The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Uhhh...thinks? I don't think any of us are prof in nature. Can we still do the check?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Seems like Kal and I think Syli (It's hard to tell with that sheet) are. So Kal can make the roll, since Nioca seems intent on not telling anyone about what Syli finds.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Uhhh...thinks? I don't think any of us are prof in nature. Can we still do the check?
Nope, this one's subtle and would be the sort of thing only someone with proficiency would notice :) Also, it's another way of trying to make your different skills stand out a bit. Anyone can roll a d20 after all, but some things should probably require a bit of training or expertise.

But I think dlover's right - Kal's got nature proficiency (I'll roll for wears if he's not around tomorrow), and Syli must be since it's an INT check and her normal modifier would be +1.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 am

Ok, so just waiting to hear if Syli is going to share what she knows. Otherwise, is the plan to head east?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 am

I think it's about this point where we should climb down and start trying to be stealthy? Any disagreements on that?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:04 am

Depends on if Syli has told us about whatever she noticed, and if that impacts our course of action?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Kal says the forest is odd and not quite right so wherever we do we need to be careful. Going to stealth tactics would be our best bet. At the very least we would have more cover if we are seen.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am

Yes, I am aware that fey aren't necessarily evil malicious creatures. But Mehr is going to give as bad of an impression as he can to make sure nobody goes prancing off into the feywilds.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm

All right then, are you guys heading onwards to the lizards and away from the Fey forest bit? I'll do an update tomorrow if so :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Yep! Sounds like it!)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:17 pm

You CAN always split the party if you disagree with Mehriv's ruling...

After all, what could possibly go wrong? >:D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Quick, go slightly into feylands!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 am

If any of you step over the line and get attacked by magic sky sharks I am not saving you. :meh: :P
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:41 am

Thinks, have we had a short rest since the earlier encounter? We've stopped for periods since we've come out of the trees but I'm not sure if all together they are an hour or if it needs to just be a solid hour break.

Also, the woman running towards is coming from the same direction as the short horn blasts we've been hearing for the last half hour or so, right?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:53 am

No, you've been more or less constantly on the move and hiding from the lizardfolk scouts. A short rest takes an hour, and you've not had the opportunity yet.

But yes, the woman's voice is coming from the same direction as the horn blasts.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am

Ok, I'm working on a battle map for you guys. Can't promise it'll be done today, but it is in production :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 am

:O We're level 3? I completely missed that. For the first part, one extra hit dice increases Mehr's HP by the higher of 1d6 or 4 + CON (2).
1d6=6, +2 makes 8, so Mehr goes from 14hp to 22.

Second, Mehr gets one extra Sorcery Point. Nothing fancy there.

Next, he gets one extra Level 1 spell slot and... Two Level 2 spell slots. :o He also learns one more spell, so I get to learn a Level 2 spell.

Before I go into investigating the level 2 spells, though, I get two Meta Magic options. What did I say... Distant Spell and Twinned Spell? Were those the two it was recommended I take?

Now I'm going to take an age working out what Level 2 spell to take.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 am

No we are level 2. Not lv 3 yet. Anyways i think twined was one but...not sure on the other.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:13 am

Ah. Well, guess I don't have to work out what spell to take yet.

I'm keeping that max HP roll for when we do reach level 3, though.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:27 am

yeah sorry, I could have sworn you guys got to level 3 on the rivership, but it turns out I just made a bigger deal for level 2! My bad :oops:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:15 am

Actually, while we're talking about level 3, have any of you guys changed your plans for levelling up since the last time we talked about this?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 am

Shadow Monk still. Deflect Arrows would have been handy on the bridges!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Kal is still aiming for Ranger at level four. It pains him to be letting mother down with such rusty skills.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:29 pm

WearsHats wrote:Kal is still aiming for Ranger at level four. It pains him to be letting mother down with such rusty skills.
Multiclassing into ranger has the pre-req's of 13+ in both DEX and WIS. With a WIS of 12, Kal wouldn't technically qualify. Not sure what skill you were looking at, but keep in mind you get to pick one from Animal Handling, Investigation, Perception or Stealth. As far as getting less rusty, multiclassing at 4th would get you proficiency (+2) in one skill, but holding off and taking the ability score improvement split between two odd ability scores would increase multiple skills by +1, or you could put 1 in WIS to hit the 13+ requirement, and drop the other one in something like STR, which would bump your hit and damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:37 pm

That's why I'm waiting until level 4, when I can put a point into wisdom.

Rangers have useful capabilities, including being able to move and navigate through, say, swampy terrain.

More IC, his father is a priest, but his mother is a ranger, and he trained with both. As a wood elf with hunting experience, his woodcraft should be better. There have been a few times already where a dash of ranger would have helped him do what he felt he should have known how to do.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler