The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Nem waits and listens for a little while longer, then lights her candle and quietly collects her arrows from the dead blights. Once she's done all that, she'll cancel the rumbles, redo her eyes and head back towards Holger.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 pm

((You'd already cancelled them, but sure... I'll give the rest a bit to do stuff before you return.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:12 pm

ok, just making sure. And yeah, that's fine. My internet access is sporadic anyway so I'm in no hurry.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Coljin will head back to the room where he was taken down. He only saw a bit of the room and knows it is larger than many down here and he doesn't want Zephyr head there alone as more blights could still be waiting there.
He will dash to catch up with Zephyr and check out that room.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 pm

((Sure, you dash your way through the tangled vines as far as you're able.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Randy proceeds through the vines to where Holger is standing. "You okay?" then asks sotto voice "Have you seen or heard from Tess since this started?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Maji will harvest most of the vines of the intact vineblight, intending to keep the vines as long as possible. At the end of the longest vine he gets, he makes a lasso, mostly for a certian troublemaker.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm

"She was behind me watching the way down to make sure we didn't get flanked.

Holger will move back, give her a sign that the voast is clear and move down the unexplored hall.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Zephyr, Randy and Coljin: You head down the hallway, where it turns north into a hallway empty except for dead blights.

Holger: You move back to check on Tess... when you get to the connecting hallway that leads to the stairs, she is nowhere to be seen, though there are a few more dead twig blights than when you were last here. ((Are you attempting to be quiet? If so, give me a stealth roll, please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:01 am

Holger will walk normally, not too worried that the blights might sense him. Besides he don't want to accidently sneak up on Tess just to be met by a rapier in his stomach.

"Seems the way is clear for now."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:38 am

Tess: You hear footsteps approaching and tense, ready to attack, until you hear Holger's voice.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:37 am

Randy will proceed down the hallway cautiously until he can look into the room where everything started or until he detects opposition.

stealth (armor): 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [13, 19]+4 = 17

perception: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

((Apparently can't see or hear a bloody thing, but being sneaky about it. :roll: ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 am

Nemeia lights her candle and then steps out to meet Holger. When she sees him, she'll run up to him and throw her arms around him in a hug and exclaim "Oh thank goodness you're here! I've been hiding back here in the dark just hoping those horrible creatures wouldn't find me!"

Then, she'll do a quick check to see if anyone else is close by. If there is, she'll sigh and return to the group. If she's certain there's no-one else nearby, she'll give him a broad grin as she indicates the dead blights. In a low voice (so as to avoid being overheard), she'll say:

"Turns out they're not very smart! Can you make the ground shake with your magic? It seems to work as a distraction... Obviously, I can't tell anyone that I know that, but perhaps you could slip it into conversation... Zephyr might be able to do if you can't, but gods only know if she'd listen."

((I'm not sure how much Nemeia knows about other tieflings or their inherent magical tendencies. If she doesn't know the part in square brackets, please ignore it)).
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 am

((I'm not sure how much Nemeia knows about other tieflings or their inherent magical tendencies. If she doesn't know the part in square brackets, please ignore it)).

((I don't think that you mentioned growing up around any others, but it would have been something that you had the ability to do even as a young child. It'd probably be reasonable for you to assume what you are able to do coming from your unique heritage, but you may be uncertain as to if it applies across the board. I believe you did observe Zephyr making the sound of rolling thunder, at least. You can give me a straight INT roll with advantage if you wish.))

Zephyr, Randy and Coljin: You head further down, to the doorway to the open room Coljin found previously. Along the way, the cleric is able to reclaim his mace. Peeking in, Zephyr sees debris and rubbish, but no blights jump out at her.

Holger and Tess: The two of you reunite in the hallway leading to the stairs, and after some brief subterfuge in case Holger isn't alone, Tess imparts what she learned about tricking the blights... or the twig blights at least.

Ulmwin, Rudy and Maji: The bard and nobleman keep watch while Maji works on extracting a length of vine from the dead blight. ((Maji, let me have a Survival check please.))

Down Even More Stairs: MAP!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:55 am

((Yeah, she probably wouldn't have met many since she was a bit of a unique attraction anyway. Maybe she's heard stories or seen occasional performances))

What can tieflings do?: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [14, 13]+2 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:58 am

((You're reasonably sure that Zephyr can do similar 'minor miracles' beyond the sound of rolling thunder, very similar to what you can yourself do.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 am

Surv: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Curses! Dice I loathe you!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 am

Maji: You try to get free a length of vine, but as twisted and intertwined as it is, you're not able to pull or cut free a continuous piece to turn into a noose.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:52 am

((coolio, Ive edited the text to reflect what you said))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Maji sighs as he stops harvesting the useless blight and looks at the vines on the ground to see if they are harvestable.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Most of the vines on the ground are rather short... and as you've seen in the past, tend to whither away relatively quickly. As you're pondering whether they are worth the effort, the vines begin to turn brown and brittle.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Holger takes advantage of the missing dragonborn chaperone and hugs Tess tightly and lightly kiss her on her brow before he looks into her eyes.

"Oh thank goodness you're here! I've been hiding back here in the dark just hoping those horrible creatures wouldn't find me!"

"Ahh, a damsel in distress! The best type of damsel. Not that it looks like you had cause to be distressed."

Holger motions to the extra blight corpses.

"Turns out they're not very smart! Can you make the ground shake with your magic? It seems to work as a distraction... Obviously, I can't tell anyone that I know that, but perhaps you could slip it into conversation... Zephyr might be able to do if you can't, but gods only know if she'd listen."

"That's good news, I can maybe emulate the shaking with sounds but it won't actually shake the ground."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:29 pm

"Mmm... These things came up from below while you were occupied with the other blights so I thought I'd take care of them for you! But if anyone asks, I'll swear you rescued me from them!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:57 pm

((In the hallway where Zeph, Coljin and Randy are, the hallway continues to just past the door to the room before turning left. It's in the map, but I didn't mention it before, so thought I should.))

Down Even More Stairs: MAP!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Randy will try to quietly move down the hall to look around the corner.

stealth (armor): 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [16, 4]+4 = 8

((Well, I guess I should have expected that to happen sooner or later. I mean he IS in armor after all. ))