An Adventure in Aldra

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: An Adventure in Aldra

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 pm

ÔÇ£Your helping us to haul him to the nearest cohort detachment so that he can be taken back to the capital. Of course, he might resist the summons and then we will have to convince him to come.ÔÇØ

"An' if he's resisting, how much leeway we have with the convincin'? Him being a prince and all?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm

One-Eye looks nervously round at the group and then scurries out of the room to begin his search of the house (mostly interested in finding small valuables than evidence of the Prince though). He'll look for a private office or study or the prince's bedroom because private rooms often have private (expensive) things in them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

"And what sort of magical skills was he trained in? The more we know about what the prince can do, the easier it would be for us to plan how to track him down and hopefully capture him."

"....a flying cartography table...."

"Excuse me sir but I am no table, nor can I function as one. At least not well. I am a construct." Maker says, missing the point of being 'talked down'. He searches around the room for possible clues, looking for anything that may point the destination or time.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 pm

"Well, big talk from a man who can't find their target in one city. Well mister power insecurity, you can focus on the rest of your job, because we'll take care of finding him for you."

Dwar heads into the room and shifts into dog form, hunting for anything with a strong enough scent to use in tracking the man.
(Should I actually be making a Beast Wizard check?)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 pm

"Aren't you dead yet? And if not, want anything from the canteen...well the kitchen I've turned into the canteen...ÔÇØ

"Yes," Ignatius lies. "And this person is just an imposer who for some reason has decided he wants my job. Alas, friend, I'm quite alive. Unless you have plans to poison me or Redstar has commandeered all the coffee for his personal use." Noticing Aurora seems to be busy and might've said something about searching around (I'm in another room. I'm not certain how much I can overhear from in here) Ignatius follows this person back to the kitchens with an idea about checking for potential escape routes out of the apartments. Although...with the night's attack, the prince might've just as easily marched out the front door and no one would be any the wiser.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 am

"Don' sell yourself short, boy! All we need is some wood an' a carpenter and I'm sure we could make a fine table out of you!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm

OOC: Pardon the tardiness of this update but I've had some issues in that the computer with some of the reference materials decided to die last week.

"And what sort of magical skills was he trained in? The more we know about what the prince can do, the easier it would be for us to plan how to track him down and hopefully capture him."

"Like most Mar he's trained in force magic. If he has been trained in any other magics, then I haven't heard about it while in the Capital."

One-Eyed scurries out of the room and find himself in a large room that is bare of furniture but a single throne like chair on a pedestal (C). The walls are covered in tapestries which don't intrest him and so he continues on into a small anti-chamber beyond where there is a large display of lacquered wood armor. Here he notices a door inset into the paneling, not really hidden as much as just made unobtrusive, which he opens to discover a narrow staircase leading down (8) beyond that appears to be a bathroom without any windows (K), just a massive round skylight lighting the marble tub in the center large enough for two people...or maybe a whole orc.

One-Eyed then finds a bedroom with two plush beds two tall wardrobes, two dressing tables and two sets of drawers. He doesn't know where to start...

Dwar walks into the presence chamber (C) himself but stops to change into a dog...which he does with some issues and finds himself more a were dog than a real dog as he is still wearing his clothing. He goes into the anti-chamber (D) where he smells the humidity coming from the small, disguised doorway, and hears crying from the room beyond.

Ignatius replies to Grewar the Steward with sarcasm. Which is always good with a former Sargent. "Good, I'll get one of the lads to fetch some coffee...we're raiding the Prince's stash..."

Ignatius tries to follow the page who is assigned to fetch his coffee but gets stuck in the middle of the flow of young boys and girls running in and out of the pantry and down the stairs to the ground floor service level. Before he can get much father, Redstar calls out his name "Ignatius where the hell did he vanish to!?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:56 pm

One eye starts by checking under the bed.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Korbrok heads down to room 4.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Dwar shifts back, so as not to startle the source of the crying, before investigating. (I'm... Guessing it's coming from room F E, while the secret door is room 9 8?)
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Maker looks into room K, surveying it and trying to get clues.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Ignatius backtracks and presents himself to Redstar where he hopes Aurora is still present.

"No, he has not been killed by a falling piece of masonry or the Captain, nor has he suffered any paper-cuts,"
Ignatius grumbles, " I'm sure there is more important business than inquiries into his health." Maybe next time I should ask if you're not the one dead yet, Redstar.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Dining Room B

"No, he has not been killed by a falling piece of masonry or the Captain, nor has he suffered any paper-cuts,"
Ignatius grumbles, " I'm sure there is more important business than inquiries into his health." Maybe next time I should ask if you're not the one dead yet, Redstar.

Redstar stares at Ignatius for a moment, "Huh? No man I knew your were alive this morning...however there's a woman" Redstar makes the word sound as if it were some sort of rodent, "claiming self defense back there and a dead member of the Qin household. Go see if you can find out who she is and how she came to be shooting people early in the morning..."

Bathing Room (K)
Maker begins to inspect the room with a Mable tub at it's center and lit from above by dome with a skylight. Along one wall are two dragons sculpted out of bronze. Next to each is a handle which seems to be connected to it. Along another wall is a cabinet made of very small drawers inside being various spices and herbs and other materials ground up. A table contains a set of natural sponges as well as some ground pumice. In one corner is a small rope that seems to go through the cealing and floor. Pulling on the rope causes a bell to sound but nothing else happens.

Withdrawing Room (E)
Dwar finds himself in a large room is quite fancy with tapestries on the wall. Small tables with chairs have been set out with various games on them.

One of the tables is a mess upon the floor, a body covered by a sheet lies on it. The end of a cross bow bolt sticks up through a rent in the sheet it has made. A young woman in a fancy grey dress lays across the body crying.

Standing nearby is an armed man with a halabard and an annoyed look on his face. When you walk in he seems to light up for a second, realizes that your not his relief and goes back to standing over the woman and the body.

At another table sits a woman in a much fancier red dress. She is drop dead gorgeous with blue eyes and silver hair. She is toying with the little figures from a game on the table and looking bored. Standing next to her is another armed guard who has a halabard and a small cross-bow hung over his shoulder. He seems to be having a hard time not staring at the woman seated before him.

Servant's Hall
Kolbrok finds himself walking into an area with much lower cealings and quite a bit plainer walls. There seems to be desks and solid wooden furniture that indicate functionality rather than comfort. The room he stops in has two beds against the walls, but also a large table with wooden backed chairs. There is a hutch next to the fireplace with metal plates and cups.

An older man in a silk frock coat of dark blue is sitting at the table looking at the cold fireplace. The shine of the bald spot on his head is quite noticeable.

Bedroom
One eye looks under one bed and finds that the cleaning staff here have destroyed any dust bunnies. Obviously the palace staff are doing their jobs cleaning the place.

Under the other bed, one eye finds a small note that appears to have fallen from above. It is a folded peice of paper with a lock of hair and contains an another slip of paper. This seems to be something of a drunken scrawl...
"Your eyes are as pretty as the sea and as deep as a rose...For you every night I shall repose...Until that day when we have fled....and into my arms and bed..."
The folded paper has some additional writing.
It is the word 'Bettlebug' on it and several lines with arrows and markings to a small smiling face that looks like a cat...and the words "Happy Goblin" written next to it.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 pm

thinkslogically wrote:_: 2D6 = [3, 4] = 7
You know where the Happy Goblin is in the dells as it is a hang out for Goblin Pirates and other criminals.
You have heard of the Bettel as someone who effectively runs hired killers out of the Dells.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Cool. One eye pockets the note and searches the dresser.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Maker looks at the bell and wonders why a human would need such a device in a room of unimportance. He looks in room E

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Dwar glances around the room before approaching the seated woman, speaking quietly so as not to disrupt the grieving, "This seems like a bit of a complicated situation. Would you be able to explain miss?"
My game:

My characters:

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:55 pm

"Er, forgive me Captain, it's just.... after the...er....incident...one cannot be certain whom to trust." On second thought, I don't think Redstar is trying to kill me. I still think that any member of the staff here, though, could be a Qin agent. From what I've heard, someone let enough information slip into the prince's hands that our forces were completely blindsided.

"And speaking of women, where's the Cohort?" Since you seem to be done with your business with her and I don't seem to see her in here and someone is supposed to be keeping an eye on her.
[Unless Aurora is in the room still, in which case Ignatius does not need to wonder if she's run off and doesn't need to ask about her.]

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Korbrok sits down and silently offers the old man a hard boiled egg.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:45 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay on this but February and March have turned into Bears at work, and not the cute wee bears but massive Dire-Bears that think a full sized Mackerel is a but a snack.

"Er, forgive me Captain, it's just.... after the...er....incident...one cannot be certain whom to trust."
Redstar glowers at Ignatius for a moment, "Just keep an eye on your...team...neither one of us need someone asking us about missing imperial property..." As he says this he gives a hard glare at Aurora for some reason.

The Withdrawing Room, E
"This seems like a bit of a complicated situation. Would you be able to explain miss?"
The woman gives the Dwar a hard glance and then says with as much warmth as the depth of the sea, "He was going to kill me, I killed him first." She points at the body.

The woman who is weeping over hears her and turns towards them, anger and tears on her face, "You Navzuadid!, Of course he was going to kill you, your the one who betrayed the Prince to Zinthra...You deserve to die like pig." The woman in white suddenly leaps at the woman in red screaming a horrid grief, filled screech.

Servant's Quarters
The man at the table looks at the egg but does not take it. "I'm not hungry...are you here to kill me?" He asks quietly looking at Kobruk with sadness in his eyes.

Bedroom
The dresser is locked but quickly falls to one eyes capable hands to reveal undergarments, frilly silk and lace designed for elegant ladies of questionable virtue. Of course one eye has seen similar things before, but never in garments so expensive.

OOC: Navzaudid is an Emara word equating one to a creature who is descended from the unholy union of a dog and pig that eats said parent's defecation as a form of ritualized incest.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

"Eh? Now why would I be doing that?", Korbrok asks in puzzlement.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

One eye is impressed by the finery and the discovery spurs him on to find more valuable, sellable stuff.

If there's anywhere else still to check in this room, hell do that. If not, he'll go somewhere else that looks fancy (like a drawing room, private study or the like). Since he's looking for valuables, he'll pick an empty room rather than occupied ones.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Dwar puts himself between the women, "What exactly do you mean by that? How did she betray the prince?
My game:

My characters:

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 pm

((Welcome back!))

"Yes, Capt--" Ignatius focuses on the screeching, alert. It only sounds a few rooms away, we could get there and investigate. He quickly glances between Aurora and Redstar for direction.

If Aurora leaves to investigate, he will be following close on her heels. If Aurora stays put, Ignatius remains alert and tries to figure out what's the commotion by listening. If Aurora stays put, but Redstar leaves, he tries to ask "'Destruction of Imperial Property', eh?...I don't want to know, do I?" Of course, I bet there's records of the event somewhere. I'll just add it to my list of things I want to investigate about you. Unless,.....does Redstar think she set fire to certain...er....sections of the tax records? Oh dear....I could have sworn that entire incident was pure accident; perhaps one of the new recruits left a candle unattended. Young people these days...alas, what has the world come to?