The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 am

"I meant the part about Gwen trying it."

"Ooohh, dragons are magic and bleed! It could be a dragon they are tapping blood from instead of a fiend! I guess some of the smell might come from it being diluted with the angry river.. They use the blood of a dragon to awaken their ancient draconic herritage! Making them bigger, stronger and magical! Maybe you should drink it Mehriv and fully realize your magical powers as you gain the magic strength of the dragons!"
"My clan already bears the magic of the Dragons, without drinking their blood. That link to our heritage is why we are nobles... If these barbarians are befouling the glory of the Dragons in such a way, though... Their sins will have to be cleansed with blood."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Varsk climbs the tree and checks around a bit. The vantage point doesn't give him a particularly good view given how dense the foliage is overhead, but he is able to make out the trampled path through the undergrowth where they must have come in last night. Alligators float gently near the edge of the shallow water and a flock of birds squawks and fluffs around in the branches overhead.

((Give me survival checks for getting back to the others please))

-----------------------------------------------------

Back at the shelter, the group discuss the strange vial. Mehriv wonders if it's a potion, but it doesn't seem quite right for that.

Merric has his own ideas which get progressively wilder. Kal looks at the substance. The thick, dark fluid is certainly blood and that tang of sharp, acrid metal is exactly as dragon blood has been described to him. But how can it possibly be dragon blood?

Korrik asks Arthro, "Say, Artho... Do you know anything about black dragons in these parts?"
"Dragons? Hah! You mustn't give your friend's wild ideas any traction, friend. The world has not seen a dragon in centuries."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Gwen has outlander background, and due to her devilsight she'd be able to see all the landmarks clearly as if it were day.

But here: Survival: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Whereas Gwen is attempting to follow tracks, Syli is... swatting and blasting lemonleaf scent at this really big mosquito that won't leave her alone. "Go on! Beat it! Shoo! Go find a cow or something!"

-Survival (+3): 7

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 pm

((Right, and I'm remembering that. But outlander just means you can recall general terrain and landmarks. In the middle of a dense forest, the survival is still needed to keep you in the right direction and for pathfinding. You can still get lost, just less easily.

Daytime in the woods is dim light, rather than darkness so your devil's sight gives no benefit)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Varsk goes to where he thinks the path starts from what he saw in the tree and looks around. He feeling much more confident in the full light.

Maybe helping survive?: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

"Hey, pretty sure that this is where we came from."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:29 am

I fish about in my pouch and pull out the bone token, holding it up for the others to see the engraved dragon and then the bloody print on the back.

"Found this on one of them, wonder if there is a connection... May I?"

If given the vial, I'll place a drop on the back, then press my thumb into it, eyes scrunched up as I wait to see what happens.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Korrik opens the vial and places a drop on the back of the dragon token, on top of the existing bloodstain. The new blood is darker, and bubbles slightly on contact with the old blood. The acrid smell makes his nostrils tingle.

((You still want to do the thumb thing?))

-------------

With a bit of help from Varsk, Gwen is able to quite easily find their trail from the previous night and the group set off into the woods.

Can someone please roll me a straight d20 from the explorer group?
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Does it seem like it's eating into the bone?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:23 pm

The d20: 5

((Wooo... gonna be great. :P))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:38 pm

"This vial appears to be dragon's blood! That's impossible, isn't it? Where did you get this?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Does it seem like it's eating into the bone?
Nope.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

WearsHats wrote:"This vial appears to be dragon's blood! That's impossible, isn't it? Where did you get this?"
Artho stares at Kal for a moment and then laughs uncertainly.

"Oh very funny! You almost had me there!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Sure, stick my thumb on it, but be ready to pull it free and wipe it off.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:32 pm

"I'm serious. It is definitely blood, and it has all the qualities of dragon blood. I've studied this. If it's not actual dragon blood, it's an incredibly convincing fabrication."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 pm

((Which thumb was it?))

Korrik pushes his thumb onto the token and feels an immediate searing pain as if needed had just been pushed deep into the pad of his thumb. Instinctively dropping the token, he is somewhat horrified to see a faint chemical smoke or steam bubble off his thumb and the token on the floor as his own blood mixes with the dragon blood.

It hurts like hell and isn't easing.

Korrik takes 1 HP of damage.

Artho stops laughing at Kal's words and Korrik's sudden distress.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:49 pm

"Why would you touch something which is burning like an acid?! Water, wash it off, hurry." Mehr brings out a waterskin to pour over Korrik's thumb.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 pm

"Owww oww oww oww owww owwww!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 pm

With Korrik just panicking, Mehr grabs his wrist and pours the water over the burning thumb.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Mehriv is dumbfounded but responds quickly. The water helps with the pain somewhat, but the burn on his thumb continues bleeding. At least it's mostly stopped smoking...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Kal uses one point of band-aid.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Kal goes to heal Korrik for the 1hp he lost, but while he is able to stop the bleeding, Korrik's thumb throbs angrily and feels altogether too hot.

((Korrik: please make me a CON save.))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 pm

What does Kal know about coming into contact with dragon blood?

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:36 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 am

When the others start looking at the blood, Merric decides to leave them alone for a bit. The true god calls to him and he proceeds to do his morning ritual of "drowning" himself.

Not sure if I should roll a d20 as Gwen does when she have her dreams, but here's a roll just in case.

Merric ritual: 1D20 = [6] = 6
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread