The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm

((You know Nemeia is right there, don't you?))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:59 pm

(Not sure where you are sitting/standing and how intently you are focused on what randy is doing.) <-- Hopefully enough to distract you from her whittling. :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

((me neither! She's distracting Bramble, so not super far away, but...
Perception: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

...not noticing much else I guess!

just stop wrecking the nice imaginary cart!! :lol:))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:52 pm

The DC to notice someone carving the seat right next to you is 8.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

:lol: Nemeia slaps at Zephyr's hand.

"Oi! Stop that! You want to look like a professional outfit in the cities, you don't graffiti your own cart! Makes you look poor and unrefined, and then you start attracting the wrong sorts of attention, whether it's from buyers thinking you're desperate or guards thinking you're selling knock-offs or stolen goods. Appearances are everything in this game, love!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Randy: As you hold out the gem, his eyes light up as he reaches for it. As you ask your question, he pauses, turning to look at you, his now piercing gaze holding your own.

"What you ask, it is no idle question. You know this?"

Tess: Some of the more fanciful bard's tales tell of travels to other planes and other dimensions. While there are supposedly spells that the most practiced of magic users can use to travel between them directly, there are also reported... if the stories can be believed... places where the connection between this plane and the others grows closer, close enough to cross over if the right conditions are met. One ballad you'd heard spoke of a "Gate of Planes", apparently a pocket dimension or some sort that was close to all the planes at once, and could serve as a travel nexus. The next verse was about the hero wooing a maiden from every plane and setting himself up in his own harem dimension though, so a grain of salt and all that.

Ulmwin: You recall having heard stories about gates to other planes, and know that it is most often facilitated by pretty high level magic. It's not something to be trifled with, an unprepared traveler could easily find themselves stranded in inhospitable surroundings, out of spells and running out of options. Planar travel is a serious undertaking, not something to be taken lightly.

Zephyr gets spotted and scolded, Bramble surging forward as Tess diverts her attention to admonish the bored/sulky tiefling.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Nemeia chuckles as she remembers the ballad and wonders if the hero was any relation of Holger's then rushes to try and catch Bramble before he crashes the cart off the road again.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Randy: As you hold out the gem, his eyes light up as he reaches for it. As you ask your question, he pauses, turning to look at you, his now piercing gaze holding your own.

"What you ask, it is no idle question. You know this?"
Randy gives him a haunted look. "Aye, I know." His expression becomes grimly determined. " I've been called."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 am

"...Okay, who's going to help knock him down and tie him up before he does something crazy?" Ulmwin asks, only half-joking... Although looking at Randy with a face that's saying he wants an explanation for what the hell he's talking about.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 am

"Might be Randy accidently sat on Helms legendary stick up his ass and he wants it back now?"

Holger chuckles silently at his joke, hiding his own worrying.

Holger sadly does not know a whole lot about the gate of planes, but sounds like a way to meet his benefactor and undo all her work.

Ones the gate is dealt with, Holger will pose his own question for the madman.

"So what is different about lord Estermont, what is he hiding? I can transmute your berries to taste of anything you want, as long as I am familiar with it. A savory steak, exotic lemon or mud if you prefer, it's your choice."

Holger knowledge: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:31 am

Randy holds up a hand to the others indicating for them to wait a minute. "I'll explain shortly." His eyes are locked on the halfling's. "The Gate of Y'ah Ga'rihunn must be closed. The Old Ones are moving again. If their followers seize the Gate, this world is lost. I think you know this."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 am

Nemeia looks at Randy and then to Ulmwin and Holger with increasing concern.

Whatever he's talking about now is beyond her knowledge, but it doesn't sound good...

Int: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 am

Maji looks at Randy with a worried look. He's not sure if he's gone crazy or if he's hiding something. Whatever it is, Maji looks alert for trouble coming from wither of them.

Int: 1D20-1 = [12]-1 = 11

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:10 am

Holger may know stuff about ancient beings

Holger knowlegde: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 am

"I know enough about the old ones to know that I should not know more about the old ones... And that I'd consider myself woefully under-qualified to deal with anything concerning them."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am

Randy gives Mort a quick glance. "Only madmen want to deal with the Old Ones. I certainly don't. The question isn't whether you want to deal with them, but whether THEY want to deal with you. And, unfortunately, they do. We're all in great danger, whatever our desires in the matter are."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 am

Nemeia holds Bramble's bridle nervously and keeps watching Randy.

"Ok sweetheart, if you say so..."

She turns her back to Randy and whispers to Ulmwin, Holger and Maji:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 am

Maj writes andshows to Tess Whatever he saw, he refused to tell me.
Survival: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
(I figured survival would be more appropriate on telling what the berries do)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:54 am

Still whispering to the others:

"Maybe he poisoned himself? Poor lamb. Let's keep an eye on him and see about getting him to a healer when we get to the city... And in the meantime, let's be very careful of any detours he might suggest. I don't know what he thinks is calling him, but this doesn't sound like him."

She looks at Holger for a moment, thinking.

"...there seems to be some of that going around lately."
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:21 am

Randy:"Aye, I know." " I've been called."

"Called? How very rude, yes?", he remarks with a sad smile, reaching up, gem forgotten to grasp you by the face, his knobbly little fingers gripping the sides of your head.

"The Gate of Y'ah Ga'rihunn must be closed. The Old Ones are moving again. If their followers seize the Gate, this world is lost. I think you know this."

He shivers and presses his forehead against yours, the scent of halfling hermit filling your nose as he whispers to you.
► Show Spoiler
He releases you and steps back, tears spilling down his dusty cheeks.

Holger:

"So what is different about lord Estermont, what is he hiding? I can transmute your berries to taste of anything you want, as long as I am familiar with it. A savory steak, exotic lemon or mud if you prefer, it's your choice."

The wizened halfling looks to you, wiping his face as his mood shifts to one much more jovial, his previous distress seemingly forgotten.

"Ah, but I've no need for such magics, yes? A shiny gem, that I'd take for information on the Lord of Estmont!"

Tess: The ranger's gone batty... either that or he's asking deeper questions than you can plumb the depths of.

Maji: He doesn't seem to still be under the effects of the berries, but he's been in a bit of a mood since he got high off his gourd.
((Don't recall if you ever got a good look at the berries?))

Holger: What you recall of "Old Ones" seemed to refer to beings that existed before the gods, beings that roamed the cosmos... Why Randy is asking about such things now, you're not sure. Over the years, some have sought out the Old Ones as a source of power... a patron of sorts, to strike some sort of pact.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 am

Randy can't help but look a bit disappointed, but nods his head. He very quietly answers back.

If you're eves dropping, you'd better be rolling perception! :P
► Show Spoiler

He hesitates and then whispers a question:
(Spider Only. Not you, Burns!)

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am

With her back turned, Nemeia doesn't immediately catch on to the fact that Randy has lowered his voice...

Perception: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 am

Randy: He looks at you sadly.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:50 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Randy closes his eyes and swallows hard. He then opens his eyes and smiles back sadly. He pats the Halfling on the shoulder. He turns the halfling's hand over, places the ruby in it, and closes his fist over. "If you make it to town, have a few rounds on me."

He stands up and walks back over to the wagon and leans wearily against it. He gestures to the others for them to ask their questions. "When you're done, gather round. You're owed an explanation."