The Great Gnome Journey- turn 4 (open for all)

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

The Great Gnome Journey- turn 4 (open for all)

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:04 am

A long long time ago, in a land far far away, there was a dark and magical forest.
The forest was known by many names, none of which you knew, to you it was simply the forest, and you dont do silly things humans do like naming everything you see, or wash your self on frequent level.
No sir, you are a propper and respected gnome, all you care about is the great gnome journey.
And today, well today is the day that story begins.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Great Gnome Journey (open for all)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:05 am

Sure :)

Mac (Male).

Mac is an old man, with a deeply-rooted hatred for humans. He is surprisingly strong for his age and has a knack for fixing and making small mechanical objects. He is enormously stubborn and distrusts everything magical, believing it to be "unnatural" and the cause of almost as much trouble as humans. He walks with a cane, mostly so he can wave it around wildly while making long-winded points about the youth of today.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:13 pm

As theis and m0rt also requested a little more information ill make some up for you =p.

You are a gnome, not the cute little creature, big red hat, white beard wearing mushroom living goody two shoes that we all know and love.
In this game gnomes live in the dark scary forest, and play the leading role in many childhood nightmares, they are a misunderstood and badly mistreaded race, being forced off the human lands several hundred years ago, after they got blamed for crimes they never commited, because of this both races have a strong hatred for another, the orgin of this hate has long been forgotten by both sides. The humans carried on and concider a gnome to be nothing but the stuff of legend, a thing only the very young or very insane ever talk about.
The gnomes have never forgotten there hate,and have fortold off a great gnome journey a legend generation in the making, the plan is simple,figuring our how to do might be a little bit more tricky they have driven us from our lands oh so many generations ago, it's time we return the favor.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:19 pm

So we're going to be the bad guys from fairy tales? Cool! :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:07 pm

I suppose I'll be Rat.

Still not sure what you want me to do if anything though... Find the human city? :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Pfft! Humans are clearly the cause of everything that is and has ever gone wrong in gnomish society and it's time they were taught a lesson. I recommend a hand-delivered, sternly-worded letter.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:02 am

Your mission is to drive the humans or acient gnome lands in what ever way you see fit

You can do this in ever way you want, in about a day when i have some more players i will make a first post, basicly introduction to what your suppose to do and qui k explanation of the rules (simpel dice based rules) the leader of the gnomes will set you off to your first mission which is reach a small settelment closest to the forest and drive the humans from your right full lands.
You wil be given weaponry and gear, new players can join when ever they want

Any more questions ? Im trying to be vague =p

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:34 am

See this is a lot more interesting than gnome in a forest :p

Grot is ready to eat babies and make gingerbread houses
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:58 am

One more dude or lady dude and we will have engouh to start, background info is welcome as it gives me ideas to what kind of gear and skills to give you

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 am

What's the tone of the game going to be (comedy, serious, horror etc)?

I'm essentially curious as to how ridiculous I can go without screwing up the game :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am

From the sound of it (and knowing asks) you can go full crazy horror with a pinch of comedy. Wearing peoples faces as a disguise would propably not be out of question :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:27 am

That's pretty much what I was expecting but I thought I'd better check :)

Aaaaand I've got a backstory. Let me know if it doesn't fit what you had in mind or whatever.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Sure i like it, im waiting till the morning to see if i get another sign up, but i get with my posting history the fear to join up. That is why sign up are open anybody can join when they feel like it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Sounds good :)

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 am

The Gnome Journey

Turn 1
A long long time ago, in a land filled with magic and wonder, there was a clan of gnomes the last of its kind. For generations the gnomes ruled the realm, living one with nature. That all changed when 293 year ago (or 7 gmometons, the average life span of a female gnome with blond hair, who only drinks and smokes during the great gnome festivities) the humans showed up from the northern realms, the were large cruel being that did not live in peace with nature but choose to make her nemd to there will. The first few years gnomes and man lived in peace, but man wanted more and more and took a little bit more of the lands of the gnomes every single day, soon the gnomes were forced to give up there lifes and move into human cities seeking employment. This happend more and more as the years passed and the gnomes quickly became cheap work forces to help meet the demand of the ever increasing greed of men.
All of this changed when 7 human children, 6 strong boys and such a angel of a girl disappeared. The blame quickly found the gnomes who claimed to innocent of all the accused crimes. Men didnt want to listen and the gnomes where kicked out of there homelands, all that didnt want to leave were butchered like cattle
The gnomes fled into the dark and magical forest surrounding the newly claimed human kingdom.
Waiting ever patiently for there moment off revenge.

Now 293 years later the time is here
3 choose warriors (choosen in a game of rock paper scissors) were selected to leave on a mission (suicide mission would be a better term) to scare the humans off there lands in what ever way possible
To help them to this the new chief a loud mouted wild haird madmen famous for his buisness succes, gave them a wide selection of gear to choose from
Come my fellow gnomes ! He yelled as they all gathered watch or heroes pick there weapons !

He first showed them a rack of clotches and armor to pick from (please choose one) a leafy outfit great for sneaking and stealing. A robe that will channel your bonds with mother nature, an armord outfit made out of discarded human cooking equipment which will give you plenty of protection

He then showed them a pile of weaponry, both rusty and cheap (please choose a weapon you want, every non magical weapon someone could get there hands on in the middle ages will do)

Third he had a poorly locked treasure chest clearly filled with discount magical artifects. He opened it and the gnomes could clearly see
-a fine cloak of bearskin
- an wristcrossbow clearly made by elven magic
- a black dagger
- a skeleton brass key
- A blue mug
- a pairy of glasses with tinted black glass in them
(Please only pick one)

Finally he you a detailed map of the human lands 3 places ar marked

Flatstone city, a large city, several hundred inhabitants, lots of dark alleys and abbondend buildings good place to hide and strike in the dark. Famous for it flatstone pizza

Sint smos monstary, famous brewery lots of strong ales and spiced wines come from here, beloved in all the human lands , nhabited by just a few monks

Tavern town, a wrongly named town. It only has 3 farms and a small inn favored by adventurers

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Great Gnome Journey- turn 1 (open for all)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:55 am

Rat takes the leafy outfit, a dagger (or sword, for them) and the blue mug.

He then suggest to go to sint smos monastery, to pee in their ale and poison it!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:08 am

"well I sure as shit ain't wearing no human-made garbage, so I guess I'll wear the dress! That cloak should cover it up OK...

And I guess I'll take my trusty cane. She's not let me down yet!"

So, unless the is has a preference, Mac will choose the robe, a quarterstaff and the cloak.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:21 am

"HAH! You guys are STOOPID for not taking the super armor! also where's my axe?! Rat.. I'll piss in your ale for taking the blue mug.. Otherwise the plan sounds fine.."

Grot will take the armor, a battle axe and grab the glasses since he was so rudely robbed of a potential drinking mug.. Being forced to drink directly from the tap isn't the worst that could happen though.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:27 am

Vyana
Female

Picking leafy outfit, a bucket (if we can pick non weapon tools), a pickaxe axe if not, and skeleton brass key

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 am

There were only three outfits burns, and Mort got the leafy one already. You can have Mac's dress if you want it though? He'd probably rather wear normal clothes than sully himself with human or magical stuff.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:27 am

There were 3 outfits since i had 3 players now that i have more there are 3 of each so pick what ever you want

Thinks the leader will be verry upset if you do not pick from his gifts

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 am

Do I have a bucket? cause I have an evil idea or two

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 am

Normally no, but i do support evil ideas. All of you will get general adventuring gear including a bucket so you can have a pickaxe

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:06 am

askstoomuch wrote:There were 3 outfits since i had 3 players now that i have more there are 3 of each so pick what ever you want

That's OK :) I'll keep my robe

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am

thinkslogically wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:There were 3 outfits since i had 3 players now that i have more there are 3 of each so pick what ever you want

That's OK :) I'll keep my robe
... so you wont take a weapon or the artifacts ? (I strongly advise you to atleast take something)