The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Maji gives her a grin. Sounds good to me.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:36 am

Holger will enjoy a relaxing evening, briefly considering if he should keep his drinking gambling going, but decides it might be better not to press his luck and welcome here.

The next day, he'll follow Ulmwin to the abbey to seek out the half deaf brother and hear if he had any luck with his search.

Holger performance:1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

I'm not sure who is dragging who down with their performance, but it is more for fun than impressing the locals it seems :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 am

Ulmwin: "Merril. Good evening then."

Randy and Rudolph: "Greetings Acolyte Buckthorn.", she nods in your direction. "Unfortunately, I arrived the day after, and missed that opportunity. I would like to hear a first hand account of their activity in the caverns below. Shall we speak tomorrow?"

She turns her attention back to Rudolph.

Holger: You turn in slightly less than average attempt at dancing.

Morning
Zephyr: As you head north, it becomes apparent that this ravine used to be a riverbed, and after an hour of walking, you start to hear a rumble of rushing water. As you get closer, you can see a rushing river ahead, that somehow isn't flowing south to where you are. Closer still, and you realize you are standing on a cliff overhanging a hole into which the water of the river is plunging and gurgling as it swirls into the depths.

Maji: "I'm done with my business in town, if you want to go on a bit of a hunting trip, you're welcome to join me."

Ulmwin: You head back and find your items tagged with descriptions of their magical characteristics.
► Show Spoiler
Holger: You make your way to the Abbey with Ulmwin and track down Brother Estin. "Any luck?"

"WHA-A? WHY, I NEVER.. AH NO. NO THANKS. I'M FLATTERED, BUT I'M FAR TOO OLD FOR SUCH THINGS."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 am

Coljin just continues to read and study the information given to him about Malar, spending most of his day increasing that knowledge.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 am

Zephyr looks down into the watery hole wondering what secrets could lie within the gaping maw of certain doom. She sighs, disappointed that she still had found no signs of life or civilization. She looks at the cliff to the east and tries to judge its height, then thinks back over her hour walk if she remembers seeing an easy path up. She turns around and walks back away from the gaping hole enough that should she fall she won't get washed to her death. She doesn't pull out her rope, hoping to defeat this climb as quickly as possible and freeclimbs up the side of the ravine to the top. (Hoping this is enough rolls for you to get to the top, trying to fast-track myself out of my current position...which is nowhere)
Atheltics: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
Atheltics: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Atheltics: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

^Hopefully that gets me to the top.
Once up to the top, she starts heading east again.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 am

((Psst, I also decided to have his gems be identified, given the price got lowered to 25 gold. :) I got a topaz d4 and a small melted metal cube?))

After having collected his items ((Assuming this retcon didn't trigger a nuclear explosion as too many of the weird magical items were in close proximity)) he asks around the abbey for this Merril...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 am

Maji grins and nods. Sounds like it would be fun

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 am

Zephyr: You make it to the top and continue slogging east cross country. A larger mountainous bit looms ahead of you. By mid day, you reach it and find that there is a road that winds its way north and south along its western flank.

Ulmwin: You also pick up the two items from the safes you had left to be identified.
► Show Spoiler
You're directed to the library, where Merril is lounging back while thumbing through a book and humming softly to himself.

Maji: "Sure, lets go!"

You head off west with your new acquaintance, she eventually leads you to a farmstead tucked back in the woods, apple trees just getting set to bloom.

"Just let me drop things off inside, you can leave anything you need to here as well. What you feeling like hunting? Got lots of boar, deer, smaller stuff."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:51 am

Happy to have finally found a road, Zephyr checks the road for any recent signs of travel and tries to determine which direction said travelers were going. Survival: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8 She's either blind, or this is a road that sees heavy use, either way, in her blindness to figure out anything, she flips a coin. (North = Heads(1) or South= Tails(2) = _: 1D2 = [2] = 2) She shrugs her shoulders at the flip of the coin and starts heading south.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:51 am

Know of any larger animals? If not then boar or deer is fine.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 am

Zephyr: You start heading south. The road is wide enough for cart travel, though you're not able to make out any recent tracks that would indicate movement either way.

Maji: "Bigger like bears? There are some around, but they are less common, harder to find."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:01 am

Maji nods. Or larger wolf.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 am

Zephyr continues southward until she meets a person or sees signs of civilization.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 am

Maji: "Large wolf? Like the real big dire ones? Haven't seen any of those around here."

Zephyr: By late afternoon you crest a rise and below you in the distance you can make out the curving circumference of Circle Vale, the road you are walking heading in the direction of the Eastern Garrison. You could make it back to town by nightfall.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

Zephyr heads back toward town, intent on the tavern, intent on finding out where in the heck the man she's looking for lives.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 am

Ulmwin approaches the man with a hearty smile. Something about the guy that caught his interest, as he speaks up.

"Hi there Merril- Figured I'd ought to pick you up on your invitation."
he says, before giving a nod to the book in his hands.

"What are you reading?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am

Maji gives a grin and nods before frowning slightly that there are none. Bears and deer then. I was hopi hoping to get a new form.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 am

Ulmwin: "Ah, Master Ulmwin. It's a rather fascinating treatise on the myconids and other spore-folk. Interesting societal structure they have."

He pull his feet off the second chair, sitting more upright as he gestures for you to sit if you wish.

Maji: "Get a new form? You mean you druid folk don't just all know how to do that?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 am

"Eh... Not super keen on plant life after some recent events. Seems a bit too dense for my liking, too." Ulmwin admits, none the less taking the chair... Pausing for just a second as he adds to it.

"Although I'd have to admit, I've always had a fondness of learning things. Just a bit less... Concrete, I suppose? Listen to word of mouth, gather stories, and later on retell them, dazzle the kids with a couple fun facts they'll refuse to believe... Happen to have anything for that last bit on myconids, now?"
he says, offering a smile.

((Always the damned mushrooms...))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 am

Nemeia will order some breakfast and read her poetry book for the morning. In the afternoon, she'll head to the "rougher" part of town and see if she can find that dive bar (leaving all but 5 GP hidden in her room) and some new people to extract rumours from, in her usual charming way.

Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

She'll sweeten the deal by buying the odd drink if needed.

((This is just something to do while the others finish up their tasks. Skip it if you want to move ahead))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 am

Maji shakes his head. I get my forms from eating the meat of the animals. Another druid I saw got theirs from study. I prefer my method. Means I get more powerful from the flesh of my enemies.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Before Randy appeared:-

Good evening Scribe Kel, I hope I am not disturbing you but I wished to speak to you on the matter of cultists. I was told you came down to investigate those that were captured here but arrived a day too late and found them dead. I wished to ask you if you, if you are knowledgeable on this topic about this and other cult activity you may have encountered or written about. Do you know much about some cults in the north? There was an issue in my homeland a while back and I have a particular distaste for them, but need to dig a little more into them.

----Perhaps one answer response before Randy shows up------

Randy shows up:-

As we are in his place of work (sort of) Rudolph tries to be formal in his greeting but is a little curt as he wasn't too keen on Randy hearing all of his conversation so tries to cover on his questioning about the dead cultists.

"Good evening Randerwaith, here to talk about the cultists too I see."
Turning to Kel
"Randerwaith I believe has been writing down the adventures of our last month already, I guess He'd have started with the cultists which started it all off."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Randy nods. "I'll be happy to meet with you later, Kel. Right now I'm going to call it a night. Perhaps sometime tomorrow when you're not busy. Sorry to have interrupted. Good evening to you both." He turns and departs, going back to his room for the night.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 am

Holger almost gives up on the spot since saying any luck can go this horrible. Hoping the man can at least see and read, Holger will match what he is saying with big bright illusionary words above himself.

"HAVE YOU FOUND THE SPELL, ARCANE LOCK?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 am

Ulmwin: "Ah... the true myconids have spores that let them communicate telepathically with each other... as well any affected non-myconids. Now here's the interesting part... anyone affected can also communicate telepathically between themselves. Now say, you and I were to encounter a myconid and get dosed with these spores... we'd be able to have this entire conversation mentally! Now, there are certain magics that can replicate the same effect to varying degrees, but the spores are a natural effect!"

Tess: You hear lots of 'town rumors', most of which don't really seem of much interest... who's going to be taking over Oldreth's warehouse space, what the baker said after getting drunk at the tavern, etc. Folks are talkative enough, but there doesn't seem to be any earth shattering gossip to be had, at least among the afternoon crowd. You end up spending 3 silver on drinks.

Maji: "I guess so. That why you hunted the boar, or you already got that one? Do you just gotta eat it, or you have to hunt it down yourself?"

Rudolph: When you first arrive:

"Indeed, I was late. My hypothesis is that the stitching was strictly symbolic rather than ritualistic, it was quite crude and uneven. As far as the northern cults, I'm sure your family has had plenty of encounters with the hillfolk. Many are harmless, but a few family bands to occasionally fall under the influence of a leader that bends them towards more cultish action. Would you care to enlighten me about the issues you had in parti---"

While Randy is there:

"Ah, yes, I've read some of your notes in the past, Acolyte Buckthorn. I appreciate your thoroughness, and look forward to speaking with you on the morrow."

Holger: "HMMM, AH, YES! SORRY, YOU WERE MUMBLING A BIT, I MUST HAVE MISSHEARD. I FOUND MY BOOK!"

He pulls forth a tattered and dusty journal, waggling it at you as dust flies off.

"READ OVER THAT ONE THIS MORNING! WHAT DID YOU WANT LOCKED?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler