After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welcome

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:43 am

S 6, 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
T 2
U 1
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 am

S- 5, 2, 3, 4 (so chickens are distracted while collecting), 1, 6
T2
U4
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Patdragon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:32 am

Going to give this a little longer to see if we can get at least one more vote.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby twistedstraka » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:09 pm

vote S- 1362415(yes I want to try and milk the cows twice)
Vote t- 4
Vote U- 1
twistedstraka
Of Few Words
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 am

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:27 am

Spoiler: show
Patdragon wrote:vote S- Chose the order eg 3.4.1.2.6.5 Not just one number for this vote
1. Milk the cows
2. Feed the cows
3. Collect eggs
4. Feed chickens.
5. Fetch water from the well for the animals.
6. Examine the calves further.

Once you’ve done all the jobs you ache and are quite tired and hungry. It’s still light and you have time to do something personal for a while.

What do you want to do?
Vote T
1. Explore the rest of the “base”
2. See if you can find an actual kitchen and get some food.
3. Go back to your room.
4. Something the puppet suggests
5. Something you suggest and needs other people's votes for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2084 - Shoot, run, charge they all seem like valid options, but retreating a little is needed just to stay out of the flames. You back up a little and try and use your smarts with something you just acquired like the landmine. You decide against throwing the landmine at the last moment as it might bring more attention out the back. Instead you take the knife you just looted and start wrapping some duct tape around the hilt and stab it into the ground. Unreeling more duct tape as you move to the left you take your original knife, cut off the reel and then wrap your own knife into the line of duct tape which you also stab into the ground making the line taught.

As the flame dies down a little and reveal your attacker once more you move into a position between your crudely made tripwire. Taunting the man with your puppet hand you retreat further back and he foolishly charge after you and somehow literally falls for your trap getting himself mildly tangled in tape. Hearing the thud as he hits the ground you quickly turn and fire your weapon. The first shot narrowly misses the tank on his back and then the second gets him straight in the top of the head and he slumps to the ground dead.

You take a moment to breathe and recover and think out what you should do next. You listen and other than the crackling of corn flames you don’t hear much else going on from the house. Lights seem to be on but you don’t see any movement there either. Then you hear more shots fired from inside what do you want to do next.

Vote U
1. Examine the odd electronic device.
2. Run into the house.
3. Run into the barn .
4. Wait where you are and loot the body of the flamethrower guy.
5. Circle the house to see what’s going on at the front.


S 5,2,4,1,3,6
T 1
U 4

(which odd electronic device are we talking about, anyways? The flamethrower?)
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Patdragon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:46 am

Your Continued Story in the Wasteland -

STATS  : Name: Octavius
S: 3 P: 6 E: 4 C: 6 I:7 A: 5 L:7
Equipment-2084 : Vault 77 jumpsuit [small bonus to melee]- Worn
Vault puppet – Worn
.44 magnum with speed loader
X.4 44ammo
landmine
Spade
SMG
Set of keys with fluffy pink keyring
A Holodisk
Pipboy 2000- Broken
Screw driver
Ductape
Small hammer

Perks : Puppet hand- You always wear a puppet on your right hand. You talk to it sometimes and it gives you advice. This gives some other people the creeps but it gives you sound advice in combat and tactics. It is a little homicidal though so the advice is not always to your best interests.

The Great Entertainer You focused on performing arts when you were at university and became very good at acting, singing, ventriloquism and other stuff. When you are entertaining, distracting or even lying to other people you are more likely to get a better result.

Farmhand You have a knack for working with farm animals and from now on when working with domesticated animals gain a bonus when working with, training, or trying to domesticate new animals.

Previous Turn Vote Results : 
vote S- Order of Jobs
5. Fetch water from the well for the animals.
2. Feed the cows
1. Milk the cows
4. Feed chickens.
3. Collect eggs
6. Examine the calves further.

Vote T
1. Per
2. See if you can find an actual kitchen and get some food. - Good
3. Av
4. Bad
5. Luck

Vote U
1. Examine the odd electronic device. - Av - Won the tie but AV so both effect!
2. Good
3. Per
4. Wait where you are and loot the body of the flamethrower guy. - Str - Failed
5. Bad

Older vote results : 
Vote A Results
1. (GOOD)
2. (CHA)
3. (AV)
4.(LUCK)
5. You must have woken up at some point and said you were a doctor before passing out again. (BAD)

Vote B
1. (BAD)
2. x3 frag grenade, x1 spear, stim pack (STR) Lost tie breaker
3. (PER)
4. (AV)
5. .44 magnum with speed loader, x12 .44ammo, Knife. (GOOD)

Vote C
1. (GOOD)
2. (AV)
3. Turn around and pee over the edge onto the noise. (LUCK)
4. (END)
5. (BAD)

Vote D
1. Tell them the truth... Your actually have doctorate in something non medical. (INT)
2. (AV)
3. (BAD)
4. (CHA)
5. (GOOD)

Vote E
1. Go straight to your designated spot of course. The one round the back of the farm house where the crops are growing. (Average wins so defaults to second highest)
2. Go in a long safe sweeping around the whole farm to your designated spot at the back. (GOOD)
3. (CHA)
4. (END)
5. (BAD)

Vote F
Winning names that were suggested
Octavius
Monkey
Quincy
Wanda
Actually my name is currently...

Vote H – No good/bad or stats just a name choice, however the second highest vote will what we call the puppet.
1.Octavius (Your name)
5.Actually my name is currently... (The puppets name)

Vote G
1. Geology (AV) - (Average ties so defaults to second highest)
2. (GOOD)
3. Performing arts. (CHA) Bonus Perk unlocked – The Great Entertainer)
4. (BAD)
5. (INT)

Vote I
1. (AV)
2. (AG)
3. Search the room for a weapon and hide it ready for use. (PER)
4. (BAD)
5. (GOOD)

Vote J
1. Ignore it for now and carry on waiting and keeping watch. (PER)
2. (STR)
3. (AV)
4. (BAD)
5. (GOOD)

Vote K
1. Grab the lamp and attack (BAD)
2. Mention it'd be a waste of the resources they've used to help him so far, if he didn't return it somehow. (GOOD- Three way tie random roll- lucky you guys)
3. Convince him your performing art skills are indeed useful. (CHA)
4. (LUCK)
5.(AV)

Vote L
1. Per
2. Wait and watch where he goes. (AV-Default to second highest)
3. Bad
4. Cha
5. Delay shooting him to see if anyone follows him. (Good)

Vote M
1.Jump from the bed and rush out with the lamp as weapon. - Good – Lost Tie breaket
2. Sneak to the closed door and listen - Ag
3. AV
4. STR
5. Bad

Vote N
1. AV
2. Circle in the corn to get angle on the barn. BAD- Lost tie breaker
3. Loot the dead guy. Luck
4. Dex
5. Good

Vote O
1. AV
2. Shut the door on the man.- Good
3. Bad
4. Str
5. Cha

Vote P
1. Good
2. AV
3. Dive into the cornfield taking pot shots. Per
4. Bad
5.(voter). Your own suggestion or vote on another player's suggestion. One player still needs most votes. Luck - Lost tie breaker

Vote Q
1. Kitchen duty - Good
2. EN
3. INT
4. BAD
5. AV

Vote R
1. GOOD
2. BAD
3. AV
4. EN
5. Attempt something unexpected. -LUCK

vote S- Order of Jobs
5. Fetch water from the well for the animals.
2. Feed the cows
1. Milk the cows
4. Feed chickens.
3. Collect eggs
6. Examine the calves further.

Vote T
1. Per
2. See if you can find an actual kitchen and get some food. - Good
3. Av
4. Bad
5. Luck

Vote U
1. Examine the odd electronic device. - Av - Won the tie but AV so both effect!
2. Good
3. Per
4. Wait where you are and loot the body of the flamethrower guy. - Str - Failed
5. Bad


2082 – You think over the jobs you need to do end up fetching water from the well for the animals first. You head to the shabby old well and fine a old metal bucket that you can wind and lower into the well. It's a good thing you did this first as lifting the water back up actually takes more energy than you expected after the first few times. You end up getting 20 buckets full of water which is plenty for both cows and chickens.
Heading on to feed the cows goes petty similar and hefting the bags of grain really takes it out of you and by the time it comes to milk the cows you are happy to sit down on a stool and pull away.
As the cows are fed, they are a bit more docile than had they not eaten beforehand. You find milking them whilst odd and awkward almost relaxing and quickly find you are finished. You trot off to find the actual kitchen with buckets of milk and deposit them in a quiet room that looks clean but very metallic. You see Sandra who shoes you out of the area after taking the milk from you before you track to much dirt and muck inside. She looks happier though and she has definitely warmed to you.

You head back outside to feed the chickens, You enter the chicken hut and see maybe thirty odd hens and they swarm you as you close the door and start pecking at you angrily. You swiftly start scattering poor quality grain around and they dart in the direction of the food instead leaving you be. After this they seem to settle and you collect the eggs with only mild pecking.

(well done that was the perfect order I was thinking. You gain the Perk - Farmhand)

Having finished all the jobs you needed to do you decide to head back to the cows and almost go and milk them again but decide just to examine the calves further. Having two heads is an extremely rare thing. They look to be in perfect health and that's saying something. The adults look to at least be suffering from some from of radiation problems but these calves either seem to be resistant or have simply not been exposed to enough to show effects yet. If they are resistant to radiation this could be a very useful thing to try and expand upon in this new waste of a world.

You then carry what eggs you have found to the kitchen and this time remember to take off you boots before going too much further in. Looking around this time you don't see anyone else about and you stomach is growling. You decide to explore the kitchen and “raid” some food.

You find many different stores of food, quite a bit actually. There seems to be tons of pre-packeted stored food like Mac and Cheese and pork N beans, there's even a salt freezer with what appears to be beef strips laid out. There seems to be a lack of fresh food but you know that's hard to come by.
After a little while of deciding what to eat you hear the hum of electricity and discover there is a working microwave. These thing were expensive but were guaranteed to last several lifetimes. They could nuke anything. They is also an electric stove next to it, you test it and it seems to work too. There are pots and pans hanging above if you need to use them.

Vote V -What you you eat/cook for dinner.
1. Use the microwave to cook Mac N Cheese.
2. Use the microwave to cook Salisbury steak with gravy
3. Use the electric oven and cook your self up a variety of eggs.
4. Use the electric oven and cook up some of the meat and veg.
5. Eat some salty strip of beef, cheesy poof and a bottle of nuka cola.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2084 – Again staying where you are you take a breathe to calm down and start to examine the odd electronic device you looted from the first guy. On quick inspection it appears to be a wrist mounted screen with keyboard and dials, it says PipBoy 2000 on it. You tap a few buttons but it doesn't make any changes to the screen. It looks like it needs fixing. You might want to see if you can fix that after the raid it could be useful.

Still keeping put in the back you hear more gun fire from inside and a few odd screams. No one else comes out the back and you decide to also loot the downed flamer thrower body.
You start by taking off the flamer thrower and then patting down the body, you don't find anything of use so you decide to put on the flame thrower. For your strength and frame it is immensely heavy and slows you down and you can't run. This may be a new problem as you see two guys burst out the barn and into the tall corn to your right.

What do you want to do?
Vote W
1. Chase after them and flame them.
2. Discard the flamer thrower and run after firing shots with your magnum.
3. Let them run off they're obviously fleeing, but keep position
4. Head into the building and offer any help.
5. Stay put and fire long ranged smg shots.
Last edited by Patdragon on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Lets get dangerous! V4

:p

Can you please put the result of the last vote in a different tab? It's getting quite long to skim over and tryto find ifit was good, avg, ect result
W4
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby GathersIngredients » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:15 am

Can't we try to find Sarah again and co-ordinate with her what we are allowed to take/cook/eat? Lacking that:
V4 (meat and vegetables sounds good)

W:
4 but drop the flamethrower again. I want to be able to move quickly, if needed. If all goes well, we can come back for it later. If things goes pear-shaped, I don't want it to weight us down.
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Patdragon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Lets get dangerous! V4

:p

Can you please put the result of the last vote in a different tab? It's getting quite long to skim over and tryto find ifit was good, avg, ect result
W4



When I get to Z i'm going to restart afresh from A2 but made the change for ease.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: After Vault 77 - A Fallout Voting Story- New voters welc

Postby Patdragon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:56 am

Minimum votes for me to keep this going is three.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Previous

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: M0rtimer, Theis2 and 6 guests