The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 am

((You'd be needing to take your action to 'attack' yourself.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am

Really? I didn't before...Hmm...Okay I have an idea. Since Maji is faster than Zephyr he can offer her a ride and we both get there faster. Maji already attacked somebody so he doesn't need to get hurt this round...but the following ones he would be?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 am

((It was an action before too. You haven't moved this turn but have already attacked, so you may do so, and Badge already let me know what he wants Zephyr to do, so I'll start the chase sequence after this round. If Zephyr wants to mount, you'd need to be in the same place, and it would be half her movement to get on... and probably cost you half yours too to stop and let her on properly...))

Maji: As the life leaves the lizard, you take off after the robed figure, paws pounding the hard ground as you gain slightly on it. ((Move = 40 ft))

Zephyr: You take off like a shot, sprinting for everything you're worth, for the moment, even outrunning the bear! ((Move, Dash, Action Surge to Dash = 90 ft))

Ulmwin: You make it through the rocky rubble to see Zephyr and Maji chasing the robed figure across the dusty plain. Maji is currently about 40 feet from you, and Zephyr is more like 80. The robed figure is at least twice as afar from you as Zephyr... and running all out.

((That used all your available movement this turn, but if you and your gnomish legs want to join the chase, let me know.))

The robed figure continues running, looking back over its shoulder at the pounding pursuit.

((Alright, Chase Sequence begins! [Initiative changes, Robes first, Zephyr, Maji, then Ulmwin if he wants]))

The robed figure continues running at a sprint, stumbling slightly, but still dashing all out, garments flapping as it moves. ((Moving 60 ft))

Chase complication: 1D20 = [3] = 3

As Zephyr pursues, she steps on a patch of earth and a cloud of biting insects swarm her, working their way past her armor to get at her sweaty flesh!

Chase complication: biting insects attack: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22

((Alright, so here's how the chase works... you tell me what you want to do... for the most part that will involve Move+Dash Action to keep pace, but if you want to give up part of that movement to mount up, or to do something else that takes an action, just let me know, and that determines how far you will move this round. Essentially, we figure out how far everyone WILL move first, then do it all at once, so it's not leapfrogging about on turns. At the start of the chase, Robesy was 130 feet ahead of Zephyr, and 170 feet ahead of Maji, and 210 feet ahead of Ulmwin. Each round, we will go front to back, and any gain you make will reduce the distance from them you are. Any loss of ground on your part will increase the distance.))

((Additionally, after telling me how you want to use your Move, Action, and any Bonus Action, I also want you to roll a d20 for a Chase Complication, which will affect the person following you in the order. So the roll for Robesy affected Zephyr, as she was next, if Zephyr's d20 roll triggers a complication, it will affect Maji, and so on. ))

Robesy
Zephyr <------------------------------------
Maji
Ulmwin??
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:43 am

((Ulmwin shall be trying to join the chase! As he can, at least- He's probably not going to be able to catch up...))

"Ought to have learnt a friggin haste spell or something..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

((You just need to get to 7th level so you can polymorph yourself into a giant eagle or something and be able to move 160 ft/round...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Zephyr ignores the stinging insects and continues her pursuit.
Chase Complication: 1D20 = [17] = 17

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Zephyr: You don't let the insects deter you, though they get a few bites in you just use it to drive your determination.

Biting insects damage: 4D4 = [1, 2, 1, 4] = 8

((Zephyr will move 60 ft.))

Robesy
Zephyr
Maji <------------------------------------
Ulmwin
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:54 pm

((And cue the Benny Hill music!)) :lol:
https://youtu.be/ZnHmskwqCCQ

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Maji moves and dashes after the reptile, growling loudly.

Chase: 1D20 = [3] = 3

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Maji: You take off after Zephyr and the figure in robes, roaring as you go.

((Maji will move 80 ft.))

As Ulmwin moves out of the scree of rubble, he hits a patch of small loose pebbles!

((Acrobatics check please!))

Robesy
Zephyr
Maji
Ulmwin <------------------------------------
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Acrobatics: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

It seems Ulmwin's part in this chase is about to come to an, undignified, end.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Ulmwin: Your feet scoot out from under you and you spill to the ground, arms and hands scraped as you take 2 damage.

((You can still stand up and pursue, standing up takes half your movement, so if you'd like to move and dash, you can make 40 ft progress tops.))

((Let me know what you want to do and then go ahead and roll a d20 to see if Robesy has any complications.))

Robesy
Zephyr
Maji
Ulmwin <------------------------------------
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Ulmwin curses, but does eventually get up to continue pursuit- Or at least help out Zeph and Maji, should they find themselves in issues along the line...

random: 1D20 = [11] = 11

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:53 pm

((Alright, at the end of that round, Zephyr keeps pace with the robed figure, but is still 130 feet back, Maji gains ground on them both, and is only 20 ft behind Zephyr, while Ulmwin falls further behind, but is doggedly keeping up as best he can, another 80 ft behind Maji. No complications for the robed figure, 11 and above nothing happens.))

The robed figure keeps sprinting across the hard earth, labored breathing coming a bit easier as it is now highly motivated to avoid pursuit by the three individuals behind it.
A breeze stirs, carrying a puff of dusty sand and grit into the air, intersecting with Zephyr's path. ((CON save, please.))

Robesy
Zephyr <------------------------------------
Maji
Ulmwin
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 am

Back at the dead lizard, the others investigate the packs, and find desiccated meats, various dried roots, tubers and bark. Another has some crude semi-precious stones, and worn bits of coin of a minting that is not recognizable, and a worn jade statuette.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 am

((About how many day's rations on the meats? Since Maj is the "picky eater", figure we'll give those to him))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 pm

((3d12 days of meat, I'll let you roll.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 pm

meat rations: 3D12 = [1, 4, 10] = 15

((Couple of weeks, then. Not too bad.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:08 pm

((Depends on how hungry Maji gets, I suppose!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm

"We'll let Ulmwin check these out later and see if anything is magic or not." Randy looks around. "Where is he anyway?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:10 am

Con save : 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

CON SAVE

Sorry about the delay.

and a complication
Complication: 1D20 = [11] = 11

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 am

The grit and sand catches Zephyr full in the face and she has to slow her pace to get her vision cleared without stumbling and falling. She manages to do so, muddy tears streaking her face.

((Speed halved, will move 30 ft. No complications for Maji.))

Robesy
Zephyr
Maji <------------------------------------
Ulmwin

((Maji, you'd talked about offering Zephyr a ride, you'll be catching up to her/passing her this round, as long as you move no further than 50 ft this round, you'd be in range for her to get to and mount up next round if she chooses to do so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 am

Slowed up by the grit and in an attempt to clear it from her face and mouth, zephyr momentarily looks back and sees Maji in the form of a bear, barreling across the waste.

(I want to board Maji as he runs past me, what check shall I roll?)

Her brain runs through a plan quickly, and she comes to a halt and readies herself to leap aboard the running Maji, she yells out her intention to him as he pounds closer. "Keep running, I'm going to jump on board." Zephyr readies herself to jump and grab.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 am

((Ok... your speed is halved, so the 30 ft represented a move and dash... Mounting usually takes half your movement, but I'd say that if you wanted to have only moved 15 ft forward (or not moved at all), you could use your Action to hold an attempt to make an Athletics check to scramble aboard a running bear. Hold off on rolling for now though, whether Maji is continuing to run at full speed or slowing as he approaches you will inform the DC you need to make.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 am

^The stopping one. And I'll wait.