The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 am

"Well... That takes care of that." Ulmwin mutters as the leader is quite essentially put down- Even if he had very easily been able to avoid it, to be fair...

"I vote we wait with having me use detect magic until we rest for the day... Unless we're leaving some of this stuff behind and you're worrying some of it might be magic, I suppose." Ulmwin says, giving a brief inspection while he continues- Doesn't look like any of them are:

arcana: 1D20 = [6] = 6

"So, anyone that needs some healing before we leave? Maybe we ought to find a spot to take a quick rest and mend our wounds?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 am

On a moments thought to the situation. "Randy, I propose we follow the road west until the trail leads us off of the road. Then some of our number can try to track it to wherever it leads. If I remove this damned armor, I think I'll be a lot less noisy. As far as guards, I would imagine they would've only left 1 or 2 at most of their number behind, if any at all. You up for some tracking Maji?"
As for resting, we shouldn't rest here in the open road, if we travel west a bit, hopefully we can find one of the waypoints along the road and rest there.

Mort: (I already packed all of the bandit loot into the group loot, weight spread out among the group)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 am

((do we want to take ALL of the bandit loot? I don't think we need it...))

Nemeia grimaces, but lets Holger help.

"Stupid fool... I knew he was going to try something and even then...

How does it look? Will I ever perform again?", She jokes, with a slightly forced smile.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 am

Maji nods and continues to point west, to see if any follows.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 am

Zephyr will follow Maji, but before she leaves, she calls out to randy. "Maji and I will scout ahead, see if we can find their camp. If we're able to find it, we'll make our way back to the road and wait for you lot to catch up. If there are guards, we'll make our way back as well, might as well rest before taking them on. We'll be careful." She winks at this notion of carefulness and then nods her head west and follows Maji.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:53 am

The party continues onward to the west... eventually Maji looses his bear shape.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 am

"Uhmf. We can follow it, but then we'll have to decide what to do about it once the trail diverges. The centaurs don't consider this really their fight. They'll help defend us if attacked, but they'd rather avoid pushing the confrontation, particularly since a couple of them were pretty seriously injured. And we won't have the element of surprise going for us. I don't think we've accounted for everyone here at this ambush. That means they're going to be warned. They could either pull out and cover their tracks, scatter to the winds, dug in for a fight, or lying in ambush when we get there. And now they know about the centaurs being with us...." Randy looks doubtful. "We don't know the size of this group. They could very well be part of something bigger. They were better equipped than your average road band. For them to not only survive out here, but appear to be thriving despite orc raiding parties and other hazards .... " He looks over the group. "We're pretty heavily loaded now with loot. And we're low on other supplies. I'd hate to lose what we worked so hard for when the gain is so questionable. This group of bandits is likely to leave us alone now that they had their teeth kicked so hard. They prefer easier prey, not heavily armed adventurers looking for a brawl. And it's outside our mandate. We were recruited to deal with a specific problem, not police the caravan routes. That's a job for military. We can put it to the vote, but I vote to head back to the Vale. We're underequipped to do that job properly. That a job for mounted units."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 am

"I am ready for a warm fire and a soft bed and a hot bath! If we see more of these scoundrels on the road we can deal with them, but I am ready to go back to town."

(Vote to go to town)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 am

Zephyr nods her head in understanding. "I would like to determine the general location of their camp, even maybe where the trail leads into the bush from the road at the very least. It would be good information to provide to the vale should they have someone else in mind to take this on."

(If we can find a campsite to rest at, and Maji is willing, she would like to scout out the possible whereabouts of this bandit camp while the others setup camp, she'll do it herself if she must, though if this is the case, she'll switch out to an armor that won't disadvantage her to sneaking.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:14 am

Maji writes something down Rest means I can be a bear, which I use for sniffing out bandits. to show to zephyr.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

(It's about early afternoon, you judge that you aren't likely to reach another reasonably established campsite until the evening, and even that might mean pushing on a bit later than usual, since you were somewhat delayed dealing with the highwaymen.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 am

Good point Maji, hopefully we find a campsite soon then.

*I say we continue on to the campsite then*

Given the bandits and whatever else is between us and the vale, I don't think spider will let it be as easy as "let's go to the vale, tra-la-la".

That being said, I would like to use survival skills in an effort to find where the bandits came from...if possible.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 am

((you keep saying stuff like that and we keep getting waylaid! :P))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 am

((So are you all pushing on until the next campsite/evening?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 am

((I'm happy with that, yes)).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 am

yes with personal exceptions as noted above.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am

Randy helps with tracking/trail breaking. He'll continue with tracking bandits until the trail leaves the main road, then he'll just be keeping an eye out for signs of anything else.

survival: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am

((Zephyr, make a Survival check then.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 am

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 am

I think Holger will stick to relying on the roads and centaurs rather than Zephyr leading the way :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 am

Zephyr walks along the south edge of the roadway, and stumbles in to some nettles or something. Ouch!

Randerwaith, takes the northern edge, and another half hour so, as the grass thins briefly in a particularly rocky patch, notices some dislodged pebbles and scuff marks. The somewhat barren area extends north a few hundred feet before being covered by soil more hospitable to the tall grass that dominates the plains.

Maji was just about to point out the nettles to Zephyr, but thought better of it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:51 am

Zephyr curses and starts trying to remove the nettles from her clothes and hair, unaware of whatever randy found. (Unless he told her. ;) )

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 am

While they walk, Nemeia will ask Holger more about the strange song that seemed to almost hypnotise him... She won't press him too hard though - her ear hurts and he's done stranger things.

"So was that another one of your magical outbursts back there or just a moment of inspiration?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 am

Every time she touches the nettles to remove them, she gets stung again.

Krodop has a very serious look on his face and is keeping his eyes completely forward.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler