Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Mehr stretches as the others wake up, "Where did we need to go from here, Syli?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Syli yawns and rubs her eyes. "From here...? Well..." She says, blinking blearily. Briefly using Druidcraft to get her bearings, she starts off to the southwest... ish...

Survival (+3): 10

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 pm

((Isn't Varsk in the lead with Syli assisting for advantage?))

Varsk glances up from his breakfast to Syli,

"Wait, you don't want me up front again?"

Survival (+2): 17 (with or without advantage)

Varsk grumbles at the rush so he can't finish eating but takes the lead and with Syli's aid gets them heading right.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:09 am

Merric cares not about stealthing, the true god will protect him!

Merric stealth: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Druid Group

As Mehriv wakens the group, Syli is on her feet and heading off again within mere minutes, leaving the others hurrying to catch up as they hurriedly shove a bit of cold breakfast into their mouths and shoulder their hastily-packed backpacks.

Syli casts druidcraft, then remembers that it doesn't help her find her way around, and just uses her eyes instead. Varsk hurries to catch up, and helps keep the group on track and heading (as far as they can tell) towards the SE.

The group continue walking through the morning, the ground gradually rising upwards as they walk, until by mid-morning, they are walking on dry, packed dirt. The trees are still densely packed together, but you notice they are starting to get much taller than lower down in the swamp. Vines and epiphytes tangle around the trunks; birds and monkeys squawk and call to each other; butterflies swirl above your heads; and the ground is alive with lizards, ants, spiders, scurrying about their business. Every once in a while, small furry animals that you don't recognise bounce past, or pause to stare before fleeing into the safety of the forest. You are all once again struck by the vibrancy of the forest, and how alive the place feels.

You call a halt at around noon. Gwen's estimates of your travel time suggest that the pool should be somewhere nearby, but there's no immediate sign of it.

It is around 12 noon. (+1 day)

---------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

Kal: Stealth: 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14
Artho: Stealth: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16

The group continue southwards, with Artho doing an excellent job of keeping Merric from making too much noise. Progress is slow, and they are forced to make a couple of annoying detours to keep out of sight of the lizardfolk patrolling in the trees above, though the frequency of the patrols is less than it was earlier in the day. You wonder if some have in fact been recalled to their camp like Artho suspected...

As the sun begins to dip towards the horizon, you spot another guard post in the trees about 100 feet away from you to the west. From that same direction, you can hear the sounds of two voices, seemingly in the middle of a heated argument. Kal recognises some of the sounds as Draconic, but at this distance is not able to be certain, and definitely can't make out what is being said.

It is around 5.30pm. (+0 days)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:55 pm

((The voices sound like they are coming from the ground? And did we really form a party to go parley with the lizardfolk tribe in which none of us speak their language?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Give me a perception check please.

((And to be honest, it's only Kal and Mehriv who speak draconic, so at least you've got one of the two :) You guys actually have quite an interesting spread of languages))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Sitting and munching while making sure nothing crawls up his pants Varsk asks between bites,

"So where ya think this pond is Syli? Can you do somethin' druidy to find it like talk to a leaf?"

He will gesture absently at the trees around them.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:57 pm

"Perhaps we had our course off slightly. We may pass by thee destination if so."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Rodgeir wrote:Sitting and munching while making sure nothing crawls up his pants Varsk asks between bites,

"So where ya think this pond is Syli? Can you do somethin' druidy to find it like talk to a leaf?"

He will gesture absently at the trees around them.
((I don't know why I find this so funny, but if this is what Varsk thinks of druids it's both adorable and awesome :D

Also burns is out of the forum for now, so if you have any actions you'd like to nominate for Gwen go ahead))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Being all the way down here, it's hard to tell just how high up other folks voices are coming from.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah, it's pretty hard to tell. The voices are faint enough that they certainly could be coming from somewhere close to the guard post at least - they're certainly not much closer than that. You can't see anyone moving that would tip you off though.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 am

thinkslogically wrote:
((I don't know why I find this so funny, but if this is what Varsk thinks of druids it's both adorable and awesome :D ))
((That is pretty much how he sees them. Not had a lot to do with them in the big city! He is going be pretty underwhelmed with Syli :lol: ))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Rodgeir wrote:"So where ya think this pond is Syli? Can you do somethin' druidy to find it like talk to a leaf?"
"...good question." Syli frowns, looking at her 'map' again. "Following this thing is a bit like trying to shoot a target with a bow while blindfolded. I can't tell if we just haven't gone far enough, if we've maybe gone too far, or if we're actually off-course."

"Gwen, let's take a look around. We might be right next to it and not realize it. And if not... well, then our options get a whole lot uglier."

Leaving the other two to take a short rest, Syli sets out with Gwen and walks the extreme edges of the perimeter of their ad-hoc resting site, attempting to catch a glimpse of this pool.

Syli Perception (+5): 22 w/ Adv, 18 w/o

((Not sure if Gwen could lend advantage with this or not. I rolled with advantage, but included both numbers just in case))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Sure thing, or you can opt for her to use a survival / nature roll instead if you prefer.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:47 pm

I'd like to ready my shortbow and see if I can get a visual.

((Presuming you'd like another stealth roll...))
Stealth if needed: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes Gwen will aid for the check.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:30 am

Varsk will watch Gwen and Syli wander off from his sitting position without comment before turning his head to Mehr.

"How's my job performance been so far?"

He will suck a bit of food from his back teeth before continuing.

"Seems like your crew could use someone with experience runnin' things day to day. I have a fair bit of experience doin' that and wouldn't mind stayin' on if we survive this (waves a hand at the surroundings). I was wonderin' if you are set on keepin' this business a sole proprietorship or'd consider addin' a partner. Junior partner of course."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:26 am

Mehr waits for the ladies to finish the inspection, rather than risk becoming lost, "You have certainly proven your combat potential, though your navigation has been... Hit and miss." Mehr bares his fangs in a grin, "Altogether a suitable employee. What would your mercenary companions think of you leaving service so freely, though? What should I think of it, hm?" A shrug before he continues, "Well, you've not abandoned everything at the first sign of danger, so that's a good sign. As for partnership, if that comes for anyone it would have to be Korrik. While my funds and contacts started this venture, and my clan name provides opportunities, his knowledge and connections got it off the starting block. Well, the business is still small, so there is little difference between proprietor and employee."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:37 am

Varsk will give a wry grin back,

"I'm a damn fine navigator, just all these trees get in the way here."

"If they are still alive my mercenary companions won't care. Had to buy my way into their party, they keep their money and I go my way. Gonna be a win for them far as they care."

Shrugging,

"Some threats you run from and stab in the back later some you just stab. Problems out here seems to fall in the stab now category. Either way I've learned to take care of loose ends."

"Korrik's a good guy but not really much of a manager...more a face guy to charm folks."

He holds up his pointer finger,

"Not much difference now but with business you gotta plan for tomorrow if you want to be successful. Sounds stupid but lots of folks don't bother and loose their shirts, if only that. Keep in mind I'm interested, and a partner has got more stake keepin' the business goin'."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 am

Merric will try to hide as Korrik scouts out the talking. He'll offer his "blessing" to Korrik so he can watch over him should anything go bad.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:16 am

I tense, then sigh and just give into it as Merric latches on for a hug that lasts way too long. That boy needs a talking to about personal space, but while trying to sneak about isn't the time for it. Later then.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Druid Group
While Syli and Gwen head off to scout out the surroundings a little, Varsk takes the opportunity for a little chat with Mehriv about a future in which he gets to be everyone else's boss. Mehriv is lukewarm.

Syli and Gwen head out into the forest, but after circling around for half an hour, there is still no sign of any sort of pool. It would probably be easier to find if it wasn't for all the damn trees. Just looking for this thing could take hours.

-----------------------------

Korrik grudgingly accepts Merric's hug-blessing and sneaks off towards the guard post. Artho draws his bow and hunkers down to provide cover.

Korrik hears the argument grow increasingly heated, then the voices hush each other, and continue in angry, muted tones. They are definitely coming from the guard post above in the trees.

((Did you want to take Kal with you for translation purposes, or not risk the noise?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 pm

((I think Merric explained that he can 'be inside us' in a way that was eventually less creepy and more actually informative about how his 'Gaze of Two Minds' thing works? He could attempt to relay overheard phrases to Kal for translation.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler