The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 am

So this was a pretty bad timing to get sick, but what did the bat want to say to Merric? :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 am

"Before you can fight crime, you must learn to dress like me."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 am

what wears said! Exactly that :lol:

I'll get you a bat update shortly.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 am

Okies, so looks like we need a group decision on whether to go back and kidnap one if the bridge scouts, or press on quickly, deeper into the forest.

If you don't care either way, let me know that too so we can move on :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 am

I vote for deeper in the forest.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 am

I'm fine either way.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 am

Deeper into the woods!

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 am

I vote we press onward into the forest.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 am

I'm fine with Deeper and given the ritual I might not even have suggested the other route :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:02 pm

So the bridges you've seen so far have mostly been heading in a SE direction (or so Syli has been assuring you :) ). There have been a few bridges leading off in other directions, but you've not really been exploring them much, in favour of moving forwards.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Ok, so you guys have stopped early enough that you haven't moved into the open yet. If someone is still tailing you, you haven't noticed them as yet, and of anyone's ahead, you haven't noticed them either (with your passive checks, because no-one's made an active check yet).

If some of you want to try and hide at the back and ready combat actions in case something happens with Gwen and Korrik, you can totally do that. If you want to duck down to the forest floor and spread out a bit, you can do that too. You do have more options than just walking across the bridge if you want to prepare in other ways too.

Anyway, I'm not trying to push you in one direction over another or anything, just wanting to make it clear that you do have a bunch of options available to you if you're feeling trapped in the tree :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Nudging this, because we're still waiting on actions from Gwen then Mehriv to move on.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Before anyone thinks of it, we can't retreat using Mending to fix the damaged vines. It takes a minute to cast.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Heh. Never crossed my mind.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 am

It's a bit unclear, but did the lizardfolk move further away so there is more than 120 ft between them and Merric? He won't move on to the bridge because it would block the escape for the other two.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:36 am

If we head over behind our highest AC person, most taking the Dodge action, we might be able to make our way to the tree...

Of course, we run the risk of them taking out the bridge we are crossing, so dropping the few on the other side quickly would be a priority for those with range...

If we get closer, those with EB might be able to hit the other bridges and limit the central tree from getting reinforcements...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:07 am

Kal has the best AC (18), and he can use his shield to impose disadvantage on any attacks made against allies within 5 feet. So he could take point. He's certainly willing. But Varsk has AC 17, which is nearly as good. If he goes first and Kal goes second, depending on GM ruling (given the restricted movement and the need to keep one hand on the bridge while moving), he could potentially shield Varsk and whoever is third. So Varsk would be the main target, but he'd have the high AC plus cover whereas Kal can't (if I'm interpreting right) use his fighting style to protect himself.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:07 am

Yeah the protection reaction is not usable on yourself, but V would be possibly granting you +2 AC from cover. I think it's a straight shot, so they would have difficulty hitting folks in the back... Suppose that might depend on the dip in the bridge.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 pm

So the plan is to have Varsk take the lead with Kal right behind him as they run across the bridge? Better than just sitting around waiting for their reinforcements.

What keeps them from cutting the bridge out from under us though? Varsk could nearly be across the bridge in a turn using up his action surge but I doubt that would be a great idea, though it may distract them from the others crossing?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Eldritch blasting anyone who tries? Not sure what sight lines the blasters have in they move, might need to stay put and hold action to blast anyone who tries? Archers may be able to stay back too, let melee move across and establish a position on the far side?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Probably the best idea. Establish a foothold while the ranged give covering fire. The lizards will probably be less tempted to cut the bridge if we aren't all on it.

I am up for this plan, though I am going to bed now. Varsk will start dashing across next turn (presuming Kal's got his back).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 am

Varsk, if you move, you'll be leaving Kal's protection behind, but may be able to hold a dash action to move forward as he begins to if you want to play it safe. Or just go for an all out charge... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:33 am

Yeah... I don't really know how to run group tactics within the RAW initiative system since you all have to act individually. I think we'll stock to raw for now, but I might look into group tactics / modified initiative systems later.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 am

So, should Varsk just dash to get over there and start laying about him with his maul or should we stay together on the bridge another round? I am nervous about staying on the bridge with them hiding.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:14 am

It might be a trade off, moving together keeps us more protected, but taking more time/attacks/etc. Dashing across is more dangerous, but for less time. If you dash, Korrik can keep pace (max movement of 105ft - difficult terrain to possibly move though Kal).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler