The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 am

To Holger:
"It's less about stealing credit and more about keeping quiet about how exactly I became a crack shot in pitch darkness..."

Should we go below?
Nemeia grins at Holger, and says:
"You are a bad influence! But this time, I think discretion may be the better part of valor. There's no shortage of horrible creatures down here and I think if there's a master thing down there, we should probably not tempt fate. If we get caught or hurt, the others will have to risk their lives to save us and that doesn't seem fair...

Besides, we'd never hear the end of it from Randy!"

Nemeia lets Holger lead the way back to the others with his light.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am

Ulmwin:The ring defiantly has transmutation and enchantment magic imbued into it. The javelin has something sorry of enchantment magic.

Coljin: You find a pile of coins, likely spilled from a no longer existing bag, containing 330 copper, 110 silver, and 40 gold. You also find a dagger with a patterned blade forming droplets down its length. The wooden handle is slightly ornate with a cloud motif.

Randy: That box is locked. And a box.

Maji: And they think you're gross for eating things while they rummage through blight waste!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Ulmwin considers the ring for a moment, briefly checking it's inside for elvish writings- He's heard to be "careful of those", for some reason... Regardless, he soon gives out a little cry of warning towards the others near him before gently shoving on the ring to see if he can feel any noticeable effect:

"So just a word of caution, I'm gonna try and find out what this ring does, got some enchantment and transmutation magic going through it... If it turns me into a potted plant or something, gently try and remove it from my stalk, will you? That javelin you found also has something smelling mildly of enchantment magic going about it."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Maji looks at them in confusion and disgust as he points to the waste, the part of twig blight he has left and waste again. He sticks his tongue out in emphasis of disgust. >:-P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm

"That's true.."

Holger will remove the arrow and scorch the blights Tess killed around the same place she got them.

"Me, a bad influence? Why I have never! But yes, tempting fate too much will just turn us to mulch, not that I would mind too much as a potted plant."

Holger grins jokingly as he leads Tess to the others. Once there he'll try to listen through the door for any blights.

Holger peception: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Ulmwin: You jam on the ring, and it feels like you're wearing a ring.

((You're probably aware that some magic items require the user to attune to them by spending a short rest focusing on the item.))

Holger: No blights, just a room full of your companions rooting through a mound of refuse.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Isn't that a door to the south? If not can I use the roll for investigation (total of 20) on what the others aren't checking yet?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 pm

((Ah the door to the south had been buckled by a cave in behind.))

Holger: You dive in with the rummaging, hitting a mother load of loot as you find the remnants of a set of cloth saddle bags, partially tangled in the shattered bones of what you can only guess is a horse or some other beast of burden. Within you find 390 copper, 110 silver, and 130 gold, a gaudy cap, and a silver ring.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:58 pm

"Ulmwin, still got the magic vision going?"

Holger will show him the items, hoping for a trace of magic
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:20 pm

"Yeah- Hoping to find out more about this little thing next time we get a proper rest." he says, showing his ring... Before inspecting the items Holger presents.

"You know, I figure that most things we're gonna find in this place are going to be either metal, or magic... Given how old this place seems to be, everything else would have wasted away."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm

The hat has bits of divination and abjuration magics, and the ring has enchantment magic.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Nemeia will wait for a quiet moment and then take a look at the little locked chest, checking the lock for traps. If it's small enough to be picked up, she'll make sure it's not in a pressure plate or anything else suspicious is going on with it.

Investigation: 1D20 + 2 = [10]+2 = 12

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:04 pm

((Badge has asked me to roll for Zeph.))
Zephyr: You move into the room and begin rooting through piles of debris. You find 350 copper, 60 silver,
and 150 gold
. You also find, amid the ruin of bone and hair, a golden bracelet, a golden locket, and a wooden mask carved to look like a dog's face.

Tess: You take a look at Randy's box, it's similar to ones that travelers might stow valuables in, so you're pretty sure that the lock is going to be of good quality, but you don't see anything to make you think there might be a trap. At the very least, the battering it seems to have taken from the blights might have already set anything off that wasn't keyed to the actual opening of the box.

*Edit: Oops, I was at work while I posted most of your finds, so accidentally gave out way more than this room was intended to have. Oh well.

@Ulmwin: Not sure when you started with your detect magic, but I'll say you glance at the stuff Zephyr has pulled and see that the mask has transmutation magic associated with it, while the other items do not. I leave it to you whether you want to tell her, but after that we'll say that with the time spent searching, that your time has run out on the spell.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 pm

(( :chuckle: We definitely paid for the trip with this room. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm

((Oh, for sure. Other than Rudy, this is likely the most money the rest of you have seen all in one spot. Sort of on the order of finding a duffel bag with $30,000 crammed into it. This room was only supposed to have G$ 217.00, instead I gave out G$ 338.40. Oh well, I can compensate elsewhere. ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 pm

((can she pick up the box and take it with her?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:51 pm

((The box Randy found? You might want to clear it with him, but it's a low flat box about the size of a briefcase, so certainly carry-able.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:54 pm

((oh, sorry I thought he'd left it behind. I'll leave him to it then. She's not particularly keen to have people learn too much about her skillset right now anyway))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:01 pm

((He looked it over, couldn't determine much other than that it was locked, you came over to take a look and deduced much the same, though you are a bit more familiar with it as something travelers would be able to stow under seats or other narrow spaces in a wagon or carriage. You're both kind of standing there looking at it currently.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:11 pm

((ok, gotcha!))

"Sweetheart, do you mind if I hold onto this one? We used to have these things on the road and I've been looking for one for the longest time."

She gives Randy an innocent smile.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm

((I'm leaving character agency in Randy's hands, as far as whether he gives it to you or not, but if you could roll either Deception or Persuasion as a measure of your apparent sincerity? Randy can roll Insight, but regardless of outcomes, it is his call whether he wants to or not, this is mostly flavor of how it goes down.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm

I... have no idea if she's lying or not...

I guess she only really wants it so she can fork with the lock, so sure. Deception it is!

Lying: 1D20 + 2 = [6]+6 = 12

((I think that might actually be a 10 but I've forgotten my modifier...))

Edit: I did forget my modifier and it was a 12 :D

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Randy looks at Tess with a bland expression. "Ah, Tess. I was going to ask if you could try something with this. It seems my fingers are just too big to get a hold of clasp to work the lock. Your fingers are smaller and nimbler so you shouldn't have any problems." He gives a quick wink to her as he turns towards and walks towards Zephyr. "Zephyr! Catch!" He tosses the javelin to Zephyr. "I believe you might have a use for that. Be careful with it, it does seem to have some magic in it." ((Randy does make a bit of a production of it to draw attention away from Tess and the box. Randy actually suspects quite a lot about Tess, but he's willing to play along with her. ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Maji is curious as to the items around him, hanging near Ulmwin to see what he thinks they are and help identifiying them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Zephyr's a bit late in spinning around and getting a hand free, the javelin thumping into her side before clattering to the ground.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler