The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am

Zephyr obliviously nearly skips into the closed gate, before she turns her stumble into dropping to the ground and doing push-ups.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 am

Zephyr stands up and wipes her brow from the effort. Then yells toward the top of the wall. "Oye, wanna open the gate so I can come in and spend some money?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 am

"I'm right here, no need to holler, though there is a need to wait."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

Maji snorts amusingly at Zephyr's antics and aproaches the door and waits for it to be opened.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

Explain.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am

((has Nemeia been able to heal her ear by the process of long rests?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:13 am

Randy will briefly summarize their trip for the gate guards. He'll also let them know about the signal he's arranged with the centaurs in case of trouble. He'll save a detailed report for the Abbot and will be busy writing a full report for the Abbot and his own home temple once he makes it back to the abbey. While not thrilled with the paperwork, he does want to get back and get started. He also wants to show the holo gem to the brothers so they can get started on it.

((Sorry. Really booked this afternoon. May be a while before I get back on. Feel free to operate accordingly. If no one else wants it, and it makes sense for him to have it, Randy will claim the breast plate...as long as it's not cursed :P )).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 pm

"Explain."

"I don't have magic that lets me be in two places at once. I figured I would greet the rest of your party."

The wood elf ignores Zephyr, greeting the others as they arrive. He seems suitably impressed with the somewhat more detailed report Randerwaith gives him, and is surprised at the mention of centaurs. He does mention that the Father will want to speak to them about the cultist that they helped capture below the town. He then steps into some shadows, and a few moments later the gates creak open as he waves to you from the battlements.

((Tess is fully healed, as is everyone else.))

((Randy, I think you might be the only one interested in the breastplate, as for whether or not it's cursed, it doesn't have a creepy motif and an eyeball on it, so there's that... :shrug: ))

((I am unable to post further until tomorrow afternoon/evening, but you guys are welcome to RP among yourself, or give me initial actions now that you've the run of the town for the time being.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 pm

First off Maji is going to get his items identified. This is top priority to know if anything he has is cursed or not.
Secondly he's going to help 'interrogate' prisoners if needed.
Thirdly: Shooooping!~ I will have to look into everything to see what I want but I do know that I want to at least sell some of my stuff that is unneeded.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Nemeia is going to drag Holger and Ulmwin to the inn as soon as possible, to spend the night drinking, singing, dancing and otherwise enjoying being back in civilisation again!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 pm

((For identification, I don't think you've any leads on anyone besides folks at the Abbey. Prisoner wise, it seems the Father wanted to talk to you guys about the prisoners you captured below the town. Shopping wise, lots of stuff is probably available, but if you're looking for anything out of the ordinary or the costs a lot of gold, there might be some checks needed. As far as carousing, the Emerald Chalice has a fair bit of food and drink, depending on how wild you plan on getting, I might ask for some rolls. The time is probably late afternoon to early evening at this point, so the tavern is hopping.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm

I think the silver dragonborn identified something of ours before so that'll be his first stop. And apparently second :P

I think the most extragagant items I'm thinking of for Maji right now is a bullseye lanturn and a doge and a cart. May change if I find anything.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:The time is probably late afternoon to early evening at this point, so the tavern is hopping.))
PERFECT!Everything else can wait until tomorrow. For now, the night is young and the returning heroes have tales to tell!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Randerwaith turns to the group.
"I have to go to the Abbey to report in with Father Ashmamsuit and get a report off to my order. You'd be welcome to stay there if you wish, or you can check in to the Emerald Chalice. I'm afraid the refectory's meal won't be as elegant this time, but the accommodations should be the same. I suspect the Father would be willing to help identify any items that you have." Looking at the breast plate that got found, "I'm curious about this one. Would the rest of you be all right if I took it along with me for the Father to look at?"

((Looted items would need to be sold of course to realize their value, or claimed (Randy is currently claiming a boot dagger and two regular ones, and the breast plate if no one objects. He's still carrying the red fire bomb crystal and a burned claw. Tess and Randy had previously divided up the regular arrows for use) but gold, copper, and silver, and gems could be immediately divided. Did we finally get figured out what everyone's cash share was? Randy will need to eventually cough up 1/4 his take [after expenses] for the home temple. I figure 'expenses' would include equipment replacement and any 'necessary' equipment upgrades ;) [Hey , his bosses aren't here to nit pick, and if it's going to increase his chances of keeping his skin intact, it's necessary.] .))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 am

Ulmwin's also intent on having some of his items checked out, but is in no particular hurry to do so... And it seems Tess has other plans anyways, so he's quite happy to join her and Holger for the inn.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:10 am

Identifying their objects sounded like a good deal, Zephyr gathered her things, including asking for the dwarven chain mail back from Krodorp, telling him that it was her intent to have it identified.

She'll then head straightaway to the abbey.

*(For the whole "Looted items" need sold and all that, I'll take care of all the housekeeping, I know where everything is in the spreadsheet and with spiders help we can do some kind of sell off of the bandit weapons, if anyone wants anything outside of what has already been handed out, please say so. I'll assume we will keep all of the crossbow bolts, because why not. Also, what are we doing with the Dorf?)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:24 am

(( We cut him the agreed upon share of monies, and unless he knows someone who can give us a really good deal for the items [which IS possible. He was a caravan guard after all.] we cut him loose. He'll probably go to the Inn with Tess, Holger, and Ulmwin. Unless he's thriftier than a Scotsman ( :chuckle: Sorry, Thinks!) now that he's got some money in his pocket and is free to do so, he going to blow a chunk of it. Tess and Holger will need to keep an eye on him lest his soon to be alcohol loosened lips sink his ship. We ARE in a city setting now and it can be assumed that there are going to be some run ins with the local thieves guild. Might provide a route of introduction for Tess if she's wanting to go that route. ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:31 am

((Are we? I thought this was a little town with maybe a couple of hundred people living in it.))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:32 am

((I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be this settings "big city"... But I might be wrong. :P ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 am

Maji will follow Randy to the father to get his items identified.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 am

((you could be entirely correct, I was just going off of a relatively small town square and the Abbey being the only major places here (because that's all we've seen). I guess spider can enlighten us when he gets back, but a town with only one pub is a small town in my book :) ))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:55 am

Question to you all. What if we gave the dorf the dwarven ring mail item instead of any part of the cut of gold. If all in favor, I will make this happen, otherwise, I will have tried to get it back from him at some point during our trip back to town.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:05 am

(( Hmm.... Since we gave it to him in the dungeon before we left, I going to probably say that the buyout rules apply. Give the dwarf the option of the mail vs. a larger cut of the gold. I'm okay with deducting some of it's value, but I think we're still going to have to pay him something or risk getting tagged as skin flints. Can't spend a chain mail coat in a tavern, after all.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am

((I don't care. As far as I'm concerned he helped us not die, so a full share of the gold and a decent shirt to see him back to his job as a caravan guard seems fair enough. We're not using it, and have plenty of money right now.)).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 am

I'll talk to spider, he'll make some rolls, we'll see what comes of it