The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm

You're able to follow where they went, but they are long gone, the sounds of their flight no longer audible.

"Think we lost 'em."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Maji sighs and nods. He smells around for any other animal nearby. Surv: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [1, 4]+5 = 9
If he finds nothing he will start walking back to Grelka's home.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 pm

"Well, we can try again tomorrow."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Maji nods and lets Grelka off before he is forced to transform back. He looks for a place to sleep (I think I recall her letting him stay there but I forget)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Once you get back to her place, she tosses you a bedroll and shows you a spot near the fireplace you can set up for the night as she gets a dinner around for the two of you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Maji gives her a grin, a thumbs up and pats her shoulder in thanks. He smells the meat presented and digs in hungerly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 am

The next day, Maji and Grelka manage to track down, attack, and subdue a pair of boars, taking them back to her place to dress out and prepare the meat.

That same day, Zephyr sets out for Krentor's cabin, spending a much quieter night camping near the roadway, with no night time visitors, and the next day proceeds on to the indicated turn off to the cabin. She sees the carved signpost and a thin thread of smoke rising from a chimney in the distance, the cabin seems set in a small recess into the mountains, surrounded by tall pine and other trees.

Those of you back in the town who had items waiting to be made or identified return in the amount of time you were told it would take, and find them ready for you.

Randy expresses an interest in fighting better with two weapons, and is referred to the Eastern Garrison, where the more militant members of the order are stationed.

((Who else needs what? I think you guys were reconveening in a few days? Thought I'd pick up the pace a bit, I was kind of stalling a bit because I've been busy... but don't want things to stagnate on you! I was trying to do the leveling to 3 with flavor, but am worried I'm drawing it out too long.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 am

((I'm happy with whatever pace suits you :) forums are slow, and this is fine.))

I guess I would have investigated the availabilities and costs of buying a cart, and outfitting it with a few modest comforts for travelling (like blankets, lanterns etc. - nothing extravagant, just not spartan.))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 am

Remembering what she was told, Zephyr calls out toward the cabin, "HELLO"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 am

Tess: You ask around a bit, and one of your new drinking companions at the dive bar points you further south, to a business just outside the town proper that is comprised of a stable and various carts, wagons, and the tools and parts needed to repair them. It's a fairly large place, you reason they likely too quite a bit of business with caravans leaving and arriving, in need of replacement animals, carts and repairs. A grizzled pair made up of a half orc and dwarf seem to own and run the place, if not for their different races, you could almost imagine them to be brothers.

"Cart? We got carts, got wagons too, iffin yer needin' somming bigger. Mule'll handle a cart, but if yer doing a wagon, ye'd need a horse for that, or a team of mules. Got some blankets an such, lanters an the like."

((Are you looking to haggle this, or you want just straight market prices?))

Zephyr: "What'ya want?!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

"I was told to seek you out for answers about my parents....the wind family"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 am

Market for now, will haggle when I have more time to post

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am

Zephyr: "The Winds? I've not--" his words are broken off by the rattle of loose earth and some cursing. "Hey, come give me a hand, and then we can talk!"

As you head closer, the trees open up, revealing a garden, to one side of which you see a reasonably sized boulder halfway rolled out of a hole. A shovel, pick, and pile of dirt rest near the boulder. As you watch it shifts slightly, looking about ready to roll back into the hole, which elicits more cursing from the hole.

Tess: Market value for a cart, mule, bit and bridle/reins, two blankets, a hooded lantern and 5 flasks of oil, and 10 days worth of rations for the mule would come to 32 gold.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 am

Zephyr runs forward, suddenly scared that the only lead on her parents was about to get smashed by a rock. She looks around to find the man before pushing the boulder away from him. (Doesn't want to help the boulder kill him)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 am

((I'll say you're strong enough that I'm not going to hinge it all on possibly rolling a 1... :lol: ))

Running up, you grab the boulder and heaving back, manage to roll it back away from the lip of the hole as you topple to your backside.

A gnarled right arm flings itself out of the hole, and with a bit of a struggle, Krentor manages to climb out the hole. Standing before you is an aged one-armed dwarf, with a long gray beard currently marred with dirt from his time in the hole. He's balding on top, but wisps of hair stick out wildly above his ears, meeting at the back of his head. He peers down at you.

"Wind family, eh?"

Deciding you are who you claim to be, his wrinkled face breaks into a grin, "Little Zephy all grown up! My, my girl, just look at you! Get up here and give your Unckie Krentor a hug!"

He reaches his arm down to help you up.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am

Zephyr is a bit taken aback that Krentor is ....a dorf, she pushes her animosity toward the idiot dwarf that had been in their party aside and sticks out a welcoming hand. "I'm sorry, I don't remember you." (Or do I?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

There is something familiar about his voice and appearance... but less distinct than your hazy recollections of your own parents.

"Oh... well, it has been quite a while... you said you had questions about your parents?", his face wrinkles in concern.

"I've not seen them since you all left the Vale... did something happen to them?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am

((Well that's fairly affordable...))

What about a covered wagon with a couple of mules? And maybe a couple of riding horses?
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:58 am

((psst. :shifty:))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:14 am

"When did they leave, where did they go....I've been looking for them ever since I made my way back here....I was.....taken...."Zephyr falls into silence as she tries to hold back the angry hot tears that welled up behind her eyes. "......" "I hoped to find them when I got back."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Maji happily helps Grelka with the boars.

(I think the next day is safe to hunt with her (time wise) but I am not sure)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Ulmwin: Merril listens intently, he makes as good an audience as a story teller, chuckling at all the right parts, and looking concerned at all the others right parts.

"Well! IF such a thing had happened, I could see why such handsome, intelligent and humble gnome might look for employment outside his homeland! IF such a thing had happened."

You two while a away a pleasant hour or so, trading stories of hypothetical exploits and discussing odd bits of trivia, history and little known facts. Eventually Merril leans back and strokes his mustaches. "Tell me Mister Ulmwin, are you familiar with the College of Lore?"

((Sorry! I read your post on my phone, then forgot to respond when I was at a computer! I think I'd mentioned it before, but Ulmwin would be familiar with the College of Lore, it would be the equivalent of a prestigious professional society.))

Tess: ((A wagon would run 35 gold, but that would be open topped, getting a covered one I'd say would bump that to ~50 gold. Mules and donkeys are 8 gold each, riding horses are where things get a bit pricier at 75 gold each.))

Zephyr: "Taken?! You mean after you all left the Vale? That must have been 15 years ago... Let's... let's go in and we can talk."

He leads the way up the stone steps to the rustic cabin hewn from local timbers and partially set into the side of the hillside.

"One moment...", he pauses as a spear appears in his hand, the door giving a bit of a rattle. He leans it against the wall and opens the door, gesturing you inside.

Maji: You help her with the boars, eventually broaching the subject of her angry fighting style. She shrugs and explains that she's always been able to tap into her anger, and once she learned to control it enough for it not to make her careless, was able to use it to fuel her attacks as well as help shrug off damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Nemeia will explain the tale of her newfound need for a wagon (covered would be ideal) and a pair of mules so she can form a new troupe with her performer buddies to bravely travel the world searching out strange new worlds stories, and would they maybe be able to provide a discount on a bulk purchase please? :)

Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

...Or not. I guess market value will probably have to do!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Randy: You ask around about someone with whom you might be able to train your martial abilities. Facing the blights, those under your protection were often faced with greater numbers of foes, there were too many times when you came close to losing one of the members of the party. Being able to attack more quickly and dish out more damage to your foes would help shift the balance in your favor. It is suggested that you speak with Sergeant To'larel, who is stationed at the Eastern Garrison.

Traveling out there, you are greeted by Brother Vai'lon, who you are now realizing is the only person you've really seen or interacted with at the Eastern Garrison, though you have heard bustling of activity. Greeted by Vai'lon once again, he opens it up and ushers you in. The Garrison seems moderately staffed, seemingly with those members of the Abbey better suited to military pursuits than scholarly or clerical. Vai'lon explains a bit about your potential instructor as you walk, "The Sergeant isn't a member of the Abbey as such, though he is highly regarded within the Garrison. He's not willing to call the All-Mother his deity, preferring to follow his own goddess... I believe his Myl'ki is another aspect of the same one that your Father Coljin worships. He's not a man of many words, but he's a better fighter than most I've met, and almost as fast as me.", he says with a grin.

Vai'lon leads you to To'larel, an older darkly complected, well muscled human with a pair of scimitars at his sides. From his garb of flowing, loose fitting robe and pants, and length of cloth bound around his head, you surmise he or his family are not originally from the human lands to the west, more likely coming from the lands of one of the more southern of the Eastern Cities.

To'larel bows to you stoically, and when Vai'lon explains your presence, nods and walks outside. A bit bemused, you follow into a training courtyard, where he tosses a pair of wooden swords to you and points at a training dummy. Catching his intent (and the swords), you circle the dummy before lunging in and landing blows against head and torso before ducking back and circling some more. You strike again, your wooden swords clattering against the dummy. He signals for you to go again... and again... and again. Eventually he raises a hand for you to stop, and lifts your blades, getting you to hold them straight out to your sides. He presses down on the blade, and seems to be inspecting the musculature of your arms... perhaps judging their condition after the exertion? After circling you and inspecting, he turns to Vai'lon, speaking in a gruff, but lyrically sing-song cadence, "He is decent. I can make him better."

To'larel turns and walks back inside, as Vai'lon hops down from where he'd been watching and approaches you with a grin. "I think he likes you, I've only heard him rate three others as 'decent'."

Tess: "Uh huh. You be wantin' the wagon painted? That'll be another 3 gold if you're looking for one color, 4 gold for two in a simple pattern. If you're wantin' something gaudy and swirly or whatnot, it'll go up from there."

((Covered wagon + 2 mules = 66 gold. Add reins for both, two blankets, hooded lantern = 10 gp +6 6 gp = 76 gp. Oil is 1 silver each flask, feed rations for the mules is 5 copper each per day (1 silver together). Anything else? The covered wagon won't be the covered wagons of the American West, but more of box wagon with sides that go up and meet at a roof. Mostly open at back and front, place for a driver and crossbowman to sit up front. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 pm

I would like to learn how to channel my anger, if you are willing to teach me.