!? I wrote an update for Kal and Korrik two days ago and it appears to have vanished from the forums... I was wondering why you weren't speaking to him! Two seconds, I'll see if I can remember it.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 pm

"He did say it was a new shipment of tea, maybe it takes a little longer to prepare."

I find somewhere to sit and wait patiently, kicking my feet back and forth.

((No worries!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 pm

"Hi, I was wondering if I can buy a small snack here for the road?"

persuasion: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [6, 4]+4 = 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Korrik stretches in his new shirt and finds it to be quite easy to move around in. The fabric is pleasantly cool, and while it's a little bit fancier than Korrik is used to, he suspects it would be pretty good for wandering around a jungle in.

After a few minutes, the old man returns to the store, teapot and teacups rattling precariously on a tray that's slightly too small to hold them all. He thumps them down on a small table and pulls over three chairs before starting to pour three cups of hot tea.

"Ah! I see you found our bargain barrel! I take it that you'll be buying that shirt since you're wearing it?" He gives Kal an exaggerated wink and a grin.

"Come now, come now! Sit yourselves down and have a drink of this! It's quite wonderful stuff, we got it in just two days ago and it's ever so refreshing! Here, have a cake."

He pushes a teacup towards Kal and Korrik and then thrusts a plate of small hard cakes under their noses.

"Come on, get them while the tea's hot! That's it! Now, you're new in town I can tell! What brings you to Hightown then eh? Looking for work? Or here for to chase adventures and tales of lost gold! Hahahaha!"

He dunks a cake happily into his own tea and sits back, waiting for the pair to tell him their story.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"Hi, I was wondering if I can buy a small snack here for the road?"

persuasion: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [6, 4]+4 = 10
Gwen grabs a busy serving girl as she shoves between tables, carrying flagons of ale.

"Nothing like that on the menu now lass, we've got bowls of stew or nothing. You want that sort of thing you'll need to order it for tomorrow."

Then she disappears into the rabble.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:41 pm

"Indeed! I had a shirt that I loaned out, but it was never returned..."

I join him in cake and tea, giving the tea careful sip before dipping my cake into it to soften it slightly.

"What gave us away?" , I ask with a laugh. "You're certainly right, we are new to town. Part of a group that is opening up in the old 'Bloodbath and Beyond' shop down the way, 'Dungeons And Delvers: Five Experts', we're called, even though there are six of us, though I guess the dwarf and myself each count for a half. Hehahah! I think a couple of our fellows stopped in to see you the other day. We're planning on doing odd jobs, adventure chasing and getting to the truth of tales of gold, as it were."

"Ooo, this is quite nice, where did it come from?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Syli shrugs. "Not like I've got anything to feed 'em with right now anyway. And seeing as I and Sir Horks-A-Lot here-" She adds, giving Darruk a nudge in the ribs and eliciting a low groan, "-aren't making much progress on this anyways, we might as well find out about that bird thing."

"...It pretty much sits like this right now: Darruk's got some experience with rocks, so he's been able to pick out the actual gems here from the glass," She says, standing up to full (if meager) height and motioning at the jewelry. "We could actually fetch a fair price for it, I think, but any legitimate place around here's gonna be closed tight, and stay that way till after we depart. So, we're actually sitting on income, but can't friggin' use any of it because we're going to be heading out too early."

"...which in turn leads into problem B: Darruk," She adds, scowling and jabbing a finger at the dwarf. "Not to play the miserable harpy here, but if we bring him with us, we're gonna be dragging around some serious dead weight. Yes, he could be helpful, but his sickness isn't improving, and will probably get worse if he's trekking through jungle. And seeing as we're heading into a hornet's nest of angry lizard savages, taking him with us will probably get either him killed, or us killed trying to protect him." Syli eyeballs the dwarf for a minute.

"To be blunt: we don't need him. Now how he is right now. Kal can mend a couple wounds, and while it's not exactly my thing, per say, I'm more than capable of magicking away a few injuries myself. The only catch is that I'll have to conserve my magic, but it's not like I've been leaning on that anyway... So right now, he needs to bugger off to a healer until he can keep his lunch down."
► Show Spoiler