The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Okay I guess Gwen can talk to some of the crowd and see why they do not like magic, and maybe hopefully change thier minds? :mrgreen:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:53 pm

ok, let's break this down into hours... I'll pop instructions in the main thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 am

I need to get around to compiling some info for TSW like Thinks has done for the start of this game's OOC...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:37 am

Feel free to discuss individual story threads in here by the way - you guys are good at not meta gaming, and you're very welcome to the usual sort of "table talk" about other people's actions, what's happening with them or their npcs etc.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Away for the weekend again. Kal will continue as planned. Help out in the temple, get to know people and the city, etc. He'll gently pry for more information about the Morley family if he can.

Table talk: Korrik's new halfling friend says you can't do business without guild approval and a Family patron? Do we think Mehriv's noble blood is good enough or should we be looking up guilds and trying for a more formal relationship with the Family?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Bah! We work on the bad side of town, I doubt guards would care as much.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 pm

It's less about guards and more about muscling in on trade. However, you guys are good to go as legit business folk - your rent on the shop is paid for the month and you have your trade permit to operate in he city. You only really need a family patron if you're looking to get into trading magical stuff (though I think you are). Guild membership is what's stopping the halfling from getting a job in town, because no one is willing to pay the 5gp a month for his training but you guys don't need jobs so you don't need guild membership (though you may require low maintenance staff and Kal might be interested in the woodworkers...).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 am

Hey, found this online and thought you guys might find it useful:

Summary of Easy to Miss Rules

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 am

I've done a quick update on the NPC lists for you guys. Let me know if you spot anything else missing, but I'll do a more thorough check tonight.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 30, 2017 8:46 am

What do you intend to convey by "exotic looking"? Like she may not be entirely human?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 am

I guess that she looks "foreign". She dresses differently to other women you've seen in Hightown and she's both taller and paler-skinned than the humans you've encountered so far on your travels through Estermark and the edges of Caero.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 am

Ok, cool.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 am

Since they seem to not be in he front page PC notes, can I get burns and Nioca to post your traits, fkaws, bonds and ideals please? I'm missing a flaw for Korrik too but I think spider just posted it this morning in-game so I'll lift it from there.

Dlover, if you want to amend your flaw, you're welcome to make up something more fitting if you'd like? You don't have to stick to the list, as long as it's a genuine character flaw :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 30, 2017 9:47 am

I...I forgot what they were *shame* all i remember was the flaw having to do with something about going great lengths and risks for knowledge.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 am

Ok cool. We'll potentially need these going forward (it helps me know when you guys should get inspiration if nothing else), so if there's any chance you can post some new ones that'd be handy :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 30, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm short on sleep from this past weekend (in part because we were busy, in part because my blood sugar was out of whack) and I've got a busy day tomorrow, too. So... Kal is going along with the group. But my brain is mush and my time is limited, so I'm not going to be contributing much in the way of insightful questions and such. Hopefully, Kal's forest dwelling experience will come in handy later, when we prepare to venture forth. However we end up making the trip.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue May 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Here you go. I actually changed Syli's flaw, because as I've actually played the character, I felt this flaw was a little closer to the mark than what I had selected.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks Nioca! And no problem wears :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 30, 2017 5:48 pm

I'll think about it later, when I get home, but I may change my flaw to something relating the Noblesse Oblige, so Mehr feels, as a noble, obliged to do what he can for the less fortunate. I'll make it into more of a flaw.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Sure, sounds good.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 30, 2017 6:19 pm

...so what I posted about my bonds and stuff did not go through, huh. Okay lets do this again.

Origin: Bounty Hunter
Personality: I'm driven by wanderlust that led me away from home
Ideal: Change. Life is like the seasons, constantly changing and we must change with it
Bond: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it
Flaw: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Ok, that can work :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Flaw: I believe nobility are obliged to aid the less fortunate wherever possible.

Something like that? What do you think?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 am

As long as it actively disadvantages you it's ok (e.g. giving more than you can maybe afford to charity / taking on scoundrels in the hope of turning them around and ending up robbed).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 am

Maybe not in the case of giving money, because that's needed to support his employees, but being willing to aid those who can't provide a reward, trying to support insincere people, and the likes would work. Half the crew's already scoundrels anyway. :p
My game:

My characters: