The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 am

Sure, Coljin can go for 'diabetic blood testing' size stabbing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 am

(I'll be completely honest in stating I kind of want to see a pin-drop prick of blood being made, and then Holger faints... :roll: )

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:10 am

A vampiric blade makes more sense than a "stab you to heal you" blade does.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 am

Definitely does, but they might have wanted it as a big surgical blade perhaps :paranoia:

But life draining is usually reserved as necromancy where energy damage and apparently healing is evocation
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am

I admit, having a blade that you stab someone to heal them could lead to all sorts of comedic happenings. :chuckle: (I swear, I'm just trying to help you!)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:30 am

*stabs someone 37 times in the chest*

LIVE DAMNIT

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am

Ok, I feel like I've list track of developments over the last day or so. Are we attacking?

I / Nem think if we have a rough feeling about what these gems do, we should at least be able to split them into "good" gems and "bad" gems. We could just throw everything "bad" into the tree room, let the smoke clear and then send the tanks in. She's a chaotic soul though :)

I still think we should take advantage of our numbers and push on now, but happy to go with the consensus (as long as we get to one soon - standing around here is no good).

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 am

I believe the plan is to regroup at the guard room at the top of the stairs so that everyone hurt can get their short rest while the unhurt stand guard. Then we go for a full on attack. Randy's been keeping his claw as a "just in case" item. I believe the standard activation is to smash the item. If he gets desperate, he'll palm it and smash the thing with his sword pommel and hope for the best.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am

I think only those of us belonging to the scout group have taken any damage, the rest are at full hp or almost according to the sheet. So If Holger takes a 4 berries so he doesn't accidently die by crit we should be more or less set to go right away.

From what I remember there is 1 vine blight slightly damage and 3 twig blights at half hp so they pretty much die when hit. So if we storm in, holger throwing daggers at the twigs and the rest swarming the vine blight should be able to take down all the minions in the room in one turn. Then full focus on the boss blight should wear it down rather quickly.

If we meet where Holger is we can split up and attack from both sides at once.

I suggest Zephyr, Tess, Holger and Ulmwin go down the scout path with Zephyr in the front.
Rudolph, Randy, Maji and Coljin go in from the opposite site.

We could make a signal for the attack then if need be. Maji and Holger can make specific sounds with our magic
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:42 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:I admit, having a blade that you stab someone to heal them could lead to all sorts of comedic happenings. :chuckle: (I swear, I'm just trying to help you!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This was literally attempted in another game of mine... with Burns wielding the scalpel!

I miss that game, I'd like to get it going again, but a lot of the players aren't really around anymore.

I have Zephyr having taken 2 damage, and Coljin at half health with 9/18.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be an effective difference between taking a long or short rest here. Either way, we're losing at least an hour and a half of time, which is more than enough for the monsters to regroup.

If we retreat at all, we lose the advantage we have now. I still vote for option 1.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:54 am

I'm very tempted to provide a hint to the Holger/Coljin discussion... Holger, do you recall the imagery on the blade and handle?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 am

It is drops, like water...or it could be blood, on the pommel. and clouds? I'm not at home where I have it written down.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am

A cloud raining when the blade is pointed downwards. So doing this might cause the blade to drip with healing energy in that position or if stabbed into the ground cause a healing rain to heal people nearby.
Doesn't coljin have the channel divinity healing available? Granted it could be better to use during the fight if more people go down to quickly get all up at the cost of only one action.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 am

I think the fear is not the blights that are already down there regrouping, though, I think the fear is that if we take a long rest, not only would we probably need to retreat all the way up to the safe room, but that it gives time for additional reinforcements to arrive from the outside... With a short rest I find that probably unlikely to happen, although I do expect to potentially have a small scuffle if they investigate us/allow them to get in "formation" down there to prepare for us.

Also I am looking forward to the blade doing only water damage or something. :roll:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:01 am

((I believe his healing channel divinity has been used, and clerics only have 1 use initially.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 am

(We can set up barricades. There were large door like things? Also I vote for plan 4: fire)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 am

I'm likely to be off line the rest of the day. Things kinda dropped in the bucket at work. Spider can play Randy for me if needed. His actions will be to tell the rest of the group what is going on, let them vote, let the group get the 1 hour rest. During that he'll ask Ulmwin to ID the crystal and claw for him. After that he'll lead the group back down to the blight room, preferably sneaking if the RNG allows.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 am

Why wouldn't they be able to arrive from outside tho? They're watching us now, so if we don't want them to raise the alarm we're going to have to patrol the rampway.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 am

How many are wounded beyond Holger, Maji and Tess?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:17 am

spiderwrangler wrote:I have Zephyr having taken 2 damage, and Coljin at half health with 9/18.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 am

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's unlikely/ far less drastic than it would be if we took a long rest. Simple fact is, it probably already takes a hour just to get from the bottom to the surface, so it's not like it's going to be sending out messengers to get reinforcements in such a short time... Anything that could be arriving would already have to be under way from before, and what difference would 1 hour make in that regard, when we've been here for several and none are yet to arrive..? Compare that to 8 hours rest, a good chunk of an hour just to go back up, not counting back down... If there had not been a "recall" yet, at that point there definitely will have been.

Not that I don't expect Spider to perhaps add a couple minions to retribute for us doing a short rest, but the question is simply whether or not the HP we'll gain from the short rest is worth this risk- Personally I think so, though as I said before, an outright attack comes as a close second.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:23 am

M0rtimer wrote:... but the question is simply whether or not the HP we'll gain from the short rest is worth this risk-...
Of those in need of HP, who has hit dice left on the day? You've taken one short rest today, I know at least some folks used HD.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am

I mean that is a good question I suppose. If those of us that need the healing don't have any left, there's little point to taking that short rest. :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 am

Holger still got hd to use, but let's see what the magical dagger of potential healing does before hand. If we are lucky then it'll be an aoe healing
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked