The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Gwen chuckles a bit at the gnome's usage of clothing. "That's not how you wear that, hun. People tend prefer if others cover their breasts and groin."

insight, per: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 am

Syli rolls her eyes at the proceedings. Nevertheless, she keeps watch as the group sets off again.

Perception (+5): 15

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm

As the party prepare to leave, Korrik catches the gnome give just the barest glance back to the tree as if she's double-checking something but doesn't want to be obvious. It's the sort of look that often gives away inexperienced smugglers to the wrong people and he knows it pretty well... Syli also notices the look, but instead follows the gnome's gaze to the base of the tree stump.

But the look takes only a brief second and she is quickly gesturing for the group to head off to find these hunters of hers, pointing the way towards the path with a mischievous grin.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Onward! Unless somebody who saw stuff wants to do stuff.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:52 am

I follow her glance, but don't see anything.

((Keeping silent now, but watching her more carefully than before. If I notice Syli noticing, I'll exchange a look with her.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:24 am

((Sure. You would know the gnome looked back at the camp, but not exactly where she checked. And unless Syli says she's actively hiding her own check, you're fine to notice each other noticing.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:32 am

Then if I notice her noticing, and she notices me noticing her noticing, I'll just raise an inquisitive eyebrow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 am

(I'm fine with noticing noticing, will post once back home tonight.)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Syli moves a bit closer to Korrik, and when the gnome isn't looking, murmurs, "You saw that, right?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:12 am

I raise two fingers of my right hand to beside my right eye and give a nod.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 am

((are you guys planning to act on your shared information in any way, or are you waiting on me to move you on?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 am

((I think we are ready to move on, she was acting hinky, but neither of us saw what she was looking back at, I'm don't think it was enough for me to call halt and run back and check her tree over though. Along the way, I may tap Mehr on the arm and have him fall back a bit to let him know.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 am

Ok, I wasn't sure about what Syli wanted to do or how much she's sharing... She knows the gnome looked back at the tree, and also noticed this when you arrived:
thinkslogically wrote:Syli's keen eyes notice an odd bundle of twigs and leaves hidden in the shadows inside the hollow that don't look quite natural, but she'd need to get closer to be sure.
((Just to be clear, you're welcome to ignore all of this, but the pace isn't exactly super fast for this game, so just making sure you guys aren't forgetting stuff your PCs might have acted on)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Ah, actually, as we begin to walk, I'll tap Gwen on the arm and have her fall back a bit with me.

"The gnome was giving an odd look at the tree as we left, Syli saw it too. I'm kind of getting a hinky feeling from her. Would you mind using your... mind talking thing to let the others know to be alert?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:28 am

"I could double back, but you'd have to keep her occupied to notice I'm not here," Syli states quietly.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 am

Gwen nods and communicates mentally to each of her teammates individually (since I dont think i can do it as a group). <Korrik and Syli saw the gnome looking at the tree oddly and they think she is suspicious. Korrik wants us to be alert for anything.>

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:58 am

The gnome happily wanders along with you, currently oblivious to your discussions. You return to the crossroads where the path split into 2, one leading towards the hunters trail, one now leading back towards town and the snake tree, and the path behind you obviously leading back to the tree stump.

It occurs to you that you're not particularly sure where to find these hunters...

However, anyone who was paying attention will remember that the gnome said earlier that the pair who attacked her smelled of tamarind and smoke.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Mehr... Doesn't really know where one would find Tamarind.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:15 pm

(My nature roll said that tamarind isn't very common where Kal grew up. Which is nice because I don't like tamarind. But someone in the party recognized the tamarind seed she showed us when she pointed to where it grew.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Oh, then we can just go the direction she'd pointed.
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Syli sighs. She wasn't feeling particularly charitable to the gnome, considering she was likely playing them for fools. But it wasn't like she had anything better to do anyway... "Hunters will have probably moved on, or at least made camp further away; if we pick up their trail, should be simple enough to track 'em."

Heading over to the hunter's trail, she examines the ground to try and determine which way the hunters went after their confrontation with the gnome.

Syli Survival (+3): 12

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Well, she's with us. She can lead us. If that's where we want to go. (I'm a little lost as to what happened. I thought at first that the "hunters" were beekeepers who took potshots at her to chase her away from the hives. And there was talk of her having hoodwinked us when it seems more like she has a nonhumanoid perspective on things and maybe a mischievous streak. None of which Kal can comment on because the conversation took place in a language he doesn't know. Which is fine because I'm too tired to think straight anyway. So Kal is just following along, trusting that Syli knows what she's doing.)

Also, to be clear, what my nature roll showed was that Kal had no idea what she was showing us. (I think I got a 3 or something terrible.) Saying it doesn't grow near his home is just one possible interpretation.

ETA: Seeing Syli examine the trail, Kal decides to give his own tracking skills a go, and help her out if he can.

Survival: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Kal and Syli cast around the path. It still looks as well-traveled as the last time you examined it, and you excitedly follow what looks like a recent trail of bootprints towards the small hill and overlook before realising with annoyance that they are most likely your own prints from earlier.

Scampering over to the small overlook with surprising spryness, the little old gnome woman regards the forest canopy for a few moments, then tugs at Kal's sleeve and rattles the brown seeds at him before pointing towards the north-east.

I'll take perception checks from anyone who wants to make one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kal's interpretation of why he doesn't know stuff is fine by me :))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 pm

I see all the things.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!