The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Well I had hoped to avoid the cover and Rudolph narrowly misses because of it (i think). With a clank of the wall =14 Rudolph curses.

Rudolph then moves up into the corner to stop the blight getting cover and swings sloppily. Hemisses once again and with more instinct than thinking moves back to the square he was in.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:23 am

Rudy: With a clang, your sword strikes sparks on the stone, shifting your position, you swing again before retreating (you do notice that the hallway behind it is clear of other friends).

The twig blight backs away cautiously, clacking its wooden arms at you.

.Randerwaith
.Holger
.Coljin
.Ulmwin
.Nemeia

.Maji
.Zephyr
.Rudolph
.[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 am

"If magic was easy, everyone and their mother would fling spells around. I suggest we.."

Holger will turn around and look at rudolph missing the blight

"We deal with that blight first and let the dagger run it's course."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:24 am

Randy looks at the healing rain. " Interesting. We'll hold here until the effect clears. No since giving the blights a free pass" ((If the effect lasts long enough to give everyone a decent recharge, Randy is not against going against the blights then. If it gives out pretty quickly, he's still going to push for a short rest.)) While everyone is paused here, Randy quickly summarizes what he knows about the blights and his assessment of the situation. "While I'd like to wait for a day to come back to it, I'm pretty sure that if we do we're going to have a blight army waiting for us. This is probably our best chance to end this. We can probably afford to wait an hour to rest and bind our wounds, but not much more than that." He gestures to the dagger."If that thing works well enough, we may not even need the hour. I won't make this decision for you. This is very risky whichever way we go. I don't think retreat to Circle Vale is an option any longer. The blights would just mob us on the road. We know too much for the master blight to allow us to escape. We either finish it now, after an hour, or in the morning. But this will have to be finished....one way or the other. How do you vote?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 am

((there's already a vote table in ooc))

"I say we get this over and done with now"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 am

((Yeah, but that's in the OOC and is considered meta. We have to hold it here for the game or it isn't cannon. :) ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 am

Maji points to Randy and gives a thumbs up. Shortly before he taps his blackboard, pointing at 'fire'.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 am

Coljin is waiting for the magic rain to stop before he knows how he is going to vote.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:06 am

I think relaying all that info might take a bit more than a turn? It could be a good point to skip a bit of time so we are ready to go with what we decide unless the blights want to throw themselves at us.

"I'm still convinced our best option is to strike it down now. Even an hour can be plenty of time for several blights to enter the complex and if what you say is true, the sooner we strike it down, the less trouble we'll have to get out of here."

Holger will keep ready to shoot blights at the end of hallway if one should choose to poke its head too far around the corner.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 am

Theis2 wrote: It could be a good point to skip a bit of time so we are ready to go with what we decide unless the blights want to throw themselves at us.
((I'm willing to do that if everyone is just holding still.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 am

((happy to wait here to resolve this))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 am

Still as a statue.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 am

Over the next half a minute or so, you all hold still, keeping eyes on the approaching hallways, but no further blights reveal themselves. The soft rain continues to fall, until the mist stops rising from the dagger and it topples over to clatter against the stone. The rain then ceases and the clouds along the ceiling dissipate.

Maji regains 6 HP (and is at 14/17 HP)
Zephyr regains 1 HP (and is at 24/24 HP)
Holger regains 6 HP (and is at 8/16 HP)
Coljin regains 6 HP (and is at 16/18 HP)
Nemeia regains 6 HP (and is at 14/15 HP)

.Maji
.Zephyr
.Rudolph
.Randerwaith
.Holger
.Coljin
.Ulmwin
.Nemeia
.[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 am

((I'll give Holger 2 of the 3 good berries I got from Maji. I'll keep one myself in case it's needed as emergency healing.

Otherwise, Nem is ready to go and do this))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 am

"Well... You guys are looking in a better shape. Maybe it's time to finish this, then..?" Ulmwin says, pausing for a second before fishing out a potion, holding it up.

"Have a healing potion still- Someone else ought to take it... I've got a couple spells left should it come to that."

"Now... How do we ought to do this? I think it was mentioned both these halls lead to the same room, right? Maybe we ought to split up and move in from both sides, try to coordinate entering around the same time somehow..?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 am

Holger will accept the berries and eat one of them

"I feel much better now and we should really get going to kill the creature down here. I suggest Zephyr takes the front down this path and Ulmwin, Tess and I follow behind. The rest of you go down the other path if that too leads into the lair. I intend to float my torch into the room to signal we are ready since they don't appear to use sight at all and won't see it."

I suggest we go in zephyr, holger, Tess and ulmwin in order to run over each others toes due to initiative.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:37 am

"If the blights are listening, we should probably discuss this quietly or in some other way.

[In elvish]What enemies did you see at your side? There were at least two vines around our way, waiting to ambush anyone coming into the room."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 am

Picking up the dagger, Coljin holds it and concentrates for a moment while the others strategize.
Now that he has gotten it to function, he tries to see if he can feel how often or how long he has to wait until it can be used again?

After trying to figure that out, he will place it in his pack.

"Yes, that worked splendidly, let's press the attack?" Which he says quietly at Tess' suggestion of quiet-ness.

He will also put his mace back on his belt and get his crossbow readied.

He also asks, "Who wants to carry this lantern? I don't need the light, and need both hands for the crossbow."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 am

You can't get a precise sense of how soon it might be used again, by you notice there are no droplets marking the blade...
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 am

Randy will take back the Lantern for now and stow it away since they have Rudy's flying light bulb. " Very well Zephyr, Tess, Holger, and Ulmwin with come in along the southern route, signal first. We'll signal we're ready by showing a bright light on our side. Once they've seen the signal, they'll start their attack and draw the blights that way. We'll then come in on the flank and hit the blights from behind and make attacks as needed on the master until the group can concentrate on it. Rudy, you and I will lead with Coljin and Maj following."

((Still going to be intermittent for a while.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am

Maji will hand out goodberries to all but Zephyr. He has 7 goodberries left so each person gets an additional one, leaving Maji with one.

Maji writes as the others are talking. I'll farie fire them? Then throw magic rock? He gives Tess his Unidentified Ore to throw.

Maji will follow the northern group.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:06 pm

"Thanks love! ...what is it?"

((is anything at all known about the ore?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Maji shrugs and points to part of the note on his black board, covering up some so that it says "Magic rock?"

(It is one of the harmful effect ones, that's all I remember)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:18 pm

((Cool. I'll throw it far away then :lol: that was mostly all I wanted to know anyway - it's definitely getting thrown))

[Still in elvish] "Randy, since these stones and things explode, maybe we should throw them in first, and Target this root thing if we can. If we use everything we've got first, it might clear some of the weaker creatures and save us blowing each other up by accident. Once were out of the dangerous stones, you signal like you said, and we charge in then."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Randy chuckles. "I keep forgetting about those things. Sounds good. Signal so we can duck. Maj will faerie fire any survivors then. You 4 then attack and we'll hit them in the flank."