The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Coyote is the trickster god...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:34 pm

I know why those seeds sound familiar to me, we sell them! I know what some properties are irl :o

But does Gwen?
Nature: 1D20-1 = [17]-1 = 16

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:45 pm

the question really is, do I? hahaha!

Gwen knows as much as Syli does - those are tamarind seeds, and are often used as a spice in cooking. Beyond that, shes not sure of any particular medicinal or magical properties. An extra local source of food is always nice to know about though!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Okay so its not really locsl but I do know it can be used in tea and drinks. The meat is chewy and sweet. The seeds are highly toxic and might be (not sure sbout this) potentially lethal. On the box it comes with says 'do not eat seeds' so it is at least dangerous.

...Also it looks like dried poop when in shell and gooy poop out of it's shell. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:00 pm

I've had tamarind sweets before and theyre actually really nice. Apparently in RL it can be used to make a laxative tea (maybe thats what the warning's for!)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm

PS Darruk used one of his two spell slots to cast cure wounds at level 1 on the gnome. He has one level 1 spell slot left for the day, and if you'd like to use it on healing at any point you're very welcome to. Otherwise, he'll be waiting in the wings in case of emergencies :)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm

I'll wait until the druid responds to Gwen, but odds are, Syli's going to be having some very choice words with this moron in a few moments. :meh:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Sooo... Are you guys stuck or just not around?

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:13 pm

I sorta paused a bit to give others a chance to respond (Syli's been sort of dominating the spotlight this in-game day, or at least that's how it feels to me, and I don't want to lead the party around by the nose here).

And then real life happened, and I'm only just getting a chance to do anything online again as of 20 minutes ago.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:15 pm

No problem :) just checking! Different quests will cater to your different skills in different ways anyway so everyone will get their chance to do their thing as we go.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Me personally I want to smack the gnome upside the head for playing us for fools. Gwen won't so she'll wait for the others to respond after Syli called out her farce. No wonder hunters attack her though, she looked like a bear. She probably knows what she was doing is wrong.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Haha! Fair enough :) I'm just never sure how much nuance comes across in text compared to speaking, so don't want you guys to end up stuck because you got the wrong idea about something.

Feel free to ask in here if you ever want or need clarification, or if something just straight up doesn't make sense to you :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey folks, just a heads up that I'm off to a conference for a few days this week. It shouldn't interrupt our schedule too much, but I might be around a little less for the remainder of the week.

IIn the meantime, I think we're waiting on any responses to Mehriv, and if you guys have any precautions or whatever that you want to take, now's your chance.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:42 am

Think we're just waiting on a perception or insight roll from Syli then I'll move you guys on (and roll for Kal. If you have a perception / insight preference for him let me know otherwise I'll just use whatever he's better at).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:19 am

My entirely meta vote for Kal would be whichever we are lowest in so far (currently perception), but he's better at insight, and that probably fits his character more. I'm assuming Darr├╝k is doing a perception check on his feet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:56 am

yeah basically...

I'm not sure when LAYF will be back, but I suspect it won't be for a while so he's essentially just emergency healing for you guys.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am

thinkslogically on July 13th wrote:Think we're just waiting on a perception or insight roll from Syli then I'll move you guys on (and roll for Kal. If you have a perception / insight preference for him let me know otherwise I'll just use whatever he's better at).
Er...
Nioca on July 11th wrote:Syli rolls her eyes at the proceedings. Nevertheless, she keeps watch as the group sets off again.

Perception (+5): 15

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 am

Oh ok - I was looking for a specific check before you leave, but ill just use that one if you're good with it and don't want to do insight instead.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

You said Perception or Insight, and I figured I had already run an insight check. You didn't state what for, so... *shrug*

EDIT: Actually, hang on, the more I think about it, the more confused I'm getting. Did you want me to make both checks, or just one?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:48 pm

I just wanted one, basically it's to see if you guys notice something before you leave the tree or not.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 am

All right, I'm back from my conference now and have more headspace for this again! I'll get you guys an update this evening.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 am

Hey folks! So, I was about to post a brief recap of your current quest but I don't actually like doing that too much because my perspective is probably way different to yours as players.

So, since we've had a brief slow-down lately, would you guys mind doing a quick summary of the honey quest so far?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 pm

An apiarist has had honey stolen on several occasions and wants us to stop these happenings. After investigation, we found bear tracks on-site and followed them for a ways, until they changed to small footprints and a trail of blood. We followed the blood and found an old gnome who appears to be a druidic shapeshifter. To protect the honey, we've managed to get her to agree to stop stealing it and work with local hunters for food instead.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm

All righty, I think we're just waiting on input for Mehriv and Gwen's position in the marching order and they're taking any particular actions en route?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Gwen will be twoard the front to help delegations, and have a bit of distance if needed to spell sniper.