The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm

"I suspect I will need to do this sooner or later, and at least if I have some assistance my odds of success may be better than if I am alone."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Varsk will ponder the answer and glance at Mehr before responding,

"How would you go about gettin' in there then and how would we be helpin' you then?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm

He shrugs. "I do not know. I have never made it close enough to their encampment to see what we may be facing. I would hope that you would be in a position to help me should I be captured or fail to return, as I would do for you. I am merely proposing that we pool our resources, but it may be that we would each be better served by continuing separately. I confess I do not know what the best course of action may be."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 pm

"We could certainly provide more war potential. If you find it difficult to get close, a larger group would likely have more difficulty, but while you are alone, we can eliminate groups quickly enough to clear the area before reinforcements arrive."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm

"Quite. I shall leave it to your discretion. A direct assault would be suicide with our current numbers, but perhaps we could be clever about it."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 pm

"We could try to get Trip's crew involved if we want to do somethin' big."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

"And perhaps the other tribes, if they are being similarly targeted. That would be a gamble, however."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm

"Ooohh, if you go into their camp, I could get..."

Merric stops for a second as he considers his words an extra time, trying to figure out another way to put it than usual.

"Sense through you. Gwen and I can use our gifts from the true god to in order to communicate all that you sense to the rest of us."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:52 pm

"Well what do ya want to do boss? I'm good with consolidating strength if we can, but if we can get a payoff without riskin' our necks all the better."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm

"Hmm. Going in alone could be risky. How would everybody feel if I go along with him?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:19 pm

"I am a businessman, not a tactician. Still.... Perhaps we should try approaching the locals."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 am

"How can you run a business without some tactical plannin'?"

Varsk will rub his face in frustration and to mop off the sweat. Just another rich kid 'running' a business.

He will sigh and say,
"Ya, maybe it'd be worth checkin' if they're interested."

To Artho,
"You okay with taggin' along for that?"

To Gwen,
"Can you find their camp?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:50 am

"I think I will be able to. Getting in there undetected would be bery tricky though. But we are on a time limit, we don't know when they are going to do this ritual."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am

Syli frowns. "If we're trying to rally the locals..." She pauses. "Something's still weird about it, but it might still be worth checking out the druid's message. If they're willing to take these lizards down a couple pegs, they'd be very powerful allies in such an attack. And if they're doing something weird and unnatural, we might have an angle to get them to act."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 pm

To Gwen,

"We don't even know if there is a ritual or somethin'. They could just be eatin' folks. This point if we can figure out if the Morley's are at the lizard's camp it would be worth another 150. If we can manage to get them back alive it would be," he will glance at Artho and smoothly change what he is saying, "a bit more. So ya, don't really matter if they are doin' a ritual or just makin' dinner - time is important. We gotta get our asses movin'."

To Syli,

"You'd know best about our chances with the giant panther treehuggers. I like our odds better with them if ya think there's a chance they'd help out."

To everyone, but lookin' at Mehr,

"I recommend we start by heading back to where Syli, Gwen and I were last night to find our way to the druids. If we can pick up Trip's group along the way, we should try to convince them ta join up in killin' the lizards. It'd be nice ta check on the other lizards to see if they wanted a piece but without knowin' how far south they are now it probably ain't gonna be worth the time spent searchin'. I also strongly think we should go now."

He will even take a few steps in the direction they came from to indicate the need to move.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 pm

"That sounds good to me... Artho, you good to come see if we can make nice with the kitties?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 pm

"Perhaps I should continue my journey south and make contact with the clan there?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:07 pm

"Mn, if you intend to continue your work we will not attempt to impede you."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:34 am

"Might be a good idea. See if they're interested in our little plan here, if you're offerin'. Problem is, if they are how are we gonna coordinate? You think you can find us again?

And before you head out, you know anythin' about the lizards' horn blast pattern here? Could be that we can lure them into a fight of our choosin' or away from their camp."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

Artho does not seem reassured by Mehriv's vague reply.

To Varsk, he says: "We would likely need to arrange to meet again, but it will likely take several days to reach the southern clan and return. ...if I am able to find them.

The horns seem to be an alert system. I am not certain what it means, beyond signalling when someone has entered a part of their territory."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:10 pm

"Don't know what your mission is but if we can work together to our mutual benefit I don't think we'd mind havin' someone that knows their way round a swamp."

He will glance around for confirmation before continuing,

"You do what works for you but the way I see it our best shot out here is with numbers."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Syli raises an eyebrow as Varsk starts expressing his impatience. Nevertheless, she still couldn't help but agree that they were wasting time here, time they didn't necessarily have. "...so I guess the plan is to meet with this druid or druids, then? Guess I can't really think of a better plan, despite how low the bar's been set here."

If the group decides to move out, Syli once again assists with retracing their steps.

--Survival (+3): 15

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 pm

"That sounds good to me... compared to the lizard folk, anyone not immediately hostile out here is a potential ally."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm

"compared to the lizardfolk we've met here so far, anyway. The ones I knew back home weren't bad. From the sound of things, the tribe here has been influenced by some kind of powerful being. Perhaps even, as unlikely as it may seem, some kind of dragon. The other tribes in the area might just be willing to help get these under control before they wreck things for everyone. Seems like we could use the help, with the time we had of things yesterday.

Still, Artho knows the locals and we don't. I could maybe accompany him? But I of course defer to the boss."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 am

"If your group can spare you, I would welcome the company."