The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm

"Hush now, little lady. Your magic isn't strong enough to make someone that much more foolish. Nor would you have been able to kill her had I not fired those magic missiles. Had I not done that, perhaps she could have been talked down. No, the blame does not fall upon you. That is the duty of the leader. That goes for all of you. So long as you follow my lead it is me who bears the sins committed." Despite his speech, Mehr doesn't seem particularly bothered.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm

"Oh. Good to know. Unrelated, anyone know the way to the closest jeweler's?" Syli asks.

...it's difficult to tell whether she's joking or not.

At any rate, Syli's gonna spend some spare time tracking down a pawn shop to pawn the miscellaneous jewelry/silverware she's carrying (which roll would you like for that?).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 pm

((Spider-me doesn't recall what shops Korrik-me would have been past, but I have wandered the town a bit, so might know something? Can I roll something to recall?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 pm

"I'm not leading the way to theft."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:06 pm

"Wait, we're knocking over a jewelry store? As long as Mehr leads, it's his sins! Whaddya say boss, your lady friend need some shiny things to cheer her up?", I remark with a joking laugh.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 am

((Sorry for the delay - I had to do a little archive diving to remember what you guys have found already. You don't ned to roll to know that you've definitely passed jewelers on the main commercial street leading up to the temple, and there's a pawn shop around the corner from the bordello near your own shop. Mehriv also found the Jewellers and Gemcutters Guild earlier in the day.

Using the jewelers will likely incur a larger handling fee; using a pawnshop will probably get you less gold for the sales. You guys do also have a shop of your own, so unless you need the money immediately (which you might prefer, considering you're pretty broke), you can always leave the stuff with Otho and have him try to sell it while you're away)).

It's going to take you about half an hour to walk to the merchant district from the farm; it's a bit more than an hour to get back to your shop. All the shops and markets in town will close at sunset (6pm), so you'll have about half an hour to make any deals. You've probably only got time to visit one place before things close for the day. If you go home to the shop, you'll have the evening to examine your loot properly yourselves and decide what to do with it if you'd rather leave it to Otho.

At any rate, it's up to you what you want to do / where you want to go next. Just let me know :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm going to suggest we let Otho sell the mean, at least. Build a bit of a name for our store having good quality goods. Maybe not have the jewelry, in case people start claiming we're the ones that stole it.
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Syli sets course for their store. As her happy buzz continues, she ponders the jewelry at her side... y'know, if that bird was magical, maybe that gnome had found some other magical items as well...

((Heading back to the store, going to spend some time with the rats and check over the jewelry we looted. It's belatedly occurring to me that the jewelry might be magical as well.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 am

((Do we need a liquor licence to sell the mead? Might sound silly in a fantasy setting, but if there is a tavern and bottle shop guild we need to clear it with...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:22 am

((Mehr's been to the merchant's guild, and bee informed by their guild head that he won't need any- Wait, no, that was guild membership. Licenses might be different...))
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 am

((You have a standard trading permit, which says you can sell whatever you want to sell. You do know that if you start selling magical goods without the sponsorship of one of the Seven Families is likely to tread on some toes, but there's nothing strictly illegal about it.

I don't feel like getting too far into the details of a trading-beurocracy simulator :) )).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 am

((Ok, so Syli's going back to the store, I assume Kal is tagging along. What are the rest of you doing?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 am

((Doh, I wrote one out the other day, but it must not have took..))

I head back to the shop with the others. "Hey Kal, don't suppose you have some needles and thread and the like, do you?"

((How ill fitting is my new shirt?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:33 am

((It's a good length, but about twice as wide as it should be. Dwarf kids are apparently a really weird shape.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

I pull my arms in, spin the shirt around, and gathering up the excess material at the back, knot it off so I'm not swimming in it quite as much before spinning it back around again.

"That'll work for now... if anyone sees a shirt store on the way back to the shop, let me know please."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:51 am

Walking back to the shop along the now-familiar riverside road, Korrik keeps his eye out for clothes shops. Syli remembers seeing roughspun work clothes for sale in the chandlers and Gwen and Mehriv remember seeing some basic clothes for sale in the General Store as well. Korrik and Kal remember sheltering from the rain in that fancy tailors in the Temple District yesterday.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 am

((Yeah, that tailor is probably outside the current budget.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am

(So are you going to pass on buying a new shirt? Or do you want to check the other shops?)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Needle and thread? I thought I'd packed them. I meant to. But I can't find them in my pack. Well, except for the leatherworking kit. Might work for a rough job, but I'm not very good with it...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:13 pm

((I'm not aware of the others.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

((Fair enough. If no-one else responds soon I'm happy for it to have come up in conversation "behind the scenes" after your initial question if you are though. It's not exactly secret info))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:34 pm

I wouldn't mind buying a sewing kit and practicing with it, though the results would obviously be less than professional.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 pm

((Sure, you can swing by the general store on your way back if you like?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

I'll tag along with Kal then, I may not be proficient with sewing, but I figure it's probably come up, and I've got nimble fingers... if I know they've shirts there, so much the better.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

The group head back into town, eventually reaching the sleazy bars and brothels that seem to define the southern side of the river. The crowds are busy but Syli simply rolls her eyes at the delay and leads the party through a maze of sidestreets and alleyways. It's definitely a shortcut, but the rest of you lose track of the twists and turns pretty quickly until you finally emerge on the south side of the market square. Korrik and Kal duck off to visit the General Store while the others head back to D&D 5e Headquarters to examine their haul.

((Does anyone in the party have any experience of appraising treasure? Doesn't have to be formal knowledge; even pickpockets and thieves need to know what they've lifted.

EDIT: I'm assuming Korrik and maybe Syli have some knowledge? Otherwise, Darruk is a dwarf and I think his Stonecunning will at least apply to gemstones))

-------------------

Inside the General Store, the little old proprietor has fallen asleep and is snoring gently in a chair behind the counter.